WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beth: Your produce contains so many of my favorites. No wonder you are enjoying it! :smiley:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Lanette ... I enjoyed the link to gut biomes and fasting. Thank you.

I just broke a 44 hour extended fast with Miso Soup (thought of Rebecca while making it). I have never made miso soup before ... could not have even told you where the tofu was in the grocery store. And nori? What the heck! Anyways, I am now fully educated and can report that a ladle full of soup has filled my stomach. May even need a nap.

It is snowing here today. So ready for spring and envious of your bird feeding stories. Birds are far and few between at the moment.

Beth near Buffalo

Beth - glad you enjoyed the info! I thought of you and wondered how you were doing... 44 hour fast - congrats!

That produce box is spectacular. Great that you get to pick the produce. I'm not going to do the box thing again but am looking forward to the neighborhood organic farmer setting up her cart on Saturday mornings. I think she starts in May. We are all chomping at the bit.

Hopefully your snow will be gone by then!

I'm finding it's easier and easier to extend my fast... now I'm at 18 hours and really not very hungry at that. Part of the key for me is making sure I have high protein/high fat before closing my window to make sure I'm not hungry at night, and I think I've found some foods that satisfy. My latest is a bowl of high protein cereal drowned in a cup of whole milk.

I'm still logging on MFP to make sure I am getting enough protein and fiber. That info on the gut biomes has me planning to add plenty of resistant starch into my diet. Cold pizza counts, right? Well, maybe....

Lanette
    Sunny SW WA State B)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    My Daughter states under Stare if Emergency by their Mayor https://apple.news/A_WhbKs2IStGlwuMjP14H_A
    They have been told no one is to leave the base at all.So their stuck on ship 🚢 or base. So no Walmart for groceries for her anymore.

Hopefully this will be over in April to give everyone time to prepare before Fall hits again with flus to colds this comes back.

Amber Tx

Kept food down today met my goal 🥅. So happy. JR attacked food today maybe he getting ready for a growth spurt.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did 32 minutes of HIIT (just wanted to see if I could go beyond 30 minutes). The plan for tomorrow is to take the Power Hour class

M – please take care of yourself. We don’t need you falling down

Went out to dinner at this place we haven’t been to in years and years. Last time I was there all they had was pasta and everything deep fried. At least now they have some things broiled . Still a lot of deep fried things, but at least they have some broiled. The gal misheard me, I wanted tomatoes and she thought I said potatoes, but I got a baked potato. Tried a little of this butter flavored spread they had, not very good. I also tried a tiny bit of the sour cream, didn’t like it. Came home and did one load of laundry of a blanket and some towels.

Cleaned the mirrors, counters, glass on the tables, vacuumed. Tomorrow I’ll wash the floors (boo). But I do want to lay in the sun tomorrow one last time. Besides, it's supposed to be in the 90's

After exercise stopped at one store, got some plums, apples and nectarines. Also, needed a roll of quarters for the wash. Washing a blanket and some towels right now. Evidently, I put too much in the washing machine so they came out really soaked. Not sure how long they’ll take in the dryer

Missing my Instant Pot. If ever someone is selling even a small one because they’re getting a larger one, I’ll scoop it up for down here. Also going to look for an inexpensive food processor for down here. To use it once/year I certainly don’t need something real good

Michele in FL but not for long
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,540 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy!- 7.46min, 134mhr, 12.1amph, 1.56mi= 62c
    apple watch- 68c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 10.13min mi, lvl8-9, 11h, 107c, 40l, 132mhr, 2.96mi= 179c
    apple watch- 206c
    arm ski machine- 10min, 47aw, 122mhr, 105ahr, 15511meters or .96mi= 58c
    apple watch- 65c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, windy!- 5.29min, 129mhr, 16.1amph, 1.47mi= 39c
    apple watch- 49c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, windy- 16.29min, 139mhr, 11amph, 3.01mi= 134c
    apple watch- 109c
    Jog sta 2 wrk- 5.39min, 10.13min mi, 146mhr, .55mi= 59c
    apple watch- 59c
    Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.20min, 9.32min mi, 153mhr, .45mi= 55c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.17min, 8.4amph, 152mhr, 2.56mi= 175c
    apple watch- 150c

total cal 761
  • pipcd34
    Options
    auntiebk I got your donation in the mail!! thank you so much!!!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbie NW WA- Definitely anyone be who can get a vacation is lucky 🍀. I worked for decades didn’t even get to use my incured vacation time until I was in my mid 30’s. When I finally managed to get a small vacation I usually just did a Stay-cation or town over for a little something.

Amber Tx

Night everyone long day but only 1 item in the mail before JRs birthday 🎁 to go. Hubby decided will celebrate a week after his Birthday so hopefully stuff will die down or will know what we should do. Probably stay home y celebrate with my Dad or if it’s safer go to a empty restaurant at an odd hour. Hubby thinking 10:30am go eat . Will see
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    51.2 mm of rain where we live.
    31.6 mm of rain in Hobart.
    🌧🌧🌧

Machka in Oz
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Lanette ... I enjoyed the link to gut biomes and fasting. Thank you.

I just broke a 44 hour extended fast with Miso Soup (thought of Rebecca while making it). I have never made miso soup before ... could not have even told you where the tofu was in the grocery store. And nori? What the heck! Anyways, I am now fully educated and can report that a ladle full of soup has filled my stomach. May even need a nap.

It is snowing here today. So ready for spring and envious of your bird feeding stories. Birds are far and few between at the moment.

Beth near Buffalo

Yummo! I love udon soup too. I am not a fan of tofu, but I love to put a cut up baby bok choy bunch, and some nori, and a soft boiled egg in my soup!💖. Slurp on Beth!💖
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    51.2 mm of rain where we live.
    31.6 mm of rain in Hobart.
    🌧🌧🌧

Machka in Oz

And more !!

It's the best rain we've had in ages!

M in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - that’s funny! I never wore contacts I couldn’t handle putting things in my eye. I bet that would cause a lot of blurred vision!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3