WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dr Katie: I am so sorry for all the damage and heartbreak for people in Nashville. My heart goes out to them. :broken_heart:

Barbie: I called the athletic club this morning and they are open. Yoga is set for 10 am. I plan to be there. :Keeping my fingers crossed. :star:

Karen: Indeed, we have a notable anniversary coming up in March. It is the BIG 50. We’re planning to save our celebration for the summer and have our kids & grandchildren join us then for a combination Anniversary/birthday celebration. We were married in a State Park at the Oregon coast and want to go there with the family. The weather is more likely to be good in the summer than in March. DS, DD, and I were all born in July. DDIL and my daughter’s older boy were born in August. The two youngest grandsons were born in October and January. :heart:

Machka: I’m happy that your dizziness is settling. Ginger tea is brilliant. It was one of the earliest seasick remedies and still works better than many over the counter & prescription pills.

I watched election results yesterday evening and before the night was over my eye glasses came apart. There is an optical office here in town and I’m hoping they will be able to fix them. My eye doctor is located in Portland and that is where I bought these glasses. We’d prefer not to drive into Portland to get this fixed. I hope it won’t turn out to be necessary.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    yoeiwbclato8.png

Thank you, Machka. I need this prayer today. And, backatcha.

Sorry for the friends and family impacted by the Tennessee tornados. Meanwhile, we are having signs of spring here. Temps will hit the 50's and 60's all week. Time to smile with my lips, eyes and heart, and get a positive start to this glorious day.

Stay well, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Well have Homer over today for a few hours.. Alfie and Homer enjoy each others company..has turned a bit Windy today .. but warmer..looks like we will get through this winter Unscathed by any huge snow storm
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options
    <3 pg 10 read
  • Katla49
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Re glasses: I went to the local eye doctor and they can't help with my glasses. I'll have to take them back in to where I bought them. I do have a back-up pair that I'd forgotten about so I am a legal driver. I'm planning to go about my business today and see how things go. My drivers license says I need glasses, so I'll wear these. Maybe I'll have the broken pair replaced and maybe not. o:)

Katla who will be a driving legally.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Pat - we love our birds. We had so many when we lived in the countryside and weren't expecting to have many in our garden when we moved to Hove, but we are kept amused every breakfast time by their antics. We have blue tits, great tits, goldfinches, wrens, starlings, magpies, rooks, blackbirds, robins, seagulls, loads of pigeons both wood and normal, turtle doves, and millions of sparrows. I'm sure I've forgotten some! We know a lot of them individually as we do the grey squirrels and the occasional fox. We sit facing the french windows and enjoy the show. :D The sparrows make a great noise right next to our kitchen window.

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Machka: great info on Corona. I have a similar blurb on my profile, so I only accept FR from people if the include some kind of message. I occasionally accept requests from males who are in some of the Challenges I belong to. If there's anything untoward I delete immediately. I also purge about twice a year.

Up to page 8.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    I have been scanning - not enough time to reply. But will soon.

Just a quick laugh for everyone. My favorite Easter candy is malted eggs. I have been trying to justify why I should partake and remembered malt is a very nutritious product. It has a ton of benefits from supporting gut health and being a sugar alternative. It is also known to boost moods.

https://www.babyboomers.com/article/malt-makes-a-comeback-packing-powerful-nutritional-benefits/5d6ed21ae4b085365c210903

I do not think the article supports me wanting to overindulge in my favorite Easter candy though. :blush:

kdnoo768o5qj.png

Hugs to all.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    SuziQ ~ I like malted eggs too! :) When I was little I loved the candy coated nuts that came in the Whitman's candy box.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    qownwsblukaz.jpeg
    Malted eggs are my favorite remember looking forward to a box of Malta when Dad came home from work during Easter.

Gave up watching our towns announcement the camera guy couldn’t get it to work so no sound then no sound again then no picture etc. So guess will read anything important in the news tomorrow.

Ate a higher calorie meal
    Cheese nachos (air fryer)
    Homemade Guacamole Salad 🥗
    Apple juice y crystal light tea ☕️
    Bushes Baked Beans 150cal per serving.

Dinner the chicken 🐓 I decided to cook not sure with what got Parmesan seasoning 5-10calories only to add to it’s skinless baked goodness. Not sure what veggies or extras yet. Could even add Ghughes 10calories BBQ sauce or 5cal fajita seasoning or leave it plain. Still deciding

Amber Tx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Heather: Postponing the cruise is a wise move. 💖 your singing group descriptions.

Rita: Hope you had a great birthday.

Off out to my crochet group.

Up to page 9.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: We also enjoy our bird population. Our Annas Hummingbirds live here year around. We also have geese, ducks, herons & osprey on a seasonal basis. They add to our pleasure. :star: Postponing your cruise is a good idea with all the international health worries. Air travel seems very dicey to me. I’m not fond of recirculated air. :noway: Your cruise ship would likely have excellent air quality in cabins and suites, but that doesn’t mean that surfaces on walls and banisters or dining areas would be germ free. :noway:

I went to yoga this morning and spent some time on a recumbent bike before going downstairs to yoga. I felt happier and more energetic after my exercises.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the dancing. Had to walk there in the rain, but it had stopped when we came out. I made sure to wash my hands in the toilets immediately we finished, before I picked up my water bottle. I made DH do the same.
    We did "Bust out, Swing out, Donut, Swing Walk" :D DH managed well. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Chose to cook 👩‍🍳
    Baked chicken 🍗
    Corn 🌽 or green beans per container
    20 cal garlic 🧄 Teriyaki sauce http://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Garlic-Teriyaki-Marinade-12-fl-oz/792747316
    Jasmine rice 🍚 (made fried rice my Aunt taught me the way her country does it y bought me a Wok as a young girl for my hope chest that wok still looks great after tons of use ...back when stuff was made to last!)
    Egg 🥚 whites
    Broccoli 🥦 Normandy in a bag
    Soy sauce packet
    Garlic powder

Made 9

Made 1 with my left over can of beans a piece of chicken.

Amber Tx