Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,839 Member
    Options
    B)>:)
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Pat ~ Lovely job of weaving. What part of N GA are you in? My husband and I graduated from the U. of NGC in Dahlonega. Also, Dr. Katie is from north Georgia but I think it is more over in the eastern part.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Good to see the baby better today. Shots are so horrible for them but worth it.My family has lost limbs from tetanus to hundreds of babies from German Measles. That’s something my Baby Doctor has written down if he gets German Measles even if vaccinated he will be hospitalized to be safe she said (family history tale take signs are important if a person can get them but many cannot).

Learned the CDC was going to release the 100’s from the cruise ship 🛳 at the same mall that had the Coronovirus lady. Luckily our mayor stopped that nonsense,but some live here so released went straight to our community,others drove so stopping for gas ⛽️ to food 🍟,rest hands held tossed on the plane ✈️ like they would wonder off like a toddler (sure they appreciated that ).

JR licked 👅 ALL our paper plates we bought for emergency 🚨 just in case. Lol so contaminated check ✅ ready for more germs 🦠 to add to them. Showed him away he went right back heard him counting until he got to the plate he missed! Boys/Men are a different breed for sure.

Looking for recipes I bought mayo can use it instead of yougurt in his pancakes 🥞 it lasts longer. Not opening them until needed. Trying to find handy recipes for him. I accidentally put tiny but of Guacamole in his quesadilla wasn’t thinking so it got rejected. Got 2 cans of protein powder can use water in it if were out of almond milk 🥛 . JRs bores keeps asking for McDonald’s. Sorry kid but nope 👎. He wants his Birthday 🎁 now ! Well too bad so sad scheduling it for after his Bday Saturday 14th my Dads coming out will play it by ear 👂. Stay at home eat what I make to a restaurant takeout or sit down will see where the warnings are for the city to other stuff 3 adults will decide (Dad studied basic medical in college so good when his minds working still to have his opinions).

Good news April is coming maybe this will all subside awhile fingers crossed 🤞 with you guys.

Looking at other exercise equipment for later on haven’t decided yet will see. I’m still researching.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Cruise 🚢 updates :sweat_smile:
    https://apple.news/AzNqTN-xCRsKteUc0als0LA

They stuck 2,500 new people on the infected one after everyone was removed recently. Now their getting sick 🤒 😷 too. So guess money 💵 was on their minds not safety at all .

Amber Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Pat - LOVE your weaving. You are a true professional. Do you sell your work?

Katla - The advice over here is that masks are pretty much useless. Vit C is a waste of time unless you don't eat any fruit or veg at all. As are most vitamins.

Personally, and it is just my opinion, I think we will nearly all get what is a flu unless we isolate ourselves completely. I had real flu in 1968 and 1977 and it was horrible, but it passed. The cough I had last year was just as bad. I am not afraid of it. What I am afraid of is hype and overreaction. Many, many people die in this country every year from flu and other respiratory diseases. I do not intend to isolate myself, so it's business as usual and if I catch it, I catch it. C'est la vie. Older people with health or breathing problems should self isolate far as possible and take precautions.
    With the cruise I feel like it's a game of chicken. Who will crack first? I hope it's them and I get a complete refund.

Still raining.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    After almost scratching all the skin from my feet, legs, and thighs I went to the cosmetologist yesterday. She believes I have Nummular Eczema. My body look awful just covered with these dark scabs! She ended up doing a biopsy resulting in a couple of stitches. They should have the test back early next week. In the meantime she prescribed a huge jar of petroleum jelly based corticosteriod. :s

Katla: Love the rice crackers for breading the chicken. I intend to try this soon.

Pat in Georgia: I love watching birds too. We get quite a few different types here during the migration seasons but I do have some Cardinals that grace my front steps every afternoon. We also have an owl nesting near the house that hoots during the night and occasionally flies down the street in the evening.. Our best visitor is a red tailed hawk. It always amazes me how quiet all the birds get when the hawk is out and about. We had two huge trees cut down this winter. I hope I will still get to see my beautiful guests.

Heather: I am sad for your postponed cruise. I hope you get a refund too.

Beth: That produce box looks great. I think I might give it a try too.

KJ (Kelly): I’m doing low carbs right up until the black jelly beans appear on the shelves!

Tere in RVA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    You can get 10lbs of Jelly Belly Licorice Jelly Beans on Amazon for $60. Just sayin'...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Walmart jelly bean licorice http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jelly-Belly-Licorice-Jelly-Beans-3-5-Oz/170241804

Also found pancake 🥞 y syrup Jelly beans ??? Who knew that was a thing lol 😂 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Jelly-Belly-Pancakes-And-Maple-Syrup-Jelly-Bean-3-1-Oz/158112248

Heather- I agree I’m not afraid of the virus 🦠 I’m more afraid of crazy pandemic rip a baby 👶 out of my arms put him in isolation away from me. Or Hubby goes for groceries someone takes his temp He gets carted off with us at home 🏡 wondering where he went type nonsense. I do worry for my older Father since he a severe asthmatic doesn’t do well with swine flu (he got once) to regular flus y colds. If no one would lock 🔐 you on a cruise ship 🛳 for a month or more just cause 1 person gets it I’d say go ahead y go. It’s the huge reaction from them licking folks away is scary. The folks from the hotel that lady went to y other places have been isolated 21 of them. How many were single parents? Or the main caregiver of their youngest? They still haven’t located everyone from the mall yet. Hubby said go take JR to Chuckie cheese a minute ago then realized oops what he said. I said I’m tired 😴 JR said I tired 😴 lol luckily Hubby was off the hook lol. He forgot Mayor saying stay home right now. JR licked the windows so my next step is to wash windows. Have no clue why he in a licking phase... Dad said I did that as a kid so probably in his
    🧬 genes 🧬 . He been watching cats out the window probably the source of the sudden licking thrill.

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Took the Power Hour class. No plans to exercise tomorrow since I’ll be driving home

Heather – so sorry about the airline.

Katla and Heather – the news here in FL is the same – the masks are useless unless you have the virus. They’re asking people not to buy them unless they absolutely need them because then the people who really need them (hosp. workers, etc) can’t get them.

Went to the Y and we had to have the class in another room. There were no fans at all. Actually, I found that I had to use lower weights. We had to bring all the equipment in that room. They had the Zumba class in the aerobics room. Usually it’s in the gym but the gym is closed for a few days. Why they just couldn’t cancel Zumba for one time is beyond me. But who am I???

Barbara – I wish I could run the towels thru a spin cycle, but the washing machine down here doesn’t have that option. Good luck to Joe

After exercise went to Publix to take my recyclable bags. They are the only ones who have a bin where you can recycle your egg cartons. Then went to buy gas, then get money at the bank. Home and in the pool only my headphones lost the charge so I came upstairs, put them on to charge while I washed the floor, then went back into the pool. Or I should say lay out in the sun. Just put a lot of things in the car. Of course, there are some things that can’t go in now, like the refrigerated items.

They have a meeting today to talk about smoking on the condo property. I’m very much against smoking, wouldn’t bother me one bit if they said no smoking on the property. But I know that’s unrealistic. But they’re talking about being able to smoke along the seawall and 20’ from the building. Now that I have a problem with. If the wind if blowing, the smoke could blow into the condo of the person on the first floor. Is that fair to him? Do they mean that technically someone can stand outside the pool and smoke so the smoke goes into the pool area? What do they do with their cigarette butts if they’re smoking by the seawall. Throw them in the river? This should be an interesting meeting.

Michele getting ready to leave FL <boo hoo>
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Jsygman
    Jsygman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord I found the weirdest sandwich out there watched a review it’s my whole day’s calories without a drink or fries! USA 🇺🇸 Donut 🍩 Chicken fried Sandwich our newest low on unhealthy inventions! There’s no way someone can eat this without gaining 10lbs in my opinion looks terrible to me y messy . I’d be sick for weeks if I ate it.
    https://youtu.be/COfu1l8fkWA

Amber Tx

WOW! Great video. You ate it! Young Metabolism. I could not do that sandwich in this stage of my life. lol
  • Maggiemay1022
    Maggiemay1022 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord I found the weirdest sandwich out there watched a review it’s my whole day’s calories without a drink or fries! USA 🇺🇸 Donut 🍩 Chicken fried Sandwich our newest low on unhealthy inventions! There’s no way someone can eat this without gaining 10lbs in my opinion looks terrible to me y messy . I’d be sick for weeks if I ate it.
    https://youtu.be/COfu1l8fkWA

Amber Tx

I know!!!! It looks NASTY & sooooo bad for you!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: So far, our local stores are well stocked with food and staples. The exceptions are hand sanitizers and face masks. I could not find any face masks and only two tiny bottles of hand sanitizer yesterday. :star:

I have a city meeting scheduled for next week. I wonder whether it will be cancelled. We shall see as time goes along. So far there is no information from the city. I plan to go to yoga tomorrow unless I find out that it is cancelled. This is a one day at a time situation.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Any one who has an elderly relative must be worried. <3 Or someone with a compromised immune system.

My pigs cheeks in cider were heavenly. :D Cabbage with it. I did them in the IP.

I managed to get to the rower and bike this afternoon so I'm within calories.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Don’t worry I didn’t eat that sandwich! Saw it while out with the baby been trying to figure out what it is. Found out yuck 🤢 lol. I thought it was a weird sweet bread 🥯 or bagel from the road lol 😂.

Been on the cell with Daughter off y on checking in no one told her the bases lockdown for Active Shooter was over. A threat that luckily wasn’t carried out so probably a letter or call only or someone heard a car backfire. https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/san-diego-news/security-threat-sends-naval-base-san-diego-into-lockdown?_amp=true

Michele- Be careful driving . I’d be more concerned they’ll throw the cigarette 🚬 butts around the pool means it gets in the water gross (I lived at an Apartments as a kid was what happened).

Katla- true 1 day at a time for us all. They said hand sanitizer doesn’t even work against this use soap 🧼 wash good only.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    yx3lwy6o7brk.png
    Everyone with babies are afraid to go out here.Now Chuckie cheese is offering extreme sales their desperate for customers.
    Amber Tx

Says buy $5 worth of tokens get a FREE lrg 1 topping pizza 🍕