WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Machka- Do we need to wrap you in bubble wrap? Ice helps the bruising. Glad you are home safely and comfortable.

Thankful today for my family, my friends, my home, and my health. I am thankful for the ability to make changes to better my relationships with all of those!

Have a blessed and thankful day today.

Kylia in Ohio

I'm beginning to wonder! If it isn't miscellaneous insects or arachnids biting me ... it's uneven pavements and people swinging doors into me. :anguished:

Fortunately the dizziness seems to be settling a bit. I'm drinking ginger tea right now ... it's nice and settling. :)

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Up and having my tea.. watching local news
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather I'm coming to the next singing session. I can sing alto or even tenor. B)

Machka Ouch! Heal well!

Karen in Virginia
  • kymarai
    Options
    Rita- just saw Cookeville on the news. I agree with Barbara, I hope your daughter's boyfriend takes advantage of the help he will need. So sad!
  • kymarai
    Options
    So I don't log in my weight until it has held for three days. It fluctuates lots. I am doing a happy dance today to finally be back down to my October 2018 weight! 2019 was not a healthy year for me and my choices apparently weren't great. Cheers to 2020 and my continued journey with you lovely and strong women!
  • kymarai
    Options
    HeatherUK- Next is to add exercise as you are describing.
    All you ladies are inspirational!
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    Welcome to Wednesday, ladies. <3

Rita - Happy (belated) birthday. I've been looking at those Nashville photos. The magnitude of the clean-up and lives lost is just stunning, makes a person wonder if those neighborhoods will ever be "normal" again in our lifetime. I hope your DD's boyfriend will be able to attend any critical incident stress debriefing sessions. When we had large catastrophes in our county, even the 911 Dispatchers were invited. They weren't at the scene, but the feeling of helplessness as responders called in was simply overwhelming for even seasoned veterans.

Allie - good for you taking that step. Kudos to you for giving the doctor notice and working until the last day. It's often tempting to just walk out on an employer like him. I'm sure he appreciates not being left in the lurch. Wonder if he'll come back with another offer of a huge raise and benefits before your final day. B)

I saw a graphic this morning showing the coronavirus infections in China had peaked and now were falling off sharply. Didn't read the text and now cannot find it again... buried somewhere in Twitterland B) . So cannot verify it's even accurate. Will keep looking.

Need to get caught up around here, get the schnoodle to the groomer for a haircut by 8.

Have a good day. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    sure Lanette he is going to do that lol, Aimee called out today and of course Mary wanted me to come in, but have to many things to do today to help her out..
    the Dr is taking us all out to dinner tonight to say goodbye to both of us..we shall see how that goes..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,908 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Barbie: I am so sorry that the corona virus has made it necessary to close recreational facilities until further notice. As far as I know, the gym where I take yoga is still open. I’ll find out for sure tomorrow. :ohwell:

:) This is the clubhouse in my neighborhood just for residents. I am not so disturbed about missing the class as I am by the fact that I routinely stop there during my long walks with Sasha so I can use the restroom. I am not the only one in my neighborhood that does that. I am going to have to plan my walks differently. The clubhouse is used routinely by groups for ping pong, card games, crafts, open mike night, discussion groups. A lot of people are going to be disappointed and sad about not being able to get together with their friends.

:'( My walking friend has gone to California for a week to visit her sister so the dogs and I are on our own. I'll listen to an audio book but the dogs will miss her cheery voice and companionship.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    Options
    I signed up for a docu-series "Fasting for Freedom" - one of the presenters today, Deborahlise Mota, is talking about our gut micro-biome and gives more in-depth info on how certain microbes can help determine if we gain or lose weight. She talks about pre-biotics, resistant starches, seasonal eating, and how IF can help us build good bacteria in the gut.

I love knowing more about the science of how our bodies work.

If you are interested in this info, here's a link to today's talk. Hope you can access it: https://fastwithfacts.kartra.com/page/DeborahliseMota

Looks like it's available today and tomorrow only.

Lanette
    SW WA State

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    M sounds like you are taking it easy until this passes. I hope this passes soon.

The times I become more accident prone is when I am under stress. I pull back when this happens to me and try to stay more mindful and not hurry. If I feel myself getting sick I also pull back and try to pace myself.

:heart: Margaret
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Well Dad went to his towns grocery store 🏬 (They get their deliveries 🚚 from my city) the shelves were empty all over HEB he said. He wanted a few items there was nothing so he y my uncle (they go together to help shop)
    Called my Aunt bought different items whatever they could find. Surrounding areas are hitting there stores 🏬 scared to come here. Such a tiny town so they don’t have lots in some back room at all. Maybe 6 pallets to put on an empty shelf from weeks ago only. Too small of a town to have tons of stuff they usually struggle to sell the little they got. Here been full of people many stocking up others still vacationing or going about their lives. He’s considering getting groceries here in my city when celebrating JRs birthday 🎁. They also get their gasoline ⛽️ from our town.

Leftovers again today trying to clean the fridge out before making more food. Chicken 🐓 or pasta 🍝 not sure 🤔 can go any direction for myself y hubby. His Doctor went from no meat to eat egg 🥚 y chicken 🐓 such confusing people.

Sore calf’s so light exercise. I had trouble meeting my calorie goal yesterday was way under. Got to stop worrying.Hearing Dad struggling to get food made me worry about getting anything JR needs. Hubby assured me he’ll eat we got food he’ll get over being picky if he’s hungry. Then hubby brought home more bread y Cheetos for JR. My stomach condition can’t handle stress so going to try to unwind today best I can. Eat higher calorie items to reach my goal. I need to stay in my 1100-1300 calorie deficit.Only got down 875cal yesterday I can’t have a 2nd day like that I dehydrate too easy y have trouble absorbing water y vitamins from my foods.

Amber Tx

Watching our city live conference on it now for Hubby
    https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/03/04/watch-live-what-you-should-know-about-the-coronavirus/
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    crazy wind out there this morning, i almost got blown over.

my heart goes out to anyone in tennessee or by there....
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Ginny: Yay!!! To the lottery win.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    Up to page 5. Gotta walk and then I'll be back.