March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Wow, good for you! What progress! Boston, you're on your way!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    It's only the 2nd and already there are more posts here than I can keep up with!
    My goal for the month is a very conservative 100km but mostly to finish my HM on the 22nd, which I'm (as usual) feeling overwhelmingly unprepared for although I am no less prepared than for my other 2. Silly brain.

Just focus on the bananas at the finish line! :D
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @janejellyroll I did not but my dad was telling me about it. He was impressed by the 43 year-old American (not native born, however, which really does not matter but pretty great that he'll represent America) man to qualify for the Olympics for the first time and the 25 year-old female to qualify. I was reading about her this morning how she really didn't realize what she was doing, how fast she was in comparison to others or that she was even that great and how she works two jobs, part time, and runs before and after work. She qualified for the Olympic trials at the Half Marathon in San Antonio in December.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar Yes, that was Abdi Abdirahman - as a 40-year-old, it was awesome to see him run such a great race!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    So, I guess something is working...

For the past couple of months, I have been running the hilly harder route at home for my coach's training plan. Mostly because of the showers at the gym at work are typically crowded.

Well today I have a stupid 9 am to 5 pm meeting. Normally I work 6 am to 2 or 3 pm, and run after work. So with this stupid...err... highly valuable meeting meaning I would be working when I should be running, I decided to run before work. That meant running a route I have not run in several months, and

wqead55kidxo.png

Seems I have gotten a little faster after all :)

Keep it up!!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @mandabeth34 What an absolutely adorable running companion!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Way to go!! Play more video games! It's helping :D
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    @quilteryoyo
    Welcome @MzCongeniality70 ![/quote]

Thank you!!
  • MzCongeniality70