Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    😎
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    It seems strange to this Brit when you talk about your houses. Our plots of land are worth money even if the house is a ruin. And if you walked away the council would come after you. I suppose an old ruin in the deep countryside would not be worth much, or in some old industrial towns, but our bricks and mortar houses are nearly always worth saving. On our small island, land is at a premium. Finding a building plot with planning permission is very difficult.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Down here in Tasmania ...

-- land way out in the middle of nowhere is cheap (under $50,000)
    -- land in smaller towns is mid-range ($50,000-$175,000)
    -- land in more populated areas is expensive (over $175,000)

There are towns here where businesses have closed and people do just walk away. When we moved here, some were like that and we could have picked up a house for about $8000. It would have been in pretty rough condition and there would have been no work/employment anywhere close ... but houses in those towns are now going for about $50-60,000 so maybe it would have been worth it!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - the site is just about me, with my name as the domain, so that media etc can get in touch with me if they want me to give a talk, write an article, do a podcast. Because I no longer have a normal publisher there is no contact point for me. I'm not intending to blog or anything, although I guess you never know! It will basically be a cv and description of what I can offer with some photos. The most important thing for me is that they forward emails to my Inbox. If someone has read my memoir and wants to contact me I can put the website on my Author Page on Amazon.
    I would like to put a few old photos on there to supplement the memoirs. People can link to there from the books. It's easier than putting photos into the books.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Be sure you've got a really good virus/scam catcher!

When I put up my new site, I left the setting on where comments are forwarded to my email. Whoops and wow! I turned that off in a hurry!

But even if the site is just about you, I'd still recommend having a "hook" ... something that makes you stand out. And examples of talks, articles and podcasts. :)

Machka in Oz

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Rori

Happiest of birthdays to you.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    My birthday is on Tuesday and our 32nd anniversary is Friday.
    Rori
    Living in the power of NOW
    Colorado Foothills

Happy Birthday and Anniversary!

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    YVONNE I love all those songs my Grandad loved Al Jolson
    HEATHER love Vera are you watching Wisting

Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,367 Member
    Options
    Kate UK - This Vera series is only about three long, I understand. :'( Yes I am watching Wisting. :D The depressing thing is that, although I have been learning Norwegian for about 15 months, I can only understand a few words of their conversation because they speak so fast. :# But then I'm not much better with French films and I consider myself fairly fluent. The spoken language is difficult. It's like listening to two of us mumbling together and using slang. Norwegians seem to elide a lot of their words and miss off endings. I hope to be able to stumble out a few phrases when I get there and hope they speak slowly back to me. :p

DH's back pain is improving. He is doing his exercises and stretches and has bought a roller on the osteopath 's advice. It comes with link to the internet for use, so he has printed off lots of pages with pictures. He is sleeping better. I bought him some long lasting, 12 hr, ibuprofen yesterday that he can take after dinner. He took it last night. I think he is just feeling more optimistic about it improving. I really feel for those of you with husbands who are in constant pain. :'(<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,816 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well think I'm fighting a bladder infection will call the dr today and see if they can just call in antibiotics.. my insurance doesnt cover labwork.. so I dont want to have to pay for that.
    Also want to drink cranberry juice because of the sugar.. though I think I have some here.
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rori!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Options
    Trying to do about 150 different things at once these days. My morning was triple booked which took some juggling but amazingly got it all done.

One of the things I got done was a CT scan of my nose and surrounding area. In early Feb I'll learn the fate of my nice little nose. On the one hand breathing better would be good ... on the other hand, I like my nose!

Over the next few days ...
    • I really need to work on my last assignment for my class.
    • I want to do some work on my website because we might have a Wordpress meeting on Saturday, although I haven't actually seen anything about that. I'll have to check.
    • I want to see if I can revive an orchid!

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    1472025040_1315.gif

Happy birthday, Rori! Hope it's amazing...
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,833 Member
    Options
    Up late last night ... but stayed AF (alcohol free) though it was game time! Challenging for my no alcohol M-Th when you have your school playing in the championship game!

LSU National Champions GEAUX Tigers! 😊💜😊💜😊