WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,807 Member
    edited February 2020
    Machka9 wrote: »
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Wow, you get things done during your time off. Do you ever take a me day?

I know you addressed this to Kylia, but I thought it was an interesting question.

My answer is "No" ... at least, not for a long, long time, years. And I doubt I will take a "me" day until late October at the earliest.

But one of my hopes is that when I'm finished this degree, I might be able to do that!! :) At this point, I'm not even sure what it would include.

What would you do with a day in which you could do anything you wanted?

Let's say a full 24-hours, from the time you went to bed (i.e. midnight) until the time you went to bed the next night.

M in Oz

OK ...

Midnight - crawl into bed with book and read for 30-60 minutes or whenever I started dozing off.
    12:30 to 1 am - fall asleep.
    Noon - wake up.
    Brunch and putter around for a bit.
    1 pm or so - walk down to the beach to run, sit on the beach and read, splash in the water, etc.
    3 pm or so - lunch then drive out to a nice spot in the country for a bicycle ride.
    4 pm or so - cycle 50 km or so
    7 pm or so - out for dinner
    Later in the evening - watch a movie while working on my website or processing photos.
    And end the day reading some more. :)

A variation on that would involve a much longer bicycle ride starting about 1 pm followed by a hot shower or bath then dinner etc. :)

Another variation on that would include a long hike out in the wilderness, up a mountain or wherever. :)

Three days, each including one of those variations, would be even better!!! :grin:

Machka in Oz
    Welcome Debra!

My perfect day would be to repeat a day from a past vacation at a beach resort. It was fabulous with a gorgeous private white sand beach, incredible food, yoga, kayaking, etc. They made single source chocolate from their own trees. But the best part was my boyfriend; we were falling in love, which made everything magical. I remember floating in the ocean holding hands. We lasted over two years and remain friends. I have plenty of time on my hands nowadays, but a perfect day would include a partner like him. Plus maybe a yarn project lol!

Annie in Delaware

I like this ^^ :)

The "ME" Day I described would be something I'd do from home ...

A really good "ME" Day would be a vacation day and thinking through past trips a couple places stand out ... cycling in the Canadian Rockies and being on the west coast of France. I could easily take my first variation and change the setting to the west coast of France. :):):)

BTW - Dreaming of a "ME" Day doesn't mean I'm not generally content or can't take "ME" Moments ... it's just a nice dream of what I'd do if I did actually have an entire day where I could do what I wanted. :) Just one day with no doctor's appointments, no long bus rides into work, no group work at the university, no emails asking me to do something, no running errands ...

Machka in Oz

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Machka- My Mom was a mouth breather due to a car accident but she struggled before that too but only somewhat . I have drainage issues like my Dad. Be talking out of no where drains chokes you.Embarassingly coughing at a restaurant issues. He also gave me my GERDS. Dad y me have that stuffy seasonal noses 👃 so I breath through one nostril then mouth as needed with it. I cannot do the breath only through your nose without oxygen masks.

Amber Tx
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Hubs was off today for President's Day so we took advantage of the long weekend and got a few things done around the house. I got our taxes finished, now I just have to wait to be sure there aren't any unexpected (or forgotten) documents that arrive from brokerage accounts since they don't have to be mailed until tomorrow (I downloaded them from the websites yesterday). I also have to wait for the last of the tax forms to be finalized so I can finalize the return. It was beautiful here the last two afternoons (reaching 80 both days) so we went for a drive both afternoons to take advantage of it before we get a cold front moving in tomorrow with highs around 50 and rainy.

My work is slowing down a lot. I am down to one day a week (starting this week) with job 1. Job 2 may go from a few hours a week to a day a week. We'll see. I'm OK either way. I like having something to keep my mind active and to provide me spending money for my frivolous purchases :wink: .

Have a great week ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,499 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    we have a Zwift free trial, just did another one here at home, that crap is hard!!

I signed up with Zwift in May 2018 because it was something I could do at home after I got home from the hospital. It's good!

After almost 2 years ... I've joined a race and have done an FTP test. Now I'm hoping to do more races through the winter.

A friend of mine has a smart trainer which adjusts the resistance etc. on the hills. I rode it for a while once and that was a workout!!

M in Oz

this is the free trial. we'll c

I did the FTP test and it said 18.1mi 169aw for that 20min,
    Kirby did it and he did 197aw, this guy never ceases to impress
  • pipcd34
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    https://www.kfvs12.com/2020/02/14/alabama-bill-would-force-men-get-vasectomies/

https://www.wsfa.com/2019/09/26/alabama-rep-rolanda-hollis-arrested-florida-domestic-violence-charge/

So why are they letting a Woman who beats on men multiple times (domestic violence a lot on her record) decide that a 20 something young man has to get a vasectomy cause his wife had triplets?

I think they have lost it haven’t seen helpful bills in a long long while .Like a bunch of kids writing ✍️ up nonsense from free donut Thursday to Anyone named Janet can’t wear pink cause that’s my color bills! They need to start thinking up useful things only.

If they pass this in my state I’m moving no ones touching my husband! Or JR!

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    Pppppp
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,807 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    A goal for time, is to have more time for me; to garden, to read, to self direct. This concept has been mulling around in my mind for a few days. One of the things that this held up in front of my face is that 4 days a week I spilt shift ½ the day gardening and ½ the day embroidering – that is not the most efficient use of my time, each of the 4 days there is a 1 hour round trip commute, and the change from one to another always takes longer than I think it will. At least for the next month or so, I am going to try to work two 5 hour shifts at the camp garden and then the one 3 hour shift at my private client, so I’ll only spilt shift on 3 days. I am also going to pick one of the home all day days as a no client appointment day. So it can be just work no interruptions. Today just happened to be one of those days and oh my did I get a lot done! Embroidery on 8 towels, one horse blanket, 2 polo shirts, 3 christmas stockings, and working on a jacket that is heavy embroidery – If I could produce at that level even one day a week, it would change my world. Freeing up time for marketing the business or gardening at my home, more Levi time what ever!
    Kim from N. California

Well done!

This is one of the reasons I don't like having classes at the university. It's so disruptive. There is no easy way to get to the university, so my travel time for any classes ends up being 1.5 hours. Next Wednesday, I'll be travelling 1.5 hours in order to attend a 1 hour class and then I do it all again on Thursday because they wanted a 2-hour lecture but somehow couldn't get 2 hours together on the same day. <<sigh>>

The only good thing about that is that I'll walk 1.5 hours each of those 2 days because it takes 1.5 hours whether I take the bus or walk, so I choose to walk.

But this is also why the system where a person spends 10 or 15 minutes doing something and then moves on to the next item doesn't work for me. It works for some people, but I take time to settle into a job. In 10 or 15 minutes I've only just got settled in and then it takes another 10 or 15 minutes to settle into the next thing and I don't get anything done. I need bigger blocks of time to do stuff.

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Karen- Indeed she is. I adore her almost with a pain in my heart I love her so much. As you may remember I lost my second child at full term, a placental abruption that I only just survived. Baby Kate. She would be 42 this year in May. When I was told that my second grandchild was going to be a girl the tears came to my eyes. She is very socially acute and will likely end up in a people job. We are concerned about what kind of teenager she is going to become! :o Not an easy ride for the parents we think. :D
    My favourite bit was when she said, "You have got first prize for your dragon because you were very worried about drawing it and didn't have any confidence and said you couldn't, but you kept going and tried your best so you did very well. You took a lot of trouble over the details."
    The second favourite bit was the burping competition. >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

>>>

Yes I do remember quite well about your Baby Kate! But I did not know or remember about your reaction when you found that Edie would be a girl! It makes so much sense to me that you would have reacted that way! When my almost 11-year-old granddaughter was born on my sister's birthday, my daughter-in-law said "she looks so much like you, Grammy" and my heart nearly burst thinking about my lost baby Joy who also looked like me, and my dear fragile sister, and now this new little girl who, like your Edie, is a pistol. We had a marvelous day today savoring her birthday lunch at Osaka, playing with the dogs, shopping, sipping Starbucks, and talking about girl stuff. I am tired, but my heart is full.

We did not have a burping contest nor did we have a drawing contest. I am going back to look at the first prize dragon.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    SuziQ - Oh, I love beetroot, but it is the one vegetable DH doesn't like. He hates it. I think he was force fed pickled beetroot as a child. ;) I eat it less often than I would like, but do smuggle it in occasionally. :smiley:

Edie has just left. I'm knackered!!!!! What a force field! I adore her, but it's full on.
    First we did Art Competition and I won two first prizes. She was the judge. She told me "You tried very hard with the details".
    Then we did Charades - for ages!
    Then we played 5 Second Rule. What energy!
    Atta gurl!!!!
    Looking forward to a relaxing evening. Oouuff!!!

eayydfi3wj17.jpg

The drawing competition and the very strict judge.

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

>>>

Heather Is your prize-winning dragon the brown beast or the blue-ish one at the top of this photo?
  • KetoneKaren
    p.s. I like Johnny's giraffe.