WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,199 Member
    Options
    Storm still blowing. :s Lots of rain lashing the windows too.
    I did 300 bonus calories on the rower after lunch. Tired now. :laugh:

New Endeavour tonight. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    My ex was my best friend in the early years. Then he turned nasty and that was the end of that.

I don't go to other people's houses much, I am more of a restaurant person. But when I do I often bring a bottle of wine or something.

We have Alexa in a Dot, which isn't listening all the time. You have to touch it to wake it up. It has a base that plugs in, but it only works on the wifi, not in the car.

Interesting about night driving glasses. I already have four pair of glasses, but if it would help me drive, it would be great. Thanks for the idea!

Annie in Delaware
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Did a Leslie Sansone DVD today at the clubhouse. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Next Level class – whatever that is. Guess we shall find out!

Katla – I don’t even have an iPhone!! Well, the reason is because vince doesn’t like apple products. So I have an android. The reason he doesn’t like apple products is because he likes to change things and have them do what he wants them to do and many times apple won’t let you change something.

Heather – many people don’t take something with them when invited to eat at someone else’s house and I honestly doubt my cousin is a bad cook. Bringing something is just me. Also, when people leave my house, I almost always give them something to take home with them (this way I have fewer leftovers to tempt me too). That’s just the way I was brought up. “Never go somewhere emptyhanded and never let someone leave emptyhanded”. I don’t really care for someone bringing flowers to my house. Really, there isn’t a place to put them where the cats won’t get at them. Unless, they’re out of the way and that defeats the purpose of them. Plus, I don’t want to put them on the table, usually there’s too much food and I need the room for food, not flowers. Also, I want people to see each other and not have to look around a flower arrangement. Depending circumstances depends on what I’ll bring. Like to go see her is over an hour’s drive. Plus, I don’t have all the things here so I’ll take a dessert which I know won’t go bad on the drive up there and that I can make. I just have this “thing” about taking a store bought thing. But, again, that’s me.

I never knew about driving night glasses, either! Thanks, Rori.

Karen VA – thanks for the suggestions of things to bring. I never thought of bringing a loaf of bread! Maybe I should get a bread machine. Unfortunately, I got rid of my old one, maybe I should get a new one.

Barbara – After FIL retired, he and MIL moved to FL. FIL passed away and MIL sold her house. Then she bought this condo in the same town. She got to where she wasn’t eating properly and was passing out but she didn’t want to leave FL. So she went into an assisted living place in this town. Only thing was that she really wanted us to be here for her. At the time we just couldn’t. Vince was working, the kids had school, etc. So we moved her up to PA (where we were living at the time). When she passed away, we inherited this condo (probably about 15 years ago). Many times (especially after getting the tax bill or the condo assoc. fees) Vince is tempted to sell it but I really don’t want to. To me, it’s just so relaxing. Plus, we can bring the cats. I do wish we could stay longer, but we do have things that need to be done at home. Yard work, cutting grass, then Vince is BIG TIME into decorating for the holidays. This seems to be a good time to come down. Next I just would like to come in the middle of Jan. Well, I got him from 3 weeks last year to about 5 this year.

Lisa AR – love how you refer to your daughters first hubby….lol

M – Vince feels the same way you do about an Alexa etc. Probably because he worked in IT for 23 year and has the same concerns as you about security etc.

KJ – plants die at my house, too. If someone gives me a plant, I usually try to think of who I can give it to. So much more humane for the plant….lol

Looks like we’ll be going to WalMart. Need to get things for the pot luck here at the condo this Fri. Need to defrost the shrimp which is why I’m buying it now.

Michele in sunny FL
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Machka- Your question has taken some thought......I have been asked before why we got married.....He still makes my heart flip and toes curl.
    In May, we will have been a couple for 26 yrs. In August, we will have been married for 11 years. I have questioned whether or not we would still be together if not for a series of events. What if he hadn't lost his eyesight when we had only been together for a year......What if his father hadn't died 3 years later.....What if we didn't work together? We married for security for both of us. Our lives are so entwined that the legalities not married would be awful if something happened to either of us. I love him with all my heart. I like him most of the time. Since we are together 24/7, I look forward to breaks with friends. He is much more attentive when we have those breaks as well. He was a verified bachelor until we met, with no plans to marry or have kids. He adores my girls and their families.

So no I didn't marry my best friend, but we enjoy each other's company most of the time. I love the life we lead. I like most of his friends. I wish we would travel more, but his lack of eye sight makes that really scary for him. Life is about concessions. I look forward to the times he is willing to go out of his comfort zone. I have learned to be understanding when he isn't able to do so.

Does this make some sense?

<3
    Kylia getting ready to play pool with Grandson
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    Iiiiii
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Snowflake)))
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - have you and your son seen the new show on called LEGO Masters? My Grandson and I are watching the first episode it’s pretty interesting.

We taped it and watched it! I have to be honest, all the contestants were so, so, weird! It just seemed so scripted. And the host is odd too. Son got half way thru and said, " ok I am going to my side (of the house), I can't handle this show. Lego building is such a personal thing, I think for him. Watching others build things all wrong was just like nails on a chalkboard.😋
    💖Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    heather - we are working on get back to a “proper” marriage and friendship. I think the biggest problem we’ve had is he had been depressed and didn’t know or acknowledge it. He seems to be getting back to himself now that he is taking care of his health. I do know he has my back 100% and loves me deeply.

Rebecca - I am not a Lego builder so was quite impressed with it. I understand your sons reaction though.