Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    m19014.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    Float away... There are times when its uuugh! All this water is too much, but its helping me so I gotta do it. My face complexion is clearer, and my nightly heartburn is nill.

💖Rebecca
    On OMAD and drinking 1/2 my body weight in
    Whidbey island💖

>>>

<3Rebecca You are doing such a great job. I think Keto OMAD would work well for me, too, and I am looking into it, so thank you! I do have some thoughts about water consumption.

The truth about water intake is complicated:

It could be that your body is telling you that you have achieved optimal hydration & you can now adjust your water intake accordingly. It is as important to avoid over-hydration as it is to achieve adequate hydration. Aversion (feeling revulsed by the thought of drinking water) is a regulatory mechanism that helps maintain homeostasis (balance, in this case sodium balance). [Some people always feel aversion to water drinking - I'm not talking about that here.]

Everyone's body handles dietary water differently. I think you should listen to your body now that you have hydrated to the point that you are actually feeling revulsion at the thought of drinking more.<3

t57018.gif

Karen in Virginia

I agree ... hyponatremia is a dangerous result of drinking too much water without electrolytes.

M in Oz
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Read through and caught up with posts last night and early this am. Was tired yesterday and I think the combination of different spices/ingredients from the soups I sampled didn't agree with digestive system the way they once did! Also, I ate some snickerdoodle and lemon bars-so more refined sugars than I am used to! However, one of the men at church loves baking cookies (he auctions off cookies for a month at the food pantry event, and someone paid $150.00 for those! He makes their choice each month). His snickerdoodle are my favorite. Another of the ladies makes the best lemon bars. I bought a couple of each and ate them all when I got home. That sugar fix is dealt with! The really good news is I heard we raised around $4000.00 for the food pantry this year.

Friends--have posted some about this. I do have some very good acquaintances at church an do talk to a couple of the ladies about things. Due to their lives (husbands, etc.) no real time to go do things. Husband preferred isolation, especially last few years so it was mainly just the two of us. Slowly rebuilding but realize I am at the stage of my life where I don't want to force things just to have relationships.

Potlucks/dinners etc.-haven't done a lot of going to people's houses last few years. Have potlucks for church activities several times a year. For lent we will be having carry-ins. We have joint Wednesday services with another congregation, alternating church each week. Since it is soon after work, I get easy things to take. I have found shrimp rings usually go over well-people like them but don't often bring them around here. I have a mandarin orange salad I make (with mixed greens, cranberries, pecans, get cheese) that people are expecting me to bring now. We don't bring much in the way of hostess gifts-helping with cleanup works very well!

Sorry to hear of the bad weather in UK. Glad it seems all made it through.

Should be another busy week this week. Needed to reschedule hair cut due to a meeting at work. Instead of end of day, I rescheduled it for 9 am Wednesday-will just take a couple of hours of vacation at the start of the day if needed. Since I am overtime exempt, I can work different hours.

Off to start the week. Didn't do anything for work this weekend except approve payroll. Despite feeling a bit under weather yesterday, got several smaller house things done (bills, laundry, cleanup).

Have a good start to the week,

Ginny in Ohio
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @auntiebk
    The greens in the soup is fresh spinach. I also added fresh dill. Everyone around me at work is sick and I'm trying to avoid it. Decided a vitamin loaded soup would be a proactive move. :)
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    @ginnytez Congratulations on the fund raising!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,849 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Home made sweet and spicy pecans might be my go-to. Paleo and keto friendly, gluten free.

I like this idea ... as long as the person was OK with tree nuts. :)

I have a mild tree nut allergy but do love pecans! And I don't react as badly to them as I do to cashews or even almonds.

It is actually really hard to know what to bring if someone were to invite us to dinner!

Do they drink alcohol? No? OK then, no wine or other alcohol.
    Yes? What kind? Some people are very particular about what they drink.
    Peanuts? No ... that's not a good choice unless you're sure the person doesn't have an allergy.
    Tree nuts? Maybe ... but again, good to check on allergies.
    Fruit? What if the person is restricting sugar and including fruit in that?
    Bread? Oops ... gluten.
    Anything remotely dairy? Lactose intolerance.
    Something sweet? What if they're diabetic?
    Tea? That's something else people are particular about.
    Coffee? Some people don't drink it.
    Something with meat? What if they're vegan?

I think I would go with the box of chocolate or something which they could easily re-gift or bring to work or something.

But send me those pecans! :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    Katla - *I* would give away the cookies, but I can assure you that Vince won’t….lol

Going to try the Next Level class. I do wish it was earlier tho. The plan for tomorrow is to take the Power Hour class.

Rebecca – I thought of another advantage to drinking all that water. You sure get your steps in going to the bathroom!!! Plus, (like me) you name the store – I can tell you where the bathroom is!!!

I think there must have been a launch last night because I swear as I was laying in bed I heard a rocket go off and get quieter and quieter

After exercise the plan is to go to Aldi for a few things then the lady who came yesterday has a crochet group which she is going to start up again so I’ll go. I was hoping to go to the movies tonight to see “It’s a Beautiful Day” (only $5) and I may ask her if she would like to go with me.

Barbara – I think (and this is just a thought) that one of the reasons Vince likes to decorate so much is that he remembers decorating with his mother, who did a lot of decorating. So many times he talks about how his mother had this and she had that and I can see a certain look on his face, almost like he wishes he could go back to that time.

The other night Vince wasn’t feeling well…his stomach was bothering him. Every time he had an upset stomach, Vince’s father would attribute it to “something he ate”. Like he would sneeze a lot, and that was an allergy to wheat (or so he said). Now Vince is the same way. Yesterday he was telling me that he wasn’t feeling well. I told him that he’d eaten everything he had the night before. He’s had the corn and shrimp gumbo. Now it’s “yea, but I didn’t have shrimp from that batch”. To me, this is getting a bit out of control. Everything is something he ate, not the fact that he eats only certain things <like only corn and carrots for veges>.

I swear, with all of those cookies Vince bought, I’m going to take more of the chocolate chip cookies I made up to my cousin. I do have the ingredients to make more cookies if I need to, but somehow I don’t think I will

Michele in FL where it’s getting warmer
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,337 Member
    Options
    I've noticed at GS cookies don't upset Vince's stomach.......

Michele who is off to exercise
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Home made sweet and spicy pecans might be my go-to. Paleo and keto friendly, gluten free.

I like this idea ... as long as the person was OK with tree nuts. :)

I have a mild tree nut allergy but do love pecans! And I don't react as badly to them as I do to cashews or even almonds.

It is actually really hard to know what to bring if someone were to invite us to dinner!

Do they drink alcohol? No? OK then, no wine or other alcohol.
    Yes? What kind? Some people are very particular about what they drink.
    Peanuts? No ... that's not a good choice unless you're sure the person doesn't have an allergy.
    Tree nuts? Maybe ... but again, good to check on allergies.
    Fruit? What if the person is restricting sugar and including fruit in that?
    Bread? Oops ... gluten.
    Anything remotely dairy? Lactose intolerance.
    Something sweet? What if they're diabetic?
    Tea? That's something else people are particular about.
    Coffee? Some people don't drink it.
    Something with meat? What if they're vegan?

I think I would go with the box of chocolate or something which they could easily re-gift or bring to work or something.

But send me those pecans! :grin:

Machka in Oz

>>>

Food for thought ( :D:D:D ) if you don't know your host or hostess well enough to bring something they will enjoy.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    It's Monday ladies! Valentine's Day coming up this Friday! <3

Cathy from Arlington TX - great to see you back on here, what fun to have a gentleman friend to attend dances with. I remember a while back you showed a photo of a keto birthday cake for your mom. :D

Teri and Heather and Viv - that storm is something else! I also read this morning that a spot in California set a new record - 209 mph for high winds. I still get an unsettling feeling when high winds hit here in the Pacific Northwest, having been through some major storms with trees down over roads, no electricity for days, roofs blown off, etc. Hope no major damage for your homes.

Loved seeing the photos of all the kids! Kelly's charges, Olivia, Athena, JR, Bea -- too many to mention. <3

Drinking water - I used to beat myself up when I was on WW and simply couldn't chug all of the water they suggested in addition to coffee, tea, etc. which was 8 glasses as I recall. Endless running to the restroom, lol. I think they have since changed their tune and include other beverages in the overall total.

OK ladies, make it a great week!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    NYKAREN Yummo! I am going to try that pickled red onion recipe. Delish!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,534 Member
    Options
    }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}