WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Loganair, a Scottish airline, has come in to cover a lot of the routes previously flown by Flybe from the 16th March. So my difficult friend has rebooked her flights for May to Glasgow. Phew! She doesn't think she will be able to claim back any money on her defunct tickets, unless her debit card honours it. I'm glad the whole airport and the local economy will have some respite. Even though I don't live there anymore I still feel an affection for the place. It was my little local gateway to adventure! <3 Does anyone remember when I flew off to La Rochelle when DH was spending too much time at the cricket? :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    HeatherUK- I have to ask .....what are pig cheeks?
  • kymarai
    Options
    I dont think I have ever cooked real fish- not fish sticks....husband whining as I got out cookbook to figure out how to cook. So right now I have lightly breaded cod piece and salmon in the oven. Worse comes to worse I will microwave him a chicken patty to go with his sweet potato and green beans. Will let you know if betty crocker let's me down😉

Kylia in Ohio
  • kymarai
    Options
    So I googled pigs cheeks. I figured some exotic special name for something. Well to me it is still exotic. I didn't know people ate pigs cheeks. Dont know why that should surprise me...I know people who eat cow tongue....It looked good in the pictures.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kylia I found this article on pork cheeks amusing & interesting:

https://www.seriouseats.com/2012/01/the-nasty-bits-pork-cheeks.html
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka, Oww! Maybe a “please open gently” sign at eye level on that lav door? PJ’s, Miss Marple and ginger tea, just what the doctor ordered. Send some of that rain over here, puhleeze!

There is a sign!!
    But this particular work colleague does tend to burst into places ... some people just don't open doors slowly. And there are a few, I've noticed, who sit and wait and wait and wait until they are absolutely bursting to go to the toilet and then it's a mad dash. She's one of those too.

exermom wrote: »
    Katla and Heather – the news here in FL is the same – the masks are useless unless you have the virus. They’re asking people not to buy them unless they absolutely need them because then the people who really need them (hosp. workers, etc) can’t get them.

Dentists!

I'm glad I got to my dentist when I did because they're talking about having to reduce hours in some practices or only do really emergency work because people have panicked and bought up all the masks.

Here's what WHO says about masks:
    https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

xb52xlz6js73.png

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: I am sorry your cruise was postponed. I hope you get a refund. Ordinarily, I would agree with your comments about flu. I am not particularly worried for myself but my DH has an array of autoimmune diseases. I do NOT want to bring the flu home to him. :noway:

Tere in RVA: I hope your biopsies come back with good treatment options and nothing scary. :star:

Machka: The hand sanitizer I was able to find is alcohol based and will be as effective as anything provided we remember to use it. :flowerforyou:

I’m looking forward to yoga tomorrow. My fellow students are very nice people and we have good instructors. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a farm, we had cows tongue all the time. It is good
    kymarai wrote: »
    So I googled pigs cheeks. I figured some exotic special name for something. Well to me it is still exotic. I didn't know people ate pigs cheeks. Dont know why that should surprise me...I know people who eat cow tongue....It looked good in the pictures.

• Machka9
    edited March 2020
    Options
    This is the first place to look for information about COVID-19. They post daily Situation Reports and News Articles. They've also got a Mythbuster section.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

And regarding stocking up ... I simply placed a double order last week with my grocery store. It was delivered on Wednesday and is all tucked away in freezer and cupboards. I ordered stuff that will keep so that if we get sick and can't go out for 2-3 weeks while the flu runs its course, and then another 14 days after the symptoms have disappeared ... we're OK. :)

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    Options
    Success! Panko bread crumbs and butter. Oven baked cod for husband, salmon for me. Both were really good!

HeatherUK- sounds good actually...love that informational piece!

Hand washing lots! Lotion lots!

💗
    Kylia
  • Machka9
    Options
    Meanwhile ...

It's my Birthday Long Weekend!! Australia is kind enough to have a long weekend for my birthday ... only they call it "Labour Day". Perhaps it was for my mother. :grin:

My birthday isn't until the end of the long weekend, but that's OK ... no reason why I can't celebrate all weekend long.

And I've also taken today (Friday) off work so I get a 4-day long weekend. :):)

I figured out why I was feeling so horrible with the dizziness etc. last night. 1) I forgot to take one of my medications and that is a withdrawal effect and 2) I had a bit of an infection in my gums ... my dentist said I did/would and prescribed me antibiotics. I meant to fill the prescription earlier but had grabbed the wrong paper ... so finally, last night we went out and filled the prescription.

After taking my medication and getting a good night's sleep, I feel MUCH better.

Now ... I've got a cycling event to organise for this weekend, so I'd better get busy!

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    Options
    Pip- I have had squirrel, rabbit, frogs legs....I have even tried brains and eggs (once was enough). I like chicken livers fried. Not a fan of calves liver. I like calamari. I have to say I have never tried cow tongue. Y'all really are opening my eyes.
  • kymarai
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better- Machka! I love birthday weekends!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Made a cinnamon cake for hubby y us went for my brown sugar it’s hard as a brick 🧱 again! I like to add extra to the cinnamon store mix on top but couldn’t. What’s the trick? My Mom being special needs didn’t cook anything but 1 type of chocolate cake mix with chocolate frosting was all she knew.
    (If you got Autism to Down Syndrome kids /adults in the family like I used to the life classes are SO Important!! Sign them up for all cooking to cleaning classes especially y job readiness ones). I started using brown sugar for the first time after 35yrs old so no clue the trick to save it from hardening. Anyone know?

Crackers in a salt 🧂 shaker what goes in my brown sugar?

Amber Tx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Amber dry rice in a salt shaker, piece of white bread in the brown sugar..
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options

Coronavirus is in every country now every state in the USA,Canada,etc so its just waiting for the panic to subside so they don’t haul us off in hazmat suits like it’s zombie
    🧟‍♀️ 🧟‍♂️ virus 🦠

Amber Tx

Poor parents are having schools closed in Washington now their jobs (minimum wage or less $3.25-$7.25 an hour) are saying come or your fired ,but a babysitter is more than their paycheck ($10 an hour) it’s illegal to leave them home alone even with an older sibling unless their above the age of 15 or 16yrs old an adult . Single Parents it’s even harder hands are tied what do you do situations if theirs no one who can help.
    Hopefully this nonsense will end soon for the whole world 🌎 🌍 .
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.46min, 136mhr, 12.1amph, 1.56mi= 63c
    apple watch- 69c
    STAIRCLIMBER- 20min, 125ahr, 132mhr, lvl7, 85floors= 165c
    apple watch- 177c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.29min, 143mhr, 16.1amph, 1.47mi= 47c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.29min, 145mhr, 11amph, 3.01mi= 144c
    apple watch- 108c
    Jog sta 2 wrk- 5.39min, 10.13min mi, 150mhr, .55mi= 62c
    apple watch- 59c
    Jog wrk 2 sta-, windy- 4.25min, 9.57min mi, 151mhr, .44mi= 54c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, windy!!!- 21.04min, 7.4amph, 153mhr, 2.58mi= 192c
    Apple Watch- 144c

total cal 727
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Grandmallie- seen rice y crackers in salt 🧂 kept it fresh at restaurants for such a long time.
    White bread wonder if you can use wheat bread? I don’t have white bread never do.

Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - that’s funny! I never wore contacts I couldn’t handle putting things in my eye. I bet that would cause a lot of blurred vision!

I always thought that my sister using her mouth to clean her contacts was odd! I had eye surgery in 2007 for a pturigium. It was a glob that grew from tear duct on left eye to the color Iris part. The surgery sanded down the mass part, then cut a round circle from the back part of my eye and made a barrier with it so it wouldn't grow into the color part of my eye. Its still working. It is kind of like my alcohol indicator because if I drink something alcoholic that part get bright red.
    💖Rebecca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3