WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Janet - I’m so sorry. Hugs!!

Okie
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Machka Love the indoor exercise photo! I need to work out an indoor exercise program for the winter!

Janet So sorry you have to go through the worry of being away from your daughter during this tough time! Depression is a terrible disease! I hope she has gone for counseling as she had planned. I am a firm believer in good counseling. Will you have an opportunity to see her anytime soon? (I don’t remember where she is in relation to where you live.) So tough when you reach out and don’t get any response! Praying!!

Rebecca Beautiful envelopes!! Such a great idea!

Michele Enjoy the concert! I’m sure it will be amazing!

Carol I want to cry for you with your birthday being forgotten…Makes me want to give them all a piece of my mind! People forget how blessed they are with the people in their lives. One day, when we are all gone, they will have major regrets for not appreciating what they had while you were here!

LondonParisTexas Welcome! I feel for you with your injury. Impressed that you are finding ways to continue exercise despite your injury. I went through a ten-year recovery from injury that found me completely sedentary. My cardiologist friend turned me on to chair exercise and I have slowly worked up to being able to walk without a cane or walker, have even had one hour walks occasionally. I agree that crutches must burn a lot more calories! Hang in there! December 17 is right around the corner!!

<3 Luci in WNC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Carol It hurts my heart to think of no one remembering your birthday. I like Heather's idea of taking charge of it because it removes your vulnerability. :'( (((Hugs)))

Janetr (((Hugs)))

Barbara Thanks! Appreciate the information.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,057 Member
    In Seattle

1oshz6h89463.jpeg
    873aond1tmno.jpeg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,597 Member
    Pip - Oh I do like a nice big hotel bed! :bigsmile:

Janetr - How hard it must be for you. When I was at my worst I rang The Samaritans (suicide prevention) They were incredibly helpful. Just to have a voice at the other end of the phone in the night.

Love and best wishes to all. Welcome LPT. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Husband and I went to the CPO Club for a holiday craft on today. As husband calls it the crap fair, so cheeky! It was mostly fru-fru items, soaps, Mary Kay, nail polish and tee shirts with sayings on them. We walked around, and came home. Haahaa! But we went and supported the cause.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    janetr - sending good thoughts to you and your eldest daughter-
  • pipcd34
    hexws7k709l5.jpeg
    jv76ymg6vwq9.jpeg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    JanetR - Prayers and positive thoughts to your daughter. And, a big hug to you.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    SuziQ - I don't find your gratitudes self-centered at all. You've created a life you obviously love, and are to be congratulated for the strength to do so. I utterly agree that loving and respecting yourself draws the same from others. When we have no regard for ourselves, we get the same disregard from others.

This hit me hard! I always try to see that everyone in my family has a happy birthday, Christmas, etc. and this year my birthday came around and no one remembered!

Carol in GA

This brought a tear to my eye. I am so sorry you were not remembered this year especially since you do so much for your family. As others have suggested I think letting those you love know how it made you feel may make them a little more thoughtful in the future. Big hug.
  • pipcd34
    200}# mastiff, on our walk
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,202 Member
    (((Janetr)