February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Woke up and wasn't expecting anything and not even sure why I looked outside so early this morning, but there was a dusting of snow on the ground, so pretty in the dark and also so pretty with the sun shining on it. Surprised it stuck this long.

High of 50 today! Going to get out, got out yesterday and ran 4.2. Felt good!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    It looks like an interesting race on Sunday now!
    3vv3z9xwxnes.jpg

exercise.png

definitely...interesting.
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @TheMrWobbly Smart man! I won't waste my time with it.

I like the tracking aspects, and realize that as a free app, I am the "product". My data, my attention to ads, etc are the things generating profit for them. Same with logging our food and exercise on MFP, same with other social media sites. That's why I only have a few followers. I know that despite my limits, I'm still sharing a LOT of info here as well, straight up on the internet with no privacy filters at all. And I get that the Strava military thing was mainly people not following the rules and/or not understanding the privacy settings, and that this could be an error on my part as well. But if it's on their end, I'd definitely prefer for them to not be leaving private details open to dating-site bots. We've gotta have *some* standards, after all ;)

'Tis true, all valid points and I agree!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    It's all off guys - no half this weekend :(
    c2w9pr8ksuy1.jpg

That's disappointing
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    It's all off guys - no half this weekend :(
    c2w9pr8ksuy1.jpg

I'm so sorry...will they reschedule it or do they refund?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly - I am sure it is disappointing but given the weather forecast you shared I am not surprised!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @TheMrWobbly Smart man! I won't waste my time with it.

I like the tracking aspects, and realize that as a free app, I am the "product". My data, my attention to ads, etc are the things generating profit for them. Same with logging our food and exercise on MFP, same with other social media sites. That's why I only have a few followers. I know that despite my limits, I'm still sharing a LOT of info here as well, straight up on the internet with no privacy filters at all. And I get that the Strava military thing was mainly people not following the rules and/or not understanding the privacy settings, and that this could be an error on my part as well. But if it's on their end, I'd definitely prefer for them to not be leaving private details open to dating-site bots. We've gotta have *some* standards, after all ;)

Exactly. Well said.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I haven't been running as much as usual because of achilles problems and my fitness has dropped. However, I still managed a sub-2 hour, and given the hills, that's pretty good.

Congrats!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    We headed off to the start when it was still dark in an effort to beat the heat, however, a cool change had come through the day prior so it was a very pleasant 14 degrees (34˚F) with low humidity when we started, and by the time we finished at 9am, the clouds had rolled in blocking direct sunlight and it was only 20 degrees (68˚F) (two days prior it was an overnight low of 24 (75˚F) and super humid).

Sounds like my weather (Phoenix, AZ) this week (minus the humidity, we rarely get that except during monsoon season).