WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Rori- JRs dentist said you can’t floss a 2yr olds mouth so water is your best friend! Brush best you can allow chewing the toothbrush y lots of water all day long .If it works for him it will work for anyone! JRs teeth are super white y his toothbrush super chewed up with lots of water all day long. I even know someone who gives their grandp the 360* sipper cup - cup with a stopper lid so still a cup but less spills! Can’t lay it on its side it’s still a cup but works great for them for night use. Just get creative. My Daughter grandma when she was alive with dementia I gave her sports bottles full of water the temp she liked. She drank more because of it.

Amber Tx

Organizing my closet - bigger task than I thought regretting starting it but needs done.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :) "Atomic Habits" by James Clear and "Better Than Before" by Gretchen Rubin.....two exceptional books about forming habits.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2020
    Kathy in Oregon, welcome from an Oregonian displaced presently in Washington! I just can't think of my self as a Washingtonian! No offence to all the Washingtonians here! 💖

I grew up near Portland, ( actually Gresham) but married a sailor in 1983 so he took me all hell and gone! We are retired Navy and share a home with active duty son on Whidbey island. When son retires from Navy we might just move back to the coast by Astoria. I miss my sound of the ocean, its scent in the breeze. But it is nice to have access to a Navy base.

Awe don't be so hard on yourself. Life happens. The most important step you take is the first step. I mean, starting anything, is a mental mind shift toward the positive. 👍

We are a unique bunch, from every part of the globe. Many of us have been here since the beginning of time. Well for 7/8 years anyway.😂. The main rules are no political, no religion, oogles of grandbaby pics or pet pics, just keep us in your mental back pocket. Maybe "Rules" is too strong a word. Check in every so often. Whine and vent up the ying-yang. Does that pretty much cover it ladies?
    Welcome again.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka: My diaries were pretty boring, too. I’m not a writer, but I wished to be one someday when I was a kid. I’ve always loved reading. Heather is a writer at heart and a published author. I read a book of hers a few years ago. :star:

Kathy from Oregon: Welcome! I look forward to seeing your posts. What part of Oregon do you call home?

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

January 2020 Resolutions (On track for all 6 at the moment. Hope to keep it that way.)

1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on strength and stamina.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least 3 glasses of water a day.
    5. Monitor sleep. Average 7 or more hours nightly.
    6. Abstain from alcohol.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: My diaries were pretty boring, too. I’m not a writer, but I wished to be one someday when I was a kid. I’ve always loved reading. Heather is a writer at heart and a published author. I read a book of hers a few years ago. :star:

:)

I've been published too. :)

In cycling magazines: I've written several articles mainly about long distance cycling.

And in offices where Ive worked and produced manuals.

Although I would like to write fiction, it's not really my thing.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Machka - My diaries were more like journals. One year a white one and one year red. They had locks on them. :D>:)
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I think my mother thought I'd use mine like journals, but I never did. :grin:

M in Oz

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Trying to catch up not sure why I haven't been reading every day, need to get back in habit. Am 10 pages behind so will work backwards and hope I don't miss too much
    Welcome all newbies, great group of ladies from everywhere
    Been knitting lots of socks now fancy some sewing will shop for material tomorrow

Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    morning ladies~
    watching the local news and having my tea.. will do laundry today and try and see if I can pack again into a back pack lol, I am a little crazy about this.. was talking to my SIL last night and she is saying they might not open the cottage this year.. we shall see
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member