WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I’ve been taking Wellbutrin for many years. It has done a great job for me. I used to have trouble with wintertime depression, aka seasonal affective disorder. It is no longer the problem it once was. We have also installed daylight temperature lightbulbs everywhere in the house. The combination of Wellbutrin and daylight temperature light bulbs has gotten rid of SAD for me. :bigsmile:

Barbie: Enjoy your snow. :smiley:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele- anything pink,red,blue,purple,or orange dyes y natural foods used to make dyes like beets in other words of red is the primary color to make that color it can color the intestines make it look redder or bluer so get misdiagnosed as inflamed or having something you don’t . Can’t have orange to grape kool aids either .

https://stopcoloncancernow.com/spread-awareness/news/five-red-and-purple-foods-to-avoid-before-your-colonoscopy

Amber Tx

If you can mix red or blue to make it avoid it.

Can have lime or lemon jello tho I used to be served it in the hospital before a procedure as a baby on up.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Flea your post touched me. Brave of you to speak of your fear/worry. I leave many of mine unsaid, afraid to give them substance by putting them out there… BUT… doing so is the first step in facing them down. Good on you for doing your research, knowledge is power to combat fear. Finally, I try to remember that I was me before all the lovely changes life brings those of us lucky enough to live long enough… and hope I’ll be “me” afterwards too… ;} ((hugs))

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Thank you, Barbara. These are very kind words, which I appreciate very much.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    Options
    Athena is getting her first tooth!💖
    💖Rebecca

Oh my land. She is so full of personality!

Flea
  • OregonMother
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

And a surprise. After 6 months "without" ... guess what decided to pay me a visit again. :rage: And the count goes back to 0. Bah Humbug.

Machka in Oz

My condolences! But your hair looks fantastic!!

Flea
  • OregonMother
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »

He is changing so quickly! Time for me to plan my next visit. Grateful this morning for the internet, that keeps me "close" to my far away family and has given me you lovely ladies, as well! <3 ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Another beautiful baby full of personality! Thanks for sharing, Kelly.

Flea
  • OregonMother
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Look @ this critter sunning himself on my fence yesterday. Not for everyone.

Lovely!!! I love reptiles. But not a big fan of snakes. But this one is a big yes. So beautiful.

(I will talk to my doc about my hair. Thanks!)

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • OregonMother
    Options
    Being able to love this way has alot to do with forgiveness.. I forgave Tom for his indiscretions and poor Elena probably didnt know he was cheating on his wife... she is the type who would be mortified..and I would never spoil our friendship by sharing that..

Don't you think she knows now, even if she didn't know at the time? I get not talking about it with her. That would be super awkward, but she must have figured out the time line.

Flea
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hugs and prayers for you, your hub and family Flea!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Flea- Same when my Mom passed was relief yet hard all in one.No one wanted her to suffer anymore,was getting harder on all her many caregivers (Daughter even contiplated not joining the military to move in help my Dad care for her/ Dad was having heart attacks from the stress of New Affordable Care Act taking away her insurance (Texas - age gap that effects special needs (Autism to DownSyndrome patients on Disability are forced off into early normal people retirement SSI which means their Medicaid poofs they fall under buy insurance at a very high rate even tho they get $500 a month or Medicare have to pay half then hit gaps. No big deal you say we’ll try paying for Chemotherapy with that! She died as a result she made $1 too much for Medicare lawyers said they didn’t understand the new laws yet turned her down y many repeals think they call it where you say they made a mistake it is re looked at were again NO’s. In the end no pain meds with her bones breaking to no chemo or oxygen machines - they were confiscated because no way to pay it. As a family we pulled our money together to get her all we could from gauze to her over the counter meds even oxygen tanks which the oxygen place tossed a few in for free cause they felt this wasn’t right). Was very bad in the end for her so her passing even tho it was an agonizing death the suffering was finally over days before Christmas (I cleaned up hand prints of blood to trails she got up then went back to bed 🛌). We grieved took a toll on us but the air lifted we felt at peace that she was no longer suffering without medical care y medicine . The medical examiners y funeral homes said her stomach was rotting away before death so even if she would have woke Dad up which it looked like she was going to try to do the hospital would have only prolonged it a few days it would have been worse end. Sometimes it’s just your time. Celebrate the memories of her with your hubby. Happy memories to songs with children laughing playing is a better way to go than a boring service y everyone crying believng a laugh or smiles bad . My family has always believed that well every funeral on that side I remember happily. My Moms side it has to be a miserable time they believe so all deaths on that side I remember with such agony that I don’t want to remember them at all. Prayers your way Flea for the days ahead for Hubby y you.

Amber Tx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Outlook still can’t be fixed. The problem is still intermittent, which can be a real pain

Tina – I’m so sorry to hear this. Please get better fast.

Flea – my deepest condolences on your loss. In some ways, they were prepared. I think she needs to have stated in her will that her estranged son was to get $1. Otherwise, he could contest the will and say that she wasn’t in her right mind when she made out the will. How is it in your state?

Michele NC

• ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Stephen Foster Memorial Day!

"Stephen Collins Foster (July 4, 1826 – January 13, 1864), known as 'the father of American music,' was an American songwriter known primarily for his parlor and minstrel music. He wrote more than 200 songs, including 'Oh! Susanna,' 'Hard Times Come Again No More,' 'Camptown Races,' 'Old Folks at Home' ('Swanee River'), 'My Old Kentucky Home,' 'Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair,' 'Old Black Joe,' and 'Beautiful Dreamer,' and many of his compositions remain popular today. He has been identified as 'the most famous songwriter of the nineteenth century' and may be the most recognizable American composer in other countries."

Lilylady - I have a recumbent exercise bike too. I like it because I can do it while reading a book so I'm less likely to get bored and quit!

SuziQ - I really like the asymmetry of your rose arrangement, and the way the folded leaves made such a dramatic backdrop.

Lisa - I'm OK with snakes but your son-in-law needs to learn better snake handling manners if he doesn't want his ball python to get hurt. Not everybody is going to welcome a surprise reptile in their lap!

Kelly - The storm that was presaged by a lot of warnings for our area about severe thunderstorms, high winds, two-inch hailstones, and tornadoes turned out to be nothing but a couple of minutes of rain by the time it got to us. Not complaining - sounds like some people to the west of us got hit hard!

Michele - My doctor told me the same thing when I was having trouble with yeast infections on the skin just above my bra line. She said yeast "doesn't like air" so hitting it with the blow dryer when I got out of the shower might help.

Sue - So sorry to hear you had shingles twice! Between the expense of the vaccine and all the side effects I've been reading about, that must be pretty disappointing! I wonder if having the vaccine at least made it less severe?

karencpnp795 - Welcome! You should totally make room in your plan for a glass of wine now and then!

Flea - Wishing you and your family the peace of knowing your mother-in-law is at peace. It is sad to think people had so little to say about her, but who knows what ripples she left during her lifetime.

I'm busy trying to flog myself back into a solid routine. All the enforced rest over the holidays messed up my schedule, and now we've got record-setting cedar pollen counts so almost nobody in central Texas is at 100 percent. At least packing up the garage is adding some extra activity, the scale is up and it's past time for me to straighten up and fly right again.

-Yvonne in TX
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Flea ~ Good thoughts for you and your family as you travel through this sad time.

Amber ~ I am so sorry that your mom suffered.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,360 Member
    Options
    Flea - I'm sure you will find a few wise and consoling words to say at your MIL's funeral. Brave and good of you to offer. That was always my role as well. :* Sending best wishes for it all to proceed smoothly. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx