WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth your course of action with hearing aids sounds smart—good luck with this next step <3

Mary you look so fit and healthy, sorry the grands gave you both colds :s

Ginny love your backsplash and am impressed with your DYI skills. I have a similar pattern, but with glass tile :)

I don’t have a clear pic of my perfect day just that it will include the outdoors and the people I love. For this week off I chose to keep the itinerary pretty open, a MD appointment, 2 social lunches with old and new colleagues and a smattering of cleaning, decluttering, cooking and treadmill + stretching time. And yes, I am staying in my pjs for as long as I like!!

Here’s an IRS question; DD received some internship $ ($3,500) and was told it was not taxable-yet she got a 1099, our accountant says that means it’s taxable :( thoughts??

NYKAREN
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good morning and welcome Jane in England!
    I don't know what happened to your positive approach post. It showed up in my notifications, but not here......

I love it! I get frustrated with people saying you can't have this or that. I will put this to use!
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options

😊
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Yes it is showing! Looking good!

More meals to make today hubby y me both hitting the diet trays of food so needing more for today only 2 meal ones y 4 snack one left. Hubby doesn’t seem to like the snack ones this time tho. I’m out of strawberries 🍓 so no choice.First meals maybe 1-2snacks for hubby see if he approves lol. I’m not sure what I want to make yet the salads in it are hard if theirs meat too had to remove salad put on the lid as I heated it up. Learning curse still.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    Kelly, :) I'll let you know when "The Happiness Project" is on the way to you. It's one of the few books I own because I like to refer back to things I've read. I hope you enjoy it.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Kylia - you're a beautiful lady in both pictures, but your face definitely changed with the weight loss. Well done!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I have been reflecting on the questions about perfect day and what I'm longing for and realized that as a retired healthy person I have a lot of options that are not available to others so it is more likely that I will have the days I want. However, I remember that when I was working, there was a period of months when on my way to work, I drove past a woman walking her Golden Retriever and felt a sort of longing to be able to do that. Years later when I retired and moved up here, we had a Golden Retriever and lived in a perfect neighborhood for me to walk the dog. Since then the dog family has changed but I have walked one or two dogs nearly every morning and for as long as I wanted to, I am living my dream.

:)During my years teaching in public school I loved the work I did. One year I had an exceptionally difficult class and came home in despair every day. I told anyone who would listen,how challenging the class was and by bedtime I was emotionally exhausted. One day I realized that by talking about my challenging day, I was just living it over and filling my resting hours with the stress. I decided at that moment to say nothing about my job to anyone and to reflect only on my behaviour and not on the behaviour of others. If I liked how I had acted that day, I put a sticker on my calendar. Not surprisingly, my evenings and weekends improved, my stress lessened, and I survived the year in good health. When I concentrate on the problem, the problem increases...when I concentrate on the solution, the solution increases.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
    Love this... I felt this way too in that when I go over a problem it sometimes makes the problem worse. I love the idea of focusing on my behavior is it helping or not helping.

I will ask a student are your actions helping or not helping! I am here to help you make the good choices today.

:heart: Margaret
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Pissed off 😤 tried to order cups off nuby company site it showed I’m blocked. So had different relatives try same for them. So sounds like their sites having problems. So called the company to place the orders but no one answered at all. Left a message to call us back. Not sure what’s going on with them. Could a part be made in China so their at a stand still? Or is it just a site issue needing fixed? Can’t know since no ones answering. We buy them for workers y us makes a nice gift since many have little ones too. Lol hubby the old guy in the group even he has a toddler.

Amber Tx

Type in Nuby.com you’ll get the blocked messages too today
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Jane from England: Welcome! :star:

Kylia: You look wonderful!!! :star:

Barbie: This is brilliant! “When I concentrate on the problem, the problem increases...when I concentrate on the solution, the solution increases.”

Today is DH’s yoga day and I plan to go with him. DH takes chair yoga and the teacher is excellent. It has been a while since he went and I hope he’s willing to go today.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Great job!!!! B)

Jane England, I lost over 4 stone, so it can be done. It took me 18 months, so it wasn't quick, but it was sure.

Singing was different to the norm because our wonderful leader has gone on holiday. We had a substitute, who did a valiant job, but didn't have the star quality. I had a few sweet nibbles at the celebration tea, but didn't go over the top and have foregone my normal snack. o:) We still enjoyed ourselves hugely.

Allie - HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! <3:D<3:DB) We want pics and updates.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx