WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    BnL sent us a pecan pie from Collins Street Bakery for Thanksgiving and I finished the last piece last night. Now on to better eating. I am careful enough that I have been able to stay within a 3 lb range of my normal (not best at all) weight. If I didn't love my wine, I would probably actually lose...LOL.

Carol in GA
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Day 13 - November 27
    I am grateful for the ability to read. Reading has provided me with knowledge, a pathway to escape pain, and entertainment.
    Day 14 - November 28
    I am grateful for the sight of my bed.
    Day 15 - November 29
    I am most grateful for the season of spring.
    Day 16 - November 30
    I am grateful for my body because it allows me to move through this world. It allows me to have physical and emotional experiences.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Suzi - Hugs!

Lisa - Good thoughts for you, I know you don't like hugs!

Okie in the TX Hill Country who is off to meet friends for lunch and then venture back home for dinner with some neighborhood friends and then our Bedlam football game to close out the day!

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Lisa ... I'm gonna hug you anyways ...

NYKaren ... I've been watching the weather also as my son flies back to Nashville at 5:40 this afternoon. Ice comes in around 1am here and Nashville ... well it's raining and 63 degrees. The week WAS short! Glad Rachel's car mishap was close to home. I call that providence.

Rebecca ... Athena is just a joy!

Suzi ... I read the rant all the way through. Glad all is getting back to normal for you!

I've been reading, just not much to add. Love you all!

Beth near Buffalo
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Q
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    ;) Missed 4 days and feel like it’s been forever! Too many posts to read right now. I’ll go backwards from today. Busy time of year!

RV Rita still in Roswell
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Restaurants- Eating before impossible Daughter gets so excited to be home we pack up JR leave early come home late.
    She has already announced one day will be Starbucks for Brunch drinks followed by a restaurant.Spa my first ever which means Hubby will pick up JR watch him for a short period . Shopping 🛍. Dinner with hubby y Dad included with us 3 . Movie 🎥 . More shopping 🛍. Back home . That’s 1 day! When she gets her energy out wants to just be lazy with a computer think I’ll be so tired out I’ll welcome the ignoring us time lol.

Today chicken baked with light cheese on top. Banana pepper. Spinach topped with homemade spinach guacamole.Apple slices.
    Unhealthy Diet Coke to take my teeth enamel off . Not every day but still I know it’s bad for me but feel like a treat.
    Later at Dinner guacamole /chips ,chicken , broccoli 🥦 not sure what I’ll drink yet.
    Snacks unknown probably special k with almond milk let JR eat away I’ll eat the left overs.

I’ll send out Thankyou from Daughter y us to all by call y email 📧. Her generation is not taught by schools to write letters like my Mothers generation.My generation was learning phone etiquette I was confused struggled learning to write letters ...didn’t help moms family nitt-picked every word of my letters even got them back graded (teachers but still turned me off forever on writing ✍️ cause of those heartless grammar nazis! Then they attacked Daughter decades later so she refuses to write...I understand the fear it leaves). Daughter said her Generation was taught email 📧 y social media etiquette only no phone or letters. I spent a month teaching her friends y her about telephone books y how theirs yellow pages on the internet too after teaching them the book version. Biggest struggle ever!!!

Amber Tx

RvRita- I miss too many I skim for my name or a topic I recognize skip the rest no way to read every word when we get behind. Logged in after being sick was 200+ posts!!!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Gorgeous tree! :bigsmile:

Terri: I use my laptop to visit here at MFP and have had no serious problems. I have “home” on my phone that provides access to the list serve. I prefer using my laptop to visit here because I can edit my work before I say something dumb. I use the phone to log calories. :smiley:

Barbara: I’ll see if I can find Miracle on library2go. :flowerforyou:

SuziQ: I got the update overnight. Thanks! :star:

We have frost this morning! It is our first frost for the season and it is gorgeous. Our hummingbirds are chowing down on sugar water. I took my miniature rosebush, still in full bloom, and tucked it under a rhododendron beside the house. I’ve done the same in years past and it seems to survive each winter. DH bought it for me at the grocery store years ago for Mother’s Day.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• Katla49
    Options
    SuziQ: I discovered the iphone update in the middle of the night. All is well with my phone, but I didn’t get much sleep that night. I’m sure they think they’re doing us all a favor by making ios changes in the middle of the night. I would have loved to get a real night’s sleep. :grumble:

Lanette: I remember Gloria well. She was a valiant woman, raising grandsons on her own. I hope they’re doing well now. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Lanette - The Thai curry was fantastic, but a little too spicy for DH. I thought it was the best thing I've had for a while. I bought these wonderful mini zucchini and eggplants from our local Mediterranean store. I only used half the packet of curry sauce and just a few spoonfuls of coconut milk, so I will freeze the rest.

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Gender Reveal Parties 🎈:

Poor Uncles still being made fun of. The youth of this generation is big on secret until the gender reveal.Huge deal to them. It is posted on social media so has to be perfect to a T! My poor Uncle after the pink explosion 💥 powder smoke bomb went off (turned white then pink I wasn’t there since I’m the 2nd y 3rd cousin) he asked so what the sex of the baby? Kept asking so their perfect video even at the end he was confused on what it will be. Finally someone said pink smoke it’s a girl. He said “Smokes not alive it has no sex! What’s the BABY!” Lol 😂 I get a tickle hearing it ,but they were upset awhile about it.

Don’t know about you but think their silly 🙃.
    I learned about my Daughter when Dr. went in to do a checkup he said what is that ....”Ummmm “ I said. “Her V-Jay presses up against your camera thingy you may want to go up a little higher to find the head measurements.”
    Lol Daughter kept following the camera thingy so only got V-Jay measurements.Well I was happy to know I had a girl! Abuser of course broke my bones when we got home punishment no doctor for days for having a girl not a boy. I was relieved it was a girl very very relieved! Was a breath they don’t fight for custody very hard for girls ,but boys that’s another story. They only fought 3yrs would have been worse for a boy. She also was suspected of having a cyst on her ovaries so was definitely a girl.

JR well Doctor ran test to see if I was pregnant 🤰 less than 5minutes later (think test spinner for a minute of that) bam answer your pregnant! Doctor said WOW never comes back that fast his Testosterone must be through the roof! Lol 😆 she said it harder to detect pregnancy with females. Told the OB later what she said he said yup true .He wrote baby boy on our files. Lol 😂 so no need for gender reveal started day 1.

I just told everyone. Not a big whoop 🙌 to me. My MIL this time had a dream I was having a boy he was sitting on steps of the house we moved to later so well called hubby while I was driving to the doctor she told everyone her dream lol. Lol 😂 no need to tell them before I knew even. Hubby had a dream too he was baptizing his son. My Cousin (blabber mouth) y a nurse who I knew forever spilled the beans all over town y to family that I just found out I was pregnant few minutes ago it was a boy! Lol that all in Day 1 of the pregnancy.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Options
    :flowerforyou: