Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Just read Rosie the Riveter passed away at 95. :(
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    B) Rain/snow today. Spring back tomorrow.
    Barbara I was a serious no to fish up until I worked at a restaurant that served grilled swordfish and shark. I found I like meaty fish. Salmon I am still learning to like. I am getting better at trying others. I did wake up swollen this morning. It wasnt salt intake. Not sure if reaction to salmon or even sweet potato. Will have to try each separately in the future.
    Okay ladies, 10 minutes good activity today. Last night my husband asked me where I was going in such a hurry (I was jogging in place) I told him I didnt know but would let him know when I got there!🤣🤣

Fitbit site still down.😞

No plans as of wake up this morning.

Virus- I work with the public. I like eating out. Lots of hand washing, lots of warm water, eating well. That is the best i can do. I am not going to panic. I reckon i wont be flying anywhere, but didnt have that in the plans😉

Have a great day!
    💕
    Kylia in Ohio where winter is trying to remind us that it isn't spring yet
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: Happy Birthday!!!! :bigsmile: Your flu situation sounds very challenging. I hope you are able to get through it without too much difficulty, and without getting sick. :flowerforyou:

Rori: It sounds like there are good days and not so good days. I hope things will get better as time goes along. :heart:

Mary: It is great seeing you post again! :bigsmile:

My doctor wants me to have a colonoscopy. I do not want to be anywhere near a hospital until after this corona virus problem is no longer a huge threat. I plan to talk it over with her via email. I already sent a message but am uncertain whether she's received it yet. Tomorrow I'll look into the status of my message.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

>>>

KatlaWhy does your doctor want you to have a colonoscopy? I recall that you had a negative Cologuard test not that long ago, and that you have no risk factors. While I am a big proponent of colonoscopy screening, the prep is rough and disrupts the gut microbiome. If you have had a negative Cologuard, have no family history, and have no other compelling reasons, reconsider.

And this is for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=3Kc9xzuWP5Q&feature=emb_logo

>>>

Machka Happy Birthday!

Karen in Virginia

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Lots to be grateful for, from the simplest sign of spring, (my tulip bulbs are shooting up ever so slightly) to the "smileyest" kiddo in my class. I'm breathing it in and hitting reset on my mindfulness goal.

NYKAREN
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    KJ. deep-sigh-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    On page 10

To borrow a phrase, Later, Lovelies

☘️
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    SuziQ - This cruise was because we wanted to get a last one in on the old ship, Saga Sapphire, before it goes into retirement. The Douro cruise in October is for his birthday.

I'm a nail biter and not very germ conscious, so, in general, my immune system is strong. I've always got my germy fingers in my mouth. :o My body has seen most things before. However, this virus is entirely new, so no one has any immunity and the body has to start from scratch. But I'm more worried about enforced restrictions ruining my cruise.
    There's still time to see how it goes.

My yoga friend has cancelled her visit to South Korea because of the virus and her son can't get a flight because of the airline failure. He had a connecting flight booked. So she is going to come and see me just before the cruise. If it happens. ;) I'm really excited to see her. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Friday at last.

I so much appreciate all of the information you ladies share here. On everything! <3

I'm having deep thoughts this morning about our gut microbes :D :
    As I've been reading more about how the microbes in our gut (our second brain?) likely determine so much of our overall health, and some of us here who are healthy live with folks who have compromised immune systems - Kelly and moi - I am wondering if we transfer some of our resistance to diseases like colds and the flu to our fellas just by sharing an environment with them?

Likewise, folks with less diverse gut microbiomes sharing a lot of space with other unhealthy folks (nursing homes) don't contribute to the increased immunity among the group? I wonder if nursing homes serve kraut and kimchee and yogurt and other fermented products?

Again, just a thought. Gonna research this more. In the meantime, I intend to hang around with as many healthy people as I can, just in case. DH owes me, lol. B)

Speaking of guts, I appreciate Karen in VA's comments to Katla about the Cologuard and colonscopies. And Katla, I share your concern about hospitals. Not only the coronavirus, but MRSA and all kind of other nasty bugs.

OK, enough about that stuff.

Pip - so happy for you retirement is less than 2 years away!! 453 days but who's counting, lol.

Kelly and Heather - yep, there's something about the longer days and springtime that give us some spring in our step. I'm overwhelmed at the flower bed work that needs to be done here, but giving them 15 minutes at a time should make a dent in it.

Tere - I've been meaning to pop in and say welcome back. Just thrilled for you with your new job!! I remember when you were between jobs and thinking of opening a gift shop? Was that you?

Barbara AHMOD - glad Joe's eye surgery is over and done with. Always glad to have that stuff behind us.

SuziQ - hearing about that conversion at work brings back memories, lol. When you do retire, I wonder if you'll miss that? Just the thrill of getting it all working, like birthing a baby.

So many more I want to comment on but I'm afraid this laptop will burp. So better close for now.

Keep feeding those gut microbes, ladies. Cold pizza and beer (or Kombacha for the AF folks) lol. B)

Lanette
    Chilly and rainy SW WA State

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday 🎂 Machka!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! Friday at last.

I so much appreciate all of the information you ladies share here. On everything! <3

I'm having deep thoughts this morning about our gut microbes :D :
    As I've been reading more about how the microbes in our gut (our second brain?) likely determine so much of our overall health, and some of us here who are healthy live with folks who have compromised immune systems - Kelly and moi - I am wondering if we transfer some of our resistance to diseases like colds and the flu to our fellas just by sharing an environment with them?

Likewise, folks with less diverse gut microbiomes sharing a lot of space with other unhealthy folks (nursing homes) don't contribute to the increased immunity among the group? I wonder if nursing homes serve kraut and kimchee and yogurt and other fermented products?

Again, just a thought. Gonna research this more. In the meantime, I intend to hang around with as many healthy people as I can, just in case. DH owes me, lol. B)

Speaking of guts, I appreciate Karen in VA's comments to Katla about the Cologuard and colonscopies. And Katla, I share your concern about hospitals. Not only the coronavirus, but MRSA and all kind of other nasty bugs.

OK, enough about that stuff.

Pip - so happy for you retirement is less than 2 years away!! 453 days but who's counting, lol.

Kelly and Heather - yep, there's something about the longer days and springtime that give us some spring in our step. I'm overwhelmed at the flower bed work that needs to be done here, but giving them 15 minutes at a time should make a dent in it.

Tere - I've been meaning to pop in and say welcome back. Just thrilled for you with your new job!! I remember when you were between jobs and thinking of opening a gift shop? Was that you?

Barbara AHMOD - glad Joe's eye surgery is over and done with. Always glad to have that stuff behind us.

SuziQ - hearing about that conversion at work brings back memories, lol. When you do retire, I wonder if you'll miss that? Just the thrill of getting it all working, like birthing a baby.

So many more I want to comment on but I'm afraid this laptop will burp. So better close for now.

Keep feeding those gut microbes, ladies. Cold pizza and beer (or Kombacha for the AF folks) lol. B)

Lanette
    Chilly and rainy SW WA State

Me, I’m counting!!! Can’t wait
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, My doctor asked if I wanted a colonoscopy because I was due and I told her no because there is no history of colon cancer in my family and my last colonoscopy came out clean. She ordered the Cologuard test for me and if that shows anything, then I'll agree to a colonoscopy.

:) I am enjoying the last few days of daylight on my after breakfast walk with the dogs. Starting Sunday we'll be back in the dark thanks to DST.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Donuts and chicken 🤢,almost as bad as the Krispy Kreme burger.Ive never eaten either have no intention of it.
    Debby in Va
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Rori - Oh no I tossed the bag of brown sugar thought it was a goner. Didn’t know the microwave A few seconds at a time could have saved it!

Think all of us are afraid of the restrictions not the actual virus 🦠. I’ve never seen a reaction like this before to a bug. I’ve had a rare flu before got the shot y meds but they didn’t quarantine I just missed a few days boss threatening to fire me for missing but had extreme squirts-took care of my kids same old same old.Dad had swine flu 😷 was so sick he almost died he laid on the couch 🛋 sicker than a dog while I did his work from one job (the other was a good factory 🏭 so couldn’t help there I don’t know how to drive a forklift). He was in contact with us y us with others the whole time. The thought of my baby being ripped from my arms,long quarantine away from others, schools being shut down,y for many loss of a job or paychecks when their 1 away from loosing everything their working so hard for is the real issue. When they didn’t do all that the really sick isolated ordered online line to a family member brought it or wore a mask 😷 with proper Doctor training. I got trained how to wear it y the rules as a baby up. If someone can’t hear you speak louder or out the cell phone on speaker 🔈 who cares if someone hears it just announce putting you on speaker or I’ll call you when I get home I’m shopping 🛒. I think they need to stop being ridiculously over cautious! The problem is presidential elections to pressure from other countries is fueling the fire 🔥!
    We can’t build up an immunity until we get it.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Today my premade meal boxes. I’m sticking around 145lbs at the moment so good means I’m holding on to it will drop down again before I know it.Finally not yo-yo back up to 146’s .

Exercise today like usual plus probably ball ⚽️ in the backyard again today like yesterday. Just waiting for it to warm up outside. I’m not a cold weather fan.

Amber Tx

Still looking for food recipes for JR. Not much out there for toddlers. Lol 😂 guess that’s proof their all picky folks give up trying lol 😂.