WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited March 2020
    ljyaua86zw1v.jpeg

I let my relatives know who are last to know so done ✅. Good news her test came back Negative for COVID-19 so her family was able to be with her in the end. Betty was my mom

Hubby brought his work masks for me to clean ..construction dust like crazy their not meant to be used this much but no choice.

Today Chicken ,Carrots,y potatoe with a tab of margarine 🧈 y pepper. Homemade tea with sweetnlow tad of sugar y a freash from my tree orange 🍊 squeezes into it.

Exercising today y well just going to mourn.Have a good day guys if I feel up to it I’ll hop on

Amber Tx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    PENNY ~ Glad you are out of self quarantine but sad about your fall. I just imagine how much your daughter must enjoy her time in the forest.

PIP ~ Congrats on your amazing run of logging.

LUCY ~ Darling photo of you and the baby.

KAY ~ We are all going to be hurting for hair cuts and coloring. I am glad I have what I need to color my own hair. Guess some of our men folks will be getting shaggy too!

I grew up in the country about 13 miles from the nearest town. It felt very lonely a lot of the time. I now really enjoy the time I can sit on my front porch and watch all the walkers, joggers, and traffic going by.

I recently purchased my granddaughter a dress on Amazon. It arrived several days ago and I left the package alone hoping it was not contaminated. This morning I opened it up and see that the dress is in vacuumed sealed plastic and came from China. I will just let it sit for now and won’t open the wrap. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Am I being too worried?

Carol in GA
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Amber I am sorry for you and your family's loss. I was heartened to hear she had loved ones by her bedside.
    Big virtual hug to you.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    DH and I had a lovely session of singing with the stuff our teacher had recorded for our singing group. :D<3 We can hear him singing and playing the piano and he gives us the songs to sing along with him. :p It was great fun and we sung our little hearts out!
    Now to do some dancing tomorrow!!!!
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Thankyou. Hopefully my 79yr old Aunt who heading that way is going to help not ask for all the valuables claiming their hers like she did to me after my mom passed on. She brought the RV so she not planning on leaving quickly.

President of USA 🇺🇸 now saying WEAR MASKS ,bandana,scarf,T-shirt around your head,anything!! So hoping folks listen. Wear gloves too!

Amber Tx

🥺 SuzieQ - Take the wine 🍷 out of her hand that’s my Naval Daughter! Lol 😂 put a Navy schedule in its place or sushi 🍣
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,203 Member
    Good to see you Penny!
  • margaretturk
    edited March 2020
    b25983j8zdlz.jpg

I made my mask bigger and now I can get my hair in there too. The filter is a 1500 Filterate and it filters out viruses. I like it because it is more comfortable then the N-95 Mask, I can fit all my hair in it. It is more comfortable to breather than a N-95, the filter is protected so even if you touch it it does not contaminate the filter. It not have some aluminum metal holding it in place that you have to fold back and I covered with foil tape. One comment I got was to make sure it did not contain fiberglass. I wouldn't think a furnace filter would not contain fiber glass I will be more careful as I get filters for son's house. The filter I used does not contain fiber glass. We have hot water heat and ductless AC so it is not an issue for us.

I wore this when I went to PO today I wanted to get one of these to my niece and her daughter. For her son I made it a bandana. I said I could make either for her DH. just let me know.

I do have a N-100 mask but it makes me look like a bug. I did get strange looks when I wore that one. qm2tiwq4nmdy.jpg

When I am walking outside and keeping social distance don't wear it.
  • margaretturk
    I tried to post my video washing my hands I couldn't get it to post. I did get it on Facebook so if you want to see it you can go to my timeline. Still not sure why. It is rare that I post a video so I suppose that is why. I recorded this on my Chromebook and usually I post photos from our desktop.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 678 Member
    Just checking in. I enjoy reading daily and appreciate the smiles and laughs I get from the sharing. It’s hard times across the world right now and this group is a positive supportive place and I’m grateful it’s a part of my day.

Grateful for so much....enough to eat....a comfortable house....I’m healthy and so is my husband.... I have Ella to walk with me.... my sister has 3 more chemotherapy infusions and she’s tolerating them...we can’t visit but we talk everyday.... Life is good.

Last day of March and just stayed at the same weight all month. Hope I do better in April.

Thank you all for the pictures and helpful sharing.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I’ve had a good day shopping and chatting with our neighbor. Her son has been working in England for several years. He was sent home to her house in Oregon. He is still working for his British employer from here. She’s happy to have him at home for a while.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,603 Member
    Tried to get an online delivery, but they are only delivering now to the extremely vulnerable as defined by the government's list. I am just elderly. Oh well.
    I went on to Amazon and hunted about for things that are unobtainable locally. I found crunchy peanut butter, not my usual brand, but heh, and extra virgin olive oil. The only thing I really need that is hard to get is unsalted butter.
    Then I put in an order for AF beers and AF wine from a website that specializes in AF. Paid a bit more, but if it stops me drinking ...... Alcohol sales in the UK have gone up by 33%. :o
    Our very local mini supermarket was completely out of everything this afternoon. Bare shelves. Luckily I am well stocked up. I only went in because I was next door at the pharmacy, collecting my BP medication. The girl serving me couldn't find my prescription at first because she couldn't understand my carefully spelled out surname. :# Grrrrrr! She had to write it down after two tries and check it with the boss. Of course, it was there all the time and it was my second visit to find it. I had put in two requests. :# I was very kind and thanked her. I'm sure they are very stressed. It's all laid out with taped off areas for queuing and a boxed area for waiting.

I know I am very lucky, so try not to agitate myself. Not always easy. I'm not patient, nor tolerant of incompetence. >:) But I know I am not on the front line.

Love to all who are having to deal with this at close quarters. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxxx