WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    cmsavells wrote: »
    Super fun night tonight! I so needed this night for me. One of the churches near my house has an annual Messiah sing-along. They hire soloists and a string quartet. It was so awesome and totally let me have a much needed fun night!

Lisa, the quilts are beautiful!!

Connie in KY

I would love that!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    As promised - the kid's cheater quilts that I got finished last night - for those who don't quilt, cheater quilts are created from large panels that you then layer with batting and backing, and then quilt. These are done with hand-guided, free-motion quilting on a home machine.
    This one is for my granddaughter Haley, as she loves being a princess. At the very bottom, you'll see a close-up of the free-motion quilting on her quilt, with the lighting changed a bit so the stitching shows.
    0al9hgtrbca0.jpg
    This one is for my new grandson, Levi, due in January. The John Deere tractor motif is more for his mom and dad than for the new little guy.
    b1zu4yrpyon1.jpg
    This one is for my nine-year-old grandson, Tyler, who loves the game of Minecraft. The top margin of the quilt is just as long as the bottom margin, to go over his bed and pillows, but I'm too short to hold it up and still see the design that way! :smile:
    9gone78738kf.jpg
    Close up of free-motion quilting
    i6wl90hn10m5.jpg

On with my Monday,
    Lisa in AR

Those are great!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 9.35min, 10.3amph, 131ahr, 136mhr, 1.64mi= 84c
    apple watch- 59c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 10.17min mi, 116ahr, 141mhr, lvl11, 9h, 112c, 40l, 2.93mi= 255c
    apple watch- 138c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.41min, 15.6amph, 132mhr, 1.47mi= 59c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.46min, 12.1amph, 148mhr, 2.97mi= 167c
    apple watch- 103c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.26min, 9.07min mi, 147mhr, .59mi= 67c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.36min, 9.57min mi, 145mhr, .46mi= 56c
    apple watch- 54c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.10min, 9.4amph, 143mhr, 2.53mi= 211c
    apple watch- 128c

total cal 902
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💤😴
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Well yup woke up at 1 am and I'm still awake and sneezing my head off. OY..Well will just take a mid morning nap is all. I have to help my neighbor with Garden club party this afternoon.
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    OMGosh! I am behind all of December!! The days are flying by and I lost my notes from the end of November. Just jotting a note so you know I'm still here, and thinking of all of you and trying to keep up! Thank you, Barbie, getting December started and I don't know how everyone stays up to date! I am grateful for each and every one of you and hope everyone enjoys whatever holidays December brings to your house!! We are looking forward to a not very white Christmas - hopefully with a newborn granddaughter. o:)

<3 Luci in WNC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,034 Member
    Good Morning/afternoon/evening to all.

Allie: Good news on the raise, but you deserve more than a dollar for all you do.
    Heather: sounds like you had a fun night.

🔹We are going out early to do our weekly shop, then having lunch at a local Golf Club with our Garden Group. It will be a full Christmas dinner, but I plan to eat small portions, and have a light meal this evening.
    🔹I will work on my Christmas card list when we get home. Then I have Crochet this evening.
    🔹Out all day both Thursday and Friday.

🎄🤶 Gratitude for Christmas 🎅🏻🎄
    #1, 15 Nov: Scents: loved the smell of the roses I put into my Floral arrangement
    #2, 16 Nov:Technology: Glad that I had my car and didn’t have to stand in the cold waiting for a bus
    #3, 17 Nov: Colour: the colour of the beautiful sunset as I walked home in the late afternoon
    z8iz97lle1ip.jpg
    #4, 18 Nov: Food: Fresh produce form my own garden ..... or ....... Chocolate! 🍫 My ultimate comfort food.
    #5, 19 Nov: Sound: I'm grateful for the sound of DH moving about downstairs. It's very comforting.
    #6, 20 Nov: In Nature: I love the view of the night sky from my bedroom window on clear nights.
    #7, 21 Nov: Memory: This triggered a veritable avalanche of memories of my life, the happy moments crowding out the less pleasant ones. So... the memory I am most grateful for is my own selective memory, which chooses to focus on the positives, and reframe the negatives as learning experiences.
    #8, 22 Nov: Book: "Unlimited Power" by Tony Robbins. This book was a revelation to me and showed me that I was in charge of my life. It was pretty scary at first to accept responsibility for all my actions and decisions. It was no longer possible for me to blame others or make excuses. But it was such a positive turning point in my life. I revisit it often.
    #9, 23 Nov - Place: the place I am most grateful for is the quiet place in my head where I go when I meditate.
    #10, 24 Nov - Taste: Today grandson had made an experimental mulled wine drizzle cake. I was grateful that it tasted so good, (not all of his experiments turn out so well 😂) Fortunately, I always hold calories for my Sunday visit, so was able to fully enjoy his delightful concoction (NB: lemon drizzle cake is one of my favourites)
    #11, 25 Nov - Holiday: I love my annual week's family holiday on the West coast of Ireland with our DED and the grands. This year was our 24th year of these holidays. We started them with my DMiL when our granddaughter was just 8 months old. I am grateful that all 3 grands still want to come on these holidays with us.
    #12, 25 Nov, Texture: I love the feel of fresh soft fluffy towels after my shower.
    #13, 26 Nov, Abilities: I treasure my ability to be adaptable, and look for the positive in situations.
    #14, 27 Nov, Sight: I appreciate the sight of my husband bringing my tea in bed each morning. It means I can take my time waking up.
    #15, 28 Nov, Season: All the season's have their good points' but the spring is my favourite because it heralds the end of winter and the lengthening of daylight hours.
    #16, 29 Nov: I'm grateful that bones are strong. I have been very fortunate in that I have never had a broken bone. Long may that continue.
    #17, 30 Nov, Knowledge: I'm grateful the self-knowledge I have gained on this health and fitness journey. Now all I have to do is apply it! 😂
    #18, 1 Dec, Piece of art: Not sure why but found this one difficult. Settled on this. It a fire screen that my Nana embroidered. It sat in front of the fire in her sitting room. I rescued it when my aunt was about to throw it away after redecorating her apartment after my uncle had been taken into residential care with Alzheimer's. It means more to me than all the fancy paintings in the world.
    #19, 2 Dec, Touch: This morning I am so grateful for DH's hand on my shoulder when he woke me with my morning cuppa. He is the wind beneath my wings. In light the two bereavement last weekend, I am especially conscious of the fact that many of my contemporaries don't have that luxury.
    #20, 3 Dec, Person: I am most grateful for my DH. He puts up with all my foibles, and shows his affections in so many different ways. And he keeps me on an even keel. I'm fortunate that I have him in my life.
    #21, 4 Dec, Song: There are so many songs that I love. But 2 that I regard as my anthems are
    Girls just wanna have fun, Cindi Lauper which always has me up and dancing Tubthumping, Chumbawamba which has seen me through some down times
    🤶🏻 Have a Happy 🐫 Hump 🐫 Day 🤶🏻

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    A few Christmas decorations ... our dog is wearing a santa hat and there's a santa on a bicycle on the coffee table. :)

pcqvqsujg9sv.png

Machka in Oz
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    ;)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,505 Member
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member