emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly I hope you feel
    better soon!
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    halllar wrote: »
    Brand new here and looking for accountability and friendship to get me back on track. I will try for 40 in March. I have a long history of running but due to "Life" my last few years have been almost nothing. I am hoping to change that this year.
    Thank you

Welcome!
    . Hi and welcome! I need some good friends and accountability too! May I friend you? My post is above yours. I’m new here too. ~ Bernadette
    Sure! If you track on Strava you might also want to join the Strava group. I find it inspiring to watch everyone getting their training runs in.

• SassyBelle070707
    SassyBelle070707 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    halllar wrote: »
    Brand new here and looking for accountability and friendship to get me back on track. I will try for 40 in March. I have a long history of running but due to "Life" my last few years have been almost nothing. I am hoping to change that this year.
    Thank you

Welcome!
    . Hi and welcome! I need some good friends and accountability too! May I friend you? My post is above yours. I’m new here too. ~ Bernadette
    Sure! If you track on Strava you might also want to join the Strava group. I find it inspiring to watch everyone getting their training runs in.

Thank you! I will have to check it out.
  • SassyBelle070707
    Options

exercise.png
    . Just checking different ways to track. 😊
  • SassyBelle070707
    Options
    @Tramboman Amazing goal setting! I did run the year 2019. Hit 800 for the year. It was fun.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. What a fantastic group! I am running my first half marathon in 20 days. 3 years ago I started a weight loss journey at 250. I am now 175. I use to be a long distance runner 30 years ago. Picked it up again as part of my workouts. In January I decided I needed a tougher goal to work towards. I signed up for the pride run 13.1 in PHX. Been training ever since. I keep a slow pace but love it. I did 10 miles yesterday at 16:40 a mile. Today is rest day. I will shoot for at least 25 miles a week. I would love any race day tips! I have run 6 mile races, but never a 13.1. I am super nervous but also excited to complete this.... Have a wonderful day all!

Welcome!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Recovery flip flops or barefoot? As you might guess, the running store strongly recommends recovery flip flops or slides over flat sandals (in spring and summer i wear flip flops and sandals).

On the other hand, I’ve read that it’s much more beneficial to the runner to be barefoot as much as possible...

Yay or nay?

Okay, this is a new one for me. "Recovery flip flops"? I do not understand this concept. I just wear my regular footwear, or when home, just socks.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,958 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Fingers crossed for an injury free March. My dad had to have a stent in his heart for 3 Novembers in a row. When November's are over, we breath a sigh of relief. I'm sure you will do the same for March.