February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    @autumnblade75 What a great color!

@MegaMooseEsq Our next two races are the same! I'm hoping it won't be too cold on Saturday.

Travelling for work today so had the always-fun hotel treadmill experience.

2/1: 6m
    2/2: 4.25m
    2/3: 2.25m
    2/4: 3.25m

Oh hey, missed this earlier! I think I'd noticed a bit ago that you were doing those two as well - want to try and meet up for a MFP photoshoot before one of them? Are you doing the Hot Dash 5k or 10 mile? I really hope I wasn't being overly optimistic when I signed up for the 10 mile...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited February 2020
    @autumnblade75 What a great color!

@MegaMooseEsq Our next two races are the same! I'm hoping it won't be too cold on Saturday.

Travelling for work today so had the always-fun hotel treadmill experience.

2/1: 6m
    2/2: 4.25m
    2/3: 2.25m
    2/4: 3.25m

Oh hey, missed this earlier! I think I'd noticed a bit ago that you were doing those two as well - want to try and meet up for a MFP photoshoot before one of them? Are you doing the Hot Dash 5k or 10 mile? I really hope I wasn't being overly optimistic when I signed up for the 10 mile...

@MegaMooseEsq

Yes, I think it would be fun to meet up for a pre-race picture!

I'm doing the 10 mile. I've done it the past few years and it's a really enjoyable race.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 - I am pretty sure whatever you make "public" anyone can see which is why I don't do any of the challenges. I really don't want any of my runs or races shared with the public domain within Strava.

I thought so, too. But MFP club members said they didn't see my race that I made "public". I have everything else set to "followers only" (including the posts I'm complaining about).
    You can see where it has the privacy notice, right above a kudo from mystery dating-site bot-girl. balj98adofg9.jpg
    @hamsterwheel6 I guess it's not just me :(

Did you reach out to support at Strava and ask?

Yes, will update you all when I get an answer :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @polskagirl01 - I am pretty sure whatever you make "public" anyone can see which is why I don't do any of the challenges. I really don't want any of my runs or races shared with the public domain within Strava.

I thought so, too. But MFP club members said they didn't see my race that I made "public". I have everything else set to "followers only" (including the posts I'm complaining about).
    You can see where it has the privacy notice, right above a kudo from mystery dating-site bot-girl. balj98adofg9.jpg

I requested to follow one of them, with no Strava history... you have stalkers. I didn’t see that they were part of this group either. You can unfollow me or revoke my following and I can tell you what I see if ya want.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @noblsheep You and your country doing okay? Dh says there was a rise here and suddenly the updates stoped. Old news perhaps, or censorship. Hope everyone is well and stays that way.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I requested to follow one of them, with no Strava history... you have stalkers. I didn’t see that they were part of this group either. You can unfollow me or revoke my following and I can tell you what I see if ya want.

Now they have disappeared. It was funny though - I get notifications when anyone else gives kudos, but nothing for these.
    Apparently that chat box thingy on Strava that I wrote my question to was automated as well and gave me a bunch of articles that didn't answer my question either. One was close, but said I had to also set "Profile Page, Group Activity and Activities" to "Followers only", or else summaries of activities will be visible to others... except I already have my settings exactly that way. Working on a support ticket now.

Today and tomorrow are rest days, I'm trying to get caught up on work but am distracted.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Now they have disappeared. It was funny though - I get notifications when anyone else gives kudos, but nothing for these.
    Apparently that chat box thingy on Strava that I wrote my question to was automated as well and gave me a bunch of articles that didn't answer my question either. One was close, but said I had to also set "Profile Page, Group Activity and Activities" to "Followers only", or else summaries of activities will be visible to others... except I already have my settings exactly that way. Working on a support ticket now.

Today and tomorrow are rest days, I'm trying to get caught up on work but am distracted.

Yeah, the automated chat is worthless you need to reach out to the actual support people. Here are the directions:

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216917777-How-do-I-contact-Strava-Support-
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,508 Member
    Security is the reason I didn't go to Strava

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/28/fitness-tracking-app-gives-away-location-of-secret-us-army-bases
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7956935/SAS-troops-names-personal-details-exposed.html

I don't think anyone is really interested in my details but it seems data always has a value to someone.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @TheMrWobbly Smart man! I won't waste my time with it.