WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Karen - So sorry! Losing our fur babies is so very hard.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    Karen Va~ as one who just did this, not easy my dear ,I will pray for a peaceful transition.
    Kelly- I have always been grandma, but Taliah likes to call me Graham Cracker now lol,calls my ex Grape. she is a silly girl...
    I havent got called in to work, which is good.. so today will do laundry and take Alfie down to see Homer.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Watching the news on the fires in Oz - crazy days indeed. Thinking about you Machka. Didn't we have another Ozzian show up for a bit? If you're still around, check in. We worry.

Karen in VA, my hope, too, for a peaceful transition for Bailey.

Carol - Your grandson has beautiful eyes, and is going to be a very handsome man. Thinking of you and your Pom this morning, too. Hope changing his diet and feeding routines has him more comfortable.

Egg's latest:
    On the furbaby side, Egg has taken to sleeping in the bathroom, and gets quite annoyed when you walk in and turn on the light. You get a grumpy mew, and she covers her eyes. It's also a grey cat on a grey rug on silver-ish flooring, so an oddly calming picture for me:

fgalfgi4wvcp.png

Busy day, have to go into the office and print 8 copies of a 50-page grant early this afternoon, and then stick around for a mandated, 3-hour teambuilding exercise built around playing board games with the C-suite types. I try not to play games with other people, especially people who sign my paycheck, as I am a rabid competitor. It's not my most pleasant trait.

Oh, and on the weight loss, bounced back up a half pound, but I did have a slip last night for the first time. We'll see if it works again if I hold onto the IF times.

Off to the races, kids,
    Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,098 Member
    Options
    Karen sorry for your loss!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Weight up y up again . Ugghh when your eating healthy food the next morning the numbers are up. Maybe too much sodium 🧂? Or the extra calories cause I ate a BeVita cookie.

Amber TX

OH WELL can just hope I stay in the 146-149.9 ranges .
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    Ewww
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbie ~ Happy Anniversary! :)

Kim ~ I felt tired reading about all your rose and tree pruning. I looked up the fish stew and I bet it was delish!

Karen in VA ~ My heart breaks for you! :'( So, so sorry for your loss. Bailey was a beautiful little boy. Our Pom is hanging in there and your advice to feed tiny bits every few hours seems to be helping.

Lisa ~ The photo of egg covering her eyes is endearing. :)

Heather ~ Your photo of the sea front is a bit scary. :*

Flea ~ Your mention of your MnL's car is interesting. My BnL is in assisted living and paying almost $4,000/yr in insurance for his jeep that is over 20 yrs old. It won't start (is parked at his home) and has not been driven in over a year. He will never let it go! :|

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :) We had snow all evening and overnight. My garden clogs were a bad choice in footwear when I walked the dogs at midnight. This morning I wore my New Balance boots and my feet were much happier. It will be a beautiful walk after breakfast. I will stay in the moment and not think about how rising and falling temperatures will result in icy roads tomorrow.

<3Karen in VA,so sorry about Bailey. Our fur babies are never with us long enough.

:) The way my life is today, it is more important that my neighborhood be walk friendly for dogs. Neighborhoods in my town that are good for walking to stores, etc, are terrible for walking dogs.

<3 Barbie in snowy NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,420 Member
    Options
    Karen: (((Hugs)))
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Karen so sorry to hear about your pup. Thinking of you during this time. Hugs and love!

Cheri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: You have been blessed. I envy those who can sing on key. I lack that ability. There are a few songs I can manage, but not many. :ohwell:

Rebecca: Your DGD is a charmer!! :bigsmile:

Barbie: Happy Anniversary!!! I can drive with this license until I’m 78, too. I don’t know whether I go in for another or have a driving test at that time. I expect I’ll eventually find out. :smiley:

Machka: I wonder when your air will get a nice washing from rain. I hope it comes along soon. :star:

Kim: Your fish stew sounds wonderful. We used to see the Hairy Bikers when we had Comcast, but we switched to AT&T and they don’t carry that show. I’m happy with so many things with satellite TV that I don’t mind missing the Hairy Bikers. They used loads of cream and butter if I remember right and those two ingredients are off of my island. I’m lactose intolerant. :ohwell:

Michele: I made a quilted Christmas Tree skirt back in the days when we went to a Christmas Tree farm & brought home a freshy cut tree. Now I have live Alberta Spruce trees that are growing in pots. I bought a second one for this past Christmas because DH can’t help with the lifting as he once did, and the first tree is in a heavier pot than I wanted to lift on my own. Many of the neighbors use artificial trees and some of them look good. :star:

(((Karen in VA))): Saying goodbye to a loved pet is very hard. :heart: :broken_heart::heart:

Barbara: I’ll have to check with my DMV about the compliance of my driver’s license in the long run. I think it will meet the criteria, but I don’t know for sure. We had a choice between traditional and high tech, and chose to pay extra for the high tech. I think it qualifies as real ID, but I’ll drop into DMV and verify. It worked just fine for my trip to see my daughter last fall. :star:

Yoga today! YAY!! I’m looking forward to it. I went to DH’s chair yoga with him yesterday and enjoyed myself, but I don’t want to miss my own class today.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon