:)<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Simpler recipes from my Fav Chef Gordon

https://youtu.be/mhDJNfV7hjk

Amber Tx

Having the last of my unsweetened Apple 🍎 pie filling heated in a baking tin 350* for 10min with 2 Oz of chicken I baked in chicken broth (then saved the juices for my noodles which I will be having for dinner). Some home made brewed tea in the coffee maker added sweetnlow,little sugar,y my garden oranges 🍊 squeezed the juice into it.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,694 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Good morning peeps! <3

Pip- it's raining cats and dogs here right now. You might need your wetsuit getting to work this morning.

Got a long walk in yesterday with my neighbor (BP was 122/77 at suppertime-no meds) which reminded me how important it is to get out for at least half an hour to walk and talk, lol. Some cardio and stress relieving.

Spent several hours yesterday afternoon watching and listening to some great performances online - my tablet has a feed of entertainment thru Facebook. Saw several versions of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". Celtic Thunder, kd lang to name a couple. Sounds of Silence by Disturbed B) Then I happened onto Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris singing Neil Young's "After the Gold Rush" on a David Letterman show. Shivers.

My DH has such sensitive hearing, I have to listen through earbuds or earphones and worry a little about assaulting my "good ear", especially when he's resting which is a lot of the time. I do keep the volume under control - if I was playing it through speakers, however, this place would be jammin' and neighbors would be calling the cops for violation of the noise ordinance, lol. I want to "feel the beat" and get that base thumpin'.

Tomatoes are going gangbusters under the grow lights and today will be plopping a few lupine seeds into cups to see if they germinate.

Ok ladies, that's the quick and dirty. I skipped around a lot so big hugs to all I missed. Make it a good day. <3

Lanette
    Rainy and windy SW WA State

you ain't lyin.. it was what i call regular rain and wind riding in. i am always prepared, i gotta rain coat, rain pants rain bike shoes, waterproof socks on.. the whole 9. but it was SERIOUS HARD rain and WINDY when i go to sumner. i like riding in the rain, BUT THAT F(*&)#%$@!G WIND!!!!!!!!

Ok Pip and Lanette, we saw it last night, (wind) but it just sprinkled here on Whidbey. It must be an island thang.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,694 Member
    fl0a877vq1y8.jpg
    💖Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    So glad many of us cancelled trips to cruises.Harder y harder for the ones who did to get back now!

https://youtu.be/FgFE-quZDAM

Amber Tx

Glad to be on my home soil
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Loving all the cute and funny meme's. Please keep them coming.

Loving all the photos...especially all the babies.

KAREN ~ The virtual choir was wonderful. I added it to my Facebook page.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Lol 😂 I seem to be popular with today’s youth. They highlighted my advice on the YouTubes lol 😆
    2d14h7wpcyqy.jpeg
    6jvz1e2rl8jh.png
    ptprc5i3xgsp.png

Amber Tx

So is that my 5minutes of Internet fame ? 😂
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,196 Member
    [I found the recipe online with no amounts so tweaked it and it worked! The basic recipe is some in a mug then microwaved for 90 second on high. Adjust for texture.

1 lg. Egg
    2 Tbl. Almond flour
    1 Tbl mayonnaise
    1/2 tsp baking powder more or less depends on age of powder. Older powder needs more, new=less
    Water as needed to get the correct batter thickness.

That is all! Adjust mayo and powder for the texture you want. Add more almond flour for a thicker batter to use in the waffle maker.

You can add anything to the base mix like vanilla and sweetener for a desert shortcake or waffle. Cocoa, or flavorings, choc chips or bit of fruit. Just adjust water or almond flour for the correct consistency.

Hope this helps!
    Katla I pm’d you the bread recipe. I put it in the spoiler if anyone else wants it.

The burger was topped with chopped lettuce, tomato, onion relish, and salsa. I prefer salsa to catchup becaus it doesn’t have any sugar in it. Catchup is full of sugar.

Have a great day ladies!

RvRita