February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    I like the sound of that full body scan more than the sore knee. I wonder if anyone does that near me?

@TheMrWobbly the one at my gym is a Fit3D body scanner. You can maybe see if there are any around you here

@polskagirl01 that is weird, but I wonder if they are bots. I think also if you are part of clubs through Strava people also in the club can see your recent activities through there, even if they aren't your followers. Maybe that's true if you join challenges as well?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Ran 12k, moderate pace. But I'm more concerned about the random girls in bras who gave me kudos on Strava to two different activities. They don't appear to log any activities other than promoting their dating site, and are listed as being far, far away from me in California. My activities clearly say "Only your followers can view this activity..." I reported their profiles but HOW THE KITTEN DID THEY EVEN SEE MY WORKOUTS? Ugggh.

They might have taken over accounts that you had as followers at one point.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @emmamcgarity I hope your kids get better and you don't catch it.

@Avidkeo Have fun at the Queen concert!

@polskagirl01 It's frustrating when technology isn't as secure as you expect it to be. I hope Strava gets it fixed.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,509 Member
    edited February 2020
    Thanks @katharmonic and it turns out there is one literally down the road from me and I walk past their building most days. I will have to wait until it is a little cheaper than the current £50.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Ran 12k, moderate pace. But I'm more concerned about the random girls in bras who gave me kudos on Strava to two different activities. They don't appear to log any activities other than promoting their dating site, and are listed as being far, far away from me in California. My activities clearly say "Only your followers can view this activity..." I reported their profiles but HOW THE KITTEN DID THEY EVEN SEE MY WORKOUTS? Ugggh.

They might have taken over accounts that you had as followers at one point.

They aren't followers though. When I click to see the kudos, my followers are at the top, and these people are below that under "other athletes", giving me the option to follow them. I only have about 13 followers, and no one is missing :/ Probably bots because they're so similar but still, shouldn't be seeing my followers-only workouts. I was under the impression that even MFP group members can't see my races that I change to "public".
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    @polskagirl01 - I am pretty sure whatever you make "public" anyone can see which is why I don't do any of the challenges. I really don't want any of my runs or races shared with the public domain within Strava.
  • shanaber
    @mbaker566 - Love their faces! Once in a while Hobbes will hide when I get ready to run and won't come when called so I figure he doesn't want to come with me. I get those sad eyes when I get back, too - like how dare you ran without me! He would also totally do the jump up for pets, steal your pizza trick!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @kgirlhart Super cute pictures! I seriously need to camp up there one day when it's snowing because that looks like so much fun! It's been too long...
  • shanaber
    In case anyone wants/needs and fuel/hydration from SKRATCH Labs, they are having a sale this week and everything is 20% off. Too bad I just bought a bunch at REI.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited February 2020
    shanaber wrote: »
    @polskagirl01 - I am pretty sure whatever you make "public" anyone can see which is why I don't do any of the challenges. I really don't want any of my runs or races shared with the public domain within Strava.

I thought so, too. But MFP club members said they didn't see my race that I made "public". I have everything else set to "followers only" (including the posts I'm complaining about).
    You can see where it has the privacy notice, right above a kudo from mystery dating-site bot-girl. balj98adofg9.jpg
    @hamsterwheel6 I guess it's not just me :(
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    shanaber wrote: »

I thought so, too. But MFP club members said they didn't see my race that I made "public". I have everything else set to "followers only" (including the posts I'm complaining about).
    You can see where it has the privacy notice, right above a kudo from mystery dating-site bot-girl. balj98adofg9.jpg
    @hamsterwheel6 I guess it's not just me :(

Did you reach out to support at Strava and ask?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    2-1 7k easy + yoga
    2-2 11k slow
    2-3 7k easy + resistance bands
    2-4 rest + yoga
    2-5 7k slow + resistance bands

February Total: 32k
    February Goal: 140k

January Total: 161k

Cloudy, high 20s F and a light east wind today. Footing was dicey - light snow on top of ice in a lot of places.
    I even say evidence in the snow where someone had slipped and fallen on one of the wooden footbridges.
    My hips don't lie - they don't like it when it's slippery.

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

Wooden footbridges are deadly slippery even when everything else is fairly solid - I'm glad there aren't many around me!