February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 Glad you found a car that you like. It looks really nice. Not sure why they would have a backup camera without a screen though. I love my back up camera. I can parallel park now. LOL

Some cars use the rearview mirror as a screen for it.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @autumnblade75 - Congratulations on the new car! It's super cute and I love the color.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo maybe the Brooks I wear are wider in that part of the foot. They're definitely more comfortable. Although at one point I had a different model of Asics that also seemed to fit better. They were in a higher price range than the current ones. I was also running downhill when it started, so the pressure had probably also shifted slightly to a different part of my foot.

@LoveyChar you are right that some of it is probably muscle, because I am almost fine with how I look in the mirror, but generally the weight came on when I cut back on running and started pigging out because "I'm in taper mode" and "I just ran a marathon" mode. I've got a weight range I like to stay in, and am almost back into it.

brooks are wider. asics are narrow. saucony are wider. altras are inbetween. i haven't found my merrels to be too narrow either.
    i know brooks and saucony are wider because my feet are borderline. and i got fitted for them and was told by the store people they were wider. i can't wear asics because they are too narrow. i was fitted for the altras too.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    alright, it just got real.
    i registered for my 50k. and the trainer said she'll get a plan together in the next 24 hours or so.

W00T! You got this!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My running goals for 2020 are to build up endurance and speed while staying healthy. Strength goal - lose body fat and gain some muscle and work on flexibility.

February goal : 60 miles
    Race: Cap 10K in April

Date/Distance:
    2/1 - Yoga/strength day
    2/2 – 7.1 miles
    2/3 – Slow Flow Yoga
    2/4 – 4.2 miles

Monthly total – 11.3 miles

Switched my run to today with warm weather because tomorrow we are going to drop and get some sort of odd, white stuff falling from the sky. Not a common thing down here in TX! I do not love the “dreadmill” but may have to do some miles on it the next few days.❄🙄
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yes, nag a way.
    no one here does. they think i'm crazy.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Congratulations on signing up for a 50k! Big, big deal! I'm looking forward to reading/seeing your experiences with training and race day! Please do divulge...

@autumnblade75 Loving the cute car and the green is gutsy and beautiful for a ride!