WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Terrible news about Tennessee. Tornados are part of our life in this part of the country. Kylia is right-the Dayton tornados were very costly last year, but luckily not nearly the amount of deaths as Tennessee. Rita-prayers for the young man and other first responders-that is extremely traumatic work. Glad you were able to enjoy your birthday.

Work not so hateful today-got lots of little things done-get to me in an out of town meeting for most of tomorrow through early afternoon.

Started new work out with trainer tonight. She is incorporating new things to continue work on balance, core strength and arms. I like her approach and can see how it all builds together.

Done for the day--off to bed.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.47min, 132mhr, 10.7amph, 1.57mi= 60c
    apple watch- 63c
    ELIPTICAL- 25min, 3incl, 1resist, 126ahr, 143mhr, 2.14mi= 205c
    apple watch- 213c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, misty- 5.45min, 130mhr, 15.4amph, 1.47mi= 37c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, misty- 15.43min, 148mhr, 11.5amph, 3.01mi= 145c
    apple watch- 117c
    Jog sta 2 wrk, misty- 5.30min, 10.09min mi, 150mhr, .54mi= 70c
    apple watch- 63c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.38min, 10.26min mi, 151mhr,.44mi= 56c
    apple watch- 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.52min, 7.4amph, 2.58mi= 180c estimate
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 756
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,860 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Machka

To clarify my previous comments: while it is nearly certain that COVID-19 does have a zoonotic (animal) cause, it is not yet proven. In the minds of millions of people around the world, COVID-19 originated in Chinese human beings in Wuhan. Regardless of what may be eventually discovered about an animal source, that perception is unlikely to change. Because the 2009 pandemic was actually called Swine Flu, the perception was that it came from pigs, even though the strains that caused the pandemic contained contributions from birds & humans as well. Pigs are like laboratory vessels for reassortment of flu viruses with contributions from humans, birds, pigs, and possibly other zoonotic sources. Fortunately, pandemic-potential strains are infrequently formed.

It's interesting the different information in different places.

From the first announcement of it down here, the information has been that it came from an animal and the speculation was initially that it happened in a wet market.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    My DH took me out to Red Lobster for my BDay. And found me some Cannolis for my BDay!

RV Rita

Happy Birthday!

• Machka9
    Options
    Attended my first workshop of one of my current courses. I will have to attend one 2-hour workshop in person each week for about the next 10 weeks.

There were about 40-ish students ... mostly Chinese, some from India, and me.

It was actually somewhat interesting and sparked a bit of interest in going on to a research PhD when I'm finished this course. But I can't get too interested in that!! PhD's cost a lot of money!! Nevertheless, I think I'll have a small research project next semester.

I walked part of the way to the university and all the way to work after for a grand total of 5.9 km and I will have another km or so of walking to another meeting this afternoon.

And of course, I'm climbing stairs. :)

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Beth - so glad your son is OK. I was thinking of you and him.

Michele who is starting to clean the condo in preparation of leaving
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Rita!
    Beth, glad your son is safe.
    Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Barbie: I am so sorry that the corona virus has made it necessary to close recreational facilities until further notice. As far as I know, the gym where I take yoga is still open. I’ll find out for sure tomorrow. :ohwell:

I did some grocery shopping today and there was no fuss at the store. People seem to be going about their regular lives thus far.

Just this minute my eye glass frame broke. I am not sure whether I can get it fixed. I have an old pair, but the prescription isn’t quite right and I’m better off without them. I'll be calling my eye doctor's office tomorrow to see if I can get them fixed.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    I thought of your son straightaway Beth. So glad he is ok. <3 What a devastating thing for the area. So sorry.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka

Yep.

For example,

In January 2020 an article preview by Zhu N, Zhang D, Wang W, Li X, Yang B, Song J, et al entitled A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin was published unedited by Nature Magazine (UK) Feb 3 2020.

When the New England Journal of Medicine (USA) published the final paper Feb 20 2020, the title had been changed to A Novel Coronavirus from Patients with Pneumonia in China, 2019., leaving out the bat reference in the title.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla Do you have a big anniversary coming up?
  • Machka9
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Machka

Yep.

For example,

In January 2020 an article preview by Zhu N, Zhang D, Wang W, Li X, Yang B, Song J, et al entitled A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin was published unedited by Nature Magazine (UK) Feb 3 2020.

When the New England Journal of Medicine (USA) published the final paper Feb 20 2020, the title had been changed to A Novel Coronavirus from Patients with Pneumonia in China, 2019., leaving out the bat reference in the title.

Karen in Virginia

Very interesting!!

We got the bat version quite early on ... wet markets, bats and pangolins have all been blamed.

Another thing I find interesting is this ...

https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus

"Coronaviruses are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Detailed investigations found that SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS-CoV from dromedary camels to humans. Several known coronaviruses are circulating in animals that have not yet infected humans."

It means that in coming years more coronaviruses could make the leap from animals to humans and more viruses could sweep round the world. Possibly ... we just don't know.

All the more reason to practice good hygiene, to eat a healthy diet and to stay fit.
    Also to have our affairs in order ... and a few extra things in stock just in case. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    To all who are new here.

7nu99r5x2kfe.png

Join in the conversation when you like and as much as you like. :)

Machka in Oz ... yes, that's Australia.

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Machka- Do we need to wrap you in bubble wrap? Ice helps the bruising. Glad you are home safely and comfortable.

Thankful today for my family, my friends, my home, and my health. I am thankful for the ability to make changes to better my relationships with all of those!

Have a blessed and thankful day today.

Kylia in Ohio