Pip Owwwww!!! That looks tender.

Carol Your grandson is gorgeous.

Karen in Virginia

Happy Birthdays & Anniversaries to Rori and NYKAREN
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,586 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Flea - I was under the impression that all states were required to convert by this year. Some states have had them for years, but since CA is so disorganized and big, governmentally, it was able to extend until the last minute. I know some other states got extensions too. I don't like carrying my passport around, so if I'm flying domestic, I would prefer to use something else.

I looked at the link. Oregon and Oklahoma are the only two states that currently have extensions. Two very politically different states. I think I know why Oregon is dragging its feet, but I have no idea why Oklahoma would.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Lanette just yesterday I commented to one of my fellow students that one of the things I dislike most about aging is the fear of falling. When we practice stepping, coach makes us slow way down. Step Right up, bring Left knee up toward waist level, hold for 3 seconds, step Left down, step Right down.. Repeat on other side. The object is to remove momentum from the equation to build stabilizing strength. Good to practice at bottom stair with handrails on both sides, and arms empty of firewood ;)

Barbara AHMOD-

Thank you for that stepping "tip". I just checked out the BB&B DVD I got and sure enough, they have a little session showing exactly that bringing the knee up and going slowly. I always need to remind my myself when I'm doing the SWSY exercises to slow down as well. That's where the magic happens!

Snow has melted, it's sunny and 36 right now. I swore I wasn't going to bother walking this morning but looks like I'll be changing my mind.

Have a great day, ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Shotzz: I have one of the real id driver’s licenses. It worked fine on my last air trip. I’m thinking about DD and her 3 children. It will be her challenge to solve when they come for a visit, not mine. :smiley:

Felicia: DH and I both got new driver’s licenses last summer. We needed three pieces of ID-our old license, a piece of mail and our passports. My new license worked just fine at the airport when I went to visit my daughter. I took my passport with me but nobody asked to see it. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: Enjoy your walk! :star:

I plan to visit the store this morning to buy TP and toilet bowl cleaner. We’re low on TP and need toilet bowl cleaner for each bathroom. We use “pellets” that slowly dissolve. The pellets really keep things cleaner longer.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Katla - inquiring minds want to know - what is the name of that pelletized toilet bowl cleaner? B) We have mineral stains here that drive me nuts. Thanks!

And thanks, nice walk. A little slush here n there but no slipping. B)

Lanette
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,420 Member
    Options
    Allie: Brava! On the adventures to come. You go girl!
    Flea: Heart-felt condolences. And many felicitations for the days ahead. I have disposed of several family estates in the last 10 years. It’s heart-breaking to see how little worth is attached to the hard-won treasures of our elders. I am giving mine away as I declutter. Anything not wanted by family goes to friends or charities. I enjoy my best china and crystal everyday.
    Michele: Adorable squirrel.

Birthday wishes to those celebrating.
    Miele Failte to our new friends.
    😍 to our bonnie babies!

Much love to all!

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,420 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Had to share this photo of grandson. The new haircut made his beautiful blue eyes visible.
    Carol in GA
    What a cutie!!! Future heart-breaker!!! 😂

Up to date, but that won’t last long I venture! 😂

Slowing discarding my festive pudge! Back under 150 and dropping. Not sure how low I can go, but it sure is ‘fun’ finding out.

I have started back with the HIIT and dynamic yoga to try to tighten up the aging musculature. SWSY so I’m banking on that 😂 😂 😂

☘️ Terri
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    We currently have about 8 inches of snow and still coming down. DD has missed 2 days of work this week. Choir director has already cancelled choir practice tomorrow as we are forecast to get a big storm tonight. And I moved from SD to get away from this stuff. The YM is closed today due to weather. I have been doing weights and walking in the house but not the same as water exercise. Have crockpot crack chicken going for this evening.

Rori - Happy Birthday!!!

Allie - Skip the cranberry juice and try cranberry extract capsules. No sugar or bitter taste. I do this on the recommendation of my doctor.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    Sue in Wa. Yup that's what I bought my friend
  • Katla49
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Lanette: The product I bought for the bathrooms is Clorox Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner. It works well for us. We’ve been using it for several years. We also use pumice sticks for hard to dislodge stains. The brand name we bought is Pumie Scouring Stick. Since we got rid of the mineral stains we rarely need more than the automatic toilet bowl cleaner but we have both products on hand. :star:

• Katla49
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Sue in WA: Color me crazy, but I envy your snow. I like snow that falls, stays a day or two and disappears. I am not a fan of knee deep slush. :noway: It has been a very long time since I've needed to deal with slush.:smiley:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did Patrick Godeau’s Hard Body Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michaels Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD.

Rebecca – great find! You can make a trip to NC…just sayin’, giving you ideas of what you can do with that money. $46 for an oil change? Did you maybe get synthetic oil?

Rori – happy birthday

For everyone in Texas: what is the oldest city in Texas?

Allie – I’m so sorry you didn’t get the job.

I was just vacuuming Jess’ room and suddenly the vacuum stopped. Seems that for some reason it blew a fuse. Vince checked, all the outlets are on one breaker and they’re GFI’s. Well, the electrician who they used when they built this house screwed up. When we had the inspection done on the house, the inspector said that we needed a GFI in the kitchen. The electrician swore there was one. Nope….so they had to install one.

I guess I’m getting critical now. I do wish that I had a steadier hand when I’m doing the black outlining on my ceramics. I can seem to do any other color, but black I have a hard time with. Oh well….

Vince isn’t going to go shooting tonight so I said to him “you’ll probably never hear this from me again, but would you go out to get something to eat? I planned that you would eat out after shooting so I don’t have anything made. If you bring back something from a fast food place, that’s OK, I won’t be tempted”. He just laughed. Right now I’m on the clear liquids, I need to drink 8oz an hour until midnight. The biggest problem I’m finding is that I need to set the alarm for when an hour is up. Then tomorrow after 6 I am to have 2 liters (I think this is about 64oz) of that “stuff” and then 6 hours before the procedure have the other 2 liters. I can’t have anything at all (I’m surprised that even includes water) for 2 hours before the procedure. Update: he said “it’s a toss up between Chick-Fil-A and Five Guys”. My response was “Five Guys sounds worse to me”. I bet he goes to Five Guys!

Michele NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: Where do you expect to find warmer weather in January? Are you thinking of Las Vegas? Arizona? New Mexico? I heard that we all have to have passports to go on any jet, anywhere. I hope I’m mistaken. :grumble:

Viv UK: I haven’t heard of a house call from any doctor other than a blood relative. :noway: My uncle was a doctor who made house calls to family members on rare occasions. In our town, paramedics from the fire department come in an emergency. They will provide first aid and/or a ride to the hospital if needed. The nearest hospital to us is about 30 miles away. :star:

Rori: Happy Birthday!!!!! :heart:

Pip: Your snowy yard is beautiful! :star: Your bruises look painful. Ouch! :flowerforyou:

Barbara: It is wet here, too. I don’t see a drought forecast in our near future. :noway:

Carol: Your grandson is a handsome boy. Thanks for the photo. :smiley:

DH is still lingering in bed as I visit with you and have morning coffee. I have a city meeting this evening. I studied my packet last night and will give it another look today.

I was googling warm places. Thailand is 89! Naples is 47' Maui, ( Ford Island) where the Navy Lodge is was 70's overcast. I'm just passing the time until this winter passes!👍👍😋😋
    💖Rebecca
    We have military id we don't need the special ids
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :) Today is our anniversary so we celebrated by going together to get our hair cut. We had planned to go to lunch at our favorite restaurant in town but found that it was closed for lunch. We went to our second favorite and found that it was closed because of the snow, so we went to the place with good pizza and got a pizza with a zillion veggies and brought it home and ate it while watching "Jeopardy". We have a perfect life together and the best anniversary celebration is just being together.

:) We both have passports so we didn't bother to get the enhanced drivers' license the last time we renewed. I am excited to possess a drivers' license that says I can legally drive until I'm 78 years old.

<3 Barbie in beautiful snowy NW WA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    JRs new hiding spot ppt66xmtzepa.jpeg

Nacogdoches is the oldest I’ve been told

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    ytacau5omzxl.jpeg