WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I had a good day today. I ran into a friend at the grocery store. I was happy to see her. She runs a beauty shop & has been required to close for an unknown time. Small business owners are hard hit by governors orders to stay home. It is a good strategy for safety but hard on small businesses. Some restaurants are taking phone orders for pick up. We haven’t tried to place an order so far.

There is an old blessing/curse: May you live in interesting times. Lots of people are impacted.

Stay safe.

Katla
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Hello everyone.
    It is official! I am starting week 3 of working remote and self-isolation. I have put on 1.2 pounds over the month of March. I am attributing it to my lack of planning and being able to graze the kitchen throughout the day. The remote situation is a big adjustment for me because I typically bring my breakfast, lunch, and snacks to work. My April plan is to get back in the habit of packing my work meals the night before and keeping all in one spot with in the refrigerator (my lunch bag).
    • I am grateful to have another healthy day.
    • I am grateful for my courtyard. It provides me with a private place in nature where I can enjoy my coffee while contemplating my day.
    • I am grateful for the commute time savings. Yesterday I was able to clean my guest bathroom and all of the glass in the pictures upstairs during the time I would have been on the road.
    • I am so incredibly grateful for the full 7 hours of sleep I had gotten last night.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    For those of you who may be interested here is a link to some prerecorded, free yoga classes. This is the studio who has the Yoga in the Park sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgxWadhiWh7Lvj3RYhHmmnQ

Namaste
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Morning Ladies~
    I slept pretty well.. i got dressed and went and got Homer.. He was thrilled to see me.. they are saying to keep pets seperated.. but sorry need to have my boys with me..
    I never ever lived in an apartment building, i have lived in a 2 family home .. and I didnt know how it would go doing a condo.. only reason I did is it has the patio space...
    it is close to my kids.. and it was close to work....
    will figure out how this all goes as we go along..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Allie - sorry, honey, wasn't criticizing, I just really don't understand it. I get claustrophobic at the thought of sharing a wall with anyone. Maybe because I grew up in the country, I don't know.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    :)<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,064 Member
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rebecca: We visited Whidbey several years ago. We were considering retiring there. It was my impression that the western side of the island was arid and windy, while the eastern side was sheltered and more gentle. Sometime after our visit, parts of the western side of the island fell into the ocean. Yikes! :noway:

Pip: I looked me up—this is day 2725. That is 7.46 years. I’ll happily keep chasing you. You’re a champion. :star:

Penny: Your home is in a beautiful place. What a lovely photo. :heart:

Breakfast is nearly ready and I need to do my part. Have a great day.!

Katla