WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
    stats for the day:

had a new wahoo hrm that i forgot about!

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.57min, 130mhr, 6.4amph, 1.48mi= 61c
    apple watch- 80c
    MANUAL TREADMILL, walk- 40min, 111ahr, 138mhr, 2.24mi= 243c
    apple watch- 267c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, snow flurries- 9.18min, 125mhr, 9.7amph, 1.49mi= 38c
    apple watch- 98c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 18.42min, 133mhr, 9.7amph, 3.03mi= 138c
    apple watch- 105c
    walk sta 2 wrk- 10.14min, 112mhr, 13.04min mi, .78mi= 47c
    apple watch- 65c
    walk sta 2 wrk 2 sta- 7.57min, 109mhr, .51mi= 33c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 25.02min, 6.2amph, 144mhr,2.58mi= 200c
    apple watch- 137c

total cal 785
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    So smoky out there!!! According to one newspaper, "The island’s air quality rivals major Asian cities like Beijing and New Delhi". It's coming across from Victoria.

I went for a 3 km walk at lunch, but it was not comfortable.

They say we might get a thunderstorm and some rain this evening, and I hope we do ... it might dampen things down out there.

Meanwhile, for the first day since my Shingles Vax I'm actually feeling reasonably OK. :) I might even consider a bit of exercise downstairs after work ... maybe rowing a little or a short jog on the treadmill ...

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,474 Member
    Barbie – happy anniversary

Amber – you’re so right – that’s the oldest city in Texas!

Well, I finished all the orange jello and made some green. I don’t want to get real hungry if I can help it.

Working on a Christmas tree skirt. The one that I had was about 25 years old and over the years the white has discolored. So I’m trying making another one like it only I think the yarn that I used the first time was a bit thinner because this one looks thicker. Well, it might not look bad under the tree. And who knows? Maybe it’ll flatten out once it’s been used.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We both have passports so we didn't bother to get the enhanced drivers' license the last time we renewed. I am excited to possess a drivers' license that says I can legally drive until I'm 78 years old.

<3 Barbie in beautiful snowy NW WA

Unless something happens.

My husband has still not been given clearance to drive because of his brain injury and resulting epilepsy. Two years ago, things were great. He was settling into his new position, we were planning some time away (which we did take, thank goodness), and then ...

Enjoy it while you've got it.
    Prepare just in case it's gone tomorrow.

Machka in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Happy anniversary Barbie!
  • Machka9
    Walk Score
    https://www.walkscore.com/
    https://www.walkscore.com/how-it-works/
    https://www.walkscore.com/methodology.shtml

Walk Score measures the walkability of any address, Transit Score measures access to public transit, and Bike Score measures whether a location is good for biking.

Walk Score measures the walkability of any address using a patented system. For each address, Walk Score analyzes hundreds of walking routes to nearby amenities. Points are awarded based on the distance to amenities in each category. Amenities within a 5 minute walk (.25 miles) are given maximum points. A decay function is used to give points to more distant amenities, with no points given after a 30 minute walk.

Walk Score also measures pedestrian friendliness by analyzing population density and road metrics such as block length and intersection density. Data sources include Google, Factual, Great Schools, Open Street Map, the U.S. Census, Localeze, and places added by the Walk Score user community.

My area has a walk score of 53/100.

50–69 = Somewhat Walkable. Some errands can be accomplished on foot.

Not brilliant but at least we can get a few groceries at a shop about 400 metres from where we live.

As we get older and as the chances that we won't be able to hang onto our driver's licences increases, walkability becomes increasingly important.

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,604 Member
    Machka -
    ll5uyu5639fj.jpg

:D<3:DB)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Hi I'm up to P38 but really need to crack on, so will try and catch up later :)

Loving the photo's of the grandchildren .... all so cute, and the cat in the box, ours are the same, the minute I put a box down there's a cat in it :D mind you, we don't get chance to put a box down now, before we have got the item out of it our dog Leah grabs it and shreds it for us, (maybe it wasn't such a good idea to let Leah "help" with the boxes we had for recycling before Christmas :p ) She loves to shred boxes!

Mum is feeling a bit better, but I think I may be getting her cold :s hopefully I'll be able to shrug it off before it gets a hold.

Once DS is up and about he's taking me to B&Q (local DIY store) to get a box of laminate flooring for the kitchen, I've had a few samples, but it's really hard to choose, they are so small, so I'm going to put a few full size planks down to help me decide.

Better get on with some chores, I've been sat here too long.

Love to all <3<3
    Viv UK

• Machka9
    edited January 2020
    Machka -

:D<3:DB)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

98/100 is incredible!!

You picked a really good place ... you're not dependent on a motor vehicle to get places. :)

The town where we lived before (in Victoria - the state north of us), has a walkability score of 71. I did like it there and would love to go back if there were work.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Heart is breaking. Time to say goodbye to my Bailey dog.

So sorry! :heartbreak:

• cityjaneLondon
    edited January 2020
    Machka - It was one of the prime reasons for moving here. I hated having to get in the car for a pint of milk! Plus this is the second thinnest area in the country, Chelsea in London being the thinnest. Must be all the walking! Plus we have some of the lowest readings in the country for air pollution. Lots of people running, cycling, skateboarding, roller skating, walking. You can cycle all along the seafront on dedicated lanes. I'm always having to pull visitors out of the lanes!
    I remember reading a study about the number of miles people walked in a week around the country. People in towns walked far more than countryside dwellers, with London being the highest! Not what people think. I guess NYC must be similar. We certainly walked our feet off when we were there.
    Our public transport is also great and buses are free for pensioners over the whole country.

My new umbrella has just arrived. It's to replace the one that was blown inside out yesterday and broke. DH 's roller came in the same delivery. He's very keen to try it out. :)
    It's still raining, but the wind has died down. It was blowing a gale all night. The disadvantage of living at the seaside! It really blows here and much more frequently than our previous house. I expect to do a bit of rowing this afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Karen in VA - I'm so, so sorry.
  • cityjaneLondon
    Karen - I know how hard you have fought for your dog. <3<3<3 Sending lots of healing thoughts as you go through this sad time. :'(
    Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx