• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,695 Member
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    SusiQ: Your new work space is wonderful! :star:

Luci: What a sweet little girl. :heart:

Kylia: When the last load in the dryer is my sheets I have no problems remembering to take care of them. They go right back on the bed. :bigsmile:

Rita: I’d love to know more about the waffle bread. It looks wonderful. Did you make it or buy it? If you made it, I’d love to get the recipe and if you buy it, I’d like to know where to look. :smiley:

Carol: I’m sorry the pollen is getting you down. :flowerforyou:

Amber: Hugs for your Auntie and her family. :cry:

Karen in VA: I open a word document on my computer screen next to the Women 50+ thread. As I read, I make my comments on the word document and when I’m ready I copy and post it on the thread. This system works well for me. :smiley:

Terri: I’m doing much the same as you are. Coping fine and staying home except when I’m off to do my grocery shopping. :smiley:

Rebecca: I love the photo your son sent of himself and your sweet Athena. :heart:

It is almost midnight and I’m ready to say goodnight. I hope that we all have a good day tomorrow.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,448 Member
    This is interesting ...

Coronavirus anxiety: Recognising the impact a pandemic can have on your mental health
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-03-30/coronavirus-anxiety-mental-health-pandemic/12098754

Machka in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day, I’ve got a wonderful feeling…..

Our wonderful hands! Like many I am finding my hands are taking a beating. I normally wash them all of the time, but as with everyone else I am constantly washing them. And, with normal household chores such as washing the dishes they are super dry. During my outing on Friday I picked up some Platex gloves. I can at least use them when washing dishes and give my poor hands a break. They bring up memories of my mom who always wore them when cleaning and/or washing dishes. Every time I put them on I get visions of my mom with those yellow gloves on.

Bananas – I laughed envisioning everyone walking around with masks with fake smiles on them. Welcome to the new/old world. Yes see through ones maybe – the plastic would make everyone’s face melt with sweat here in Florida. I do have about double of the space in my town home but have been finding I actually live in half of that space. For exercise I walk in place a lot of the time especially when folding laundry or washing dishes. I also have some free weights that I use.

Beth – I love buttercream icing. Your cake looks delectable!

Machka – Your new family member seems to be taking over the household and both of your hearts. I imagine he is going to be very good for your husband’s recovery. Animals are so healing and are good for our souls.

Margaret – I agree with Barbara and others – even the mentioning of the benefits of not smoking will only make him smoke more. The suggestion of going and doing something positive without mentioning cigarettes is your best move.

Heather – It seems the Saga refund is going to be a saga (sorry, could not resist). Hopefully the refunds come through sooner than later. What a PITA!

Luci – Oh, that face she is simply adorable. Melts my heart – I cannot imagine what she does to yours.

Janet R – Jaxx is such a cutie.

Rebecca – Although you would love to visit Athena right now imagine when we finally can get out and about. Your hair is wonderful.

Lisa – The “stimulus” will also be prorated for those making over those thresholds, but under a certain amount. For singles it is over $75k up to $99k. I cannot locate anything for retirees – I would believe not because I think the government would “assume” they are already retired and making it on their own. Not going to put my true thoughts here as it really touches too many political points. For those who are self-employed/own businesses there is an application process. Florida has one of the lowest unemployment dole in the country ($275) per week so the $600 would really give a boost to those unemployed here.

Tere – Hoping the treatments work for you. Your husband sounds lovely. Foreplay, if only!

Kim – I am glad you spoke up. So many are a bit out of touch with the real world. Many of my friends are asking me what to do without “spa” access since I do my own nails, waxing, and toes. I have been telling them to search on U-Tube. I am also happy you were able to get through to your creditors. Interestingly enough I was able to get through to Discover in 5 minutes (sorry) on Saturday. I called 5 minutes after it opened on Saturday. If you have any more calls to make I would check out weekend call hours.

KJ – The children look so happy at the beach party! It made me think I “may” pick up one of those cheap plastic pools for my courtyard so I can visit the “pool”. LOL – Back up Piglet!

Kylia – I had to make a rule in my house – if I buy a new piece of clothing (anything and all included) I must get rid of a piece. I started that over 20 years ago. During the past two years I have been working on downsizing. I have been able to get every stitch of clothing in to one closet (including panties and such) in to one closet. I was putting up my “winter” shoes yesterday and thought I still have too much. I have a problem with shorts too! Either too short or too long. Love your coloring.

Bread Makers and Other One-Use Items – As part of my downsizing plan I do not purchase anything that does not have multiple uses. There are some exceptions such as my coffee pot (it can be used to make hot water or tea though). This is difficult for me because I love kitchen gadgets but have found I can resist!

JanetO – The conversation from paper to non-paper does take some adjustment to and it has been something the companies I have worked for have had in place for the better part of 20 years. I do use a lot less paper both at work and at home. TG for technology!!

Annie – Sorry about your trip! Personally I think it’s bs about the airline credit and its expiration date!

Allie – Positive thoughts to you and the unemployment claim.

Beth – Be safe. Try and remember your outing is to a medical appointment and they are probably the most prepared and diligent in keeping things clean and tidy. Congratulations on the weight loss.

Amber – So sorry about your aunt.

Karen – Lilliana looks so filled with personality! She is going to be a charmer.

Katla – We use the same strategy – Word and reading through the posts. I toggle between the two as I do not do well with the side-by-side strategy (alt & tab at same time).

It is off to the races for me. Wishing everyone a good day/evening/night/sleep.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited March 2020
    JanetR - Levi will be three months old in a week... and he's changing so fast it's just crazy. Happy news for your next great grand! You certainly don't look like a great-grandmother, dear heart.

Barbara AHMOD - Anyone in the U.S. who made less than the cap and filed a tax return in 2018 or 2019 will get a check (or direct deposit, if that's how your tax check went through). The cap is $75K AGI (line 7 of your 2018 return, line 8b of your 2019 return) for those filing single, $150K for married filing jointly. According to the AARP, "If you are receiving Social Security benefits but didn’t file taxes in 2018 or 2019, you will be eligible to receive a stimulus check without a tax return based on data available to the IRS from your annual Social Security benefits statement." (https://www.aarp.org/politics-society/advocacy/info-2020/coronavirus-stimulus-checks.html).

For those who are on SSI and receiving a disability check, the information seems to be up in the air. If they are part of filing taxes with their spouse, they will receive the check. It's possible they may need to file a tax return for 2019 even if they don't have to do so by law. (https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/27/social-security-recipients-may-benefit-from-coronavirus-relief-checks.html). Personally, if I fell in that category, I'd file a tax return.

Unfortunately, due to my family's passion for conspiracy theories, those who do receive disability checks are the ones who are most likely to believe it's a government plot to get them to file a tax return, for whatever trumped-up reason they can dig up--and they are the ones who need this money the worst. :'(

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    SuziQ - we were typing at the same time. The AARP is pretty on the ball for stuff like this ordinarily, but I will say that, as those who get all this process going will be prioritizing the next steps, those who are retirees (and thus not paying into the government coffers) will probably be put at the bottom of the list. However it lands, the checks will be non-taxable. Here's some really good information that's more comprehensive from the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/coronavirus-stimulus-check-calculator/
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,701 Member
    Good Monday!

Woohoo, I had a great weekend. The only "downside" is I did no work work. Oops. Had lots of fun though.

Hi Hi Hi Hi it's off to work I go. No rain in forecast until the weekend, so I bet we will be busy. No one stays home here.

Stay safe!
    <3
    Kylia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Ah, Heather - that is funny!!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Lol don’t whisk by hand use the blender like Starbucks does lol 😂 !! That young girl in college she doesn’t have a blender.

Poor midges (mosquitoes) Lol oh whatever will they do lol 😂.

Church held choir practice anyways in one state they all get it.This stuff like all Coronavirus is airborne also y belting it out singing in a room together with dead breaths in y out bad idea 💡!!! 50% stayed home glad they did. 50% (60) showed up all are positive now for it (2 died). Every type of Coronavirus from flu to cold are airborne surprised it took this long for them to figure this out.
    Amber Tx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    edited March 2020
    Suzie Q I agree. That is why I will use distraction like when he goes to smoke I will try and engage him about something else without mentioning his smoking. I still will insist he not smoke in front of me I will say please wait until you are home and then you have a place to put out your cigarette. Given this virus out of courtesty and for public health he should not throw his used butt in someone's yard. I will not mention this fact to him.do my own observations to see if I see a reduction and still not say anything. It is the teacher in me you have to take the student where they are you know where you want to lead them. The trick is leading them without them knowing.

So thank you all for your feedback it is helping me with my Plan B.

Spitting became a unexceptable during the Spanish Flu epidemic for the same reason. It spreads germs. I know if I find any butts on our or DS property I will handle them like used Kleenexes. I do notice on our walks a number of used cigarettes butts. At least my son will not add to them when I am around.

Heather Both me and DH enjoyed cartoon. Thanks!