WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mama was right again! “Take your cod liver oil every day.” Covid-19
    If you do Facebook, I found this video commonsense and reassuring.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Now their talking about senior citizens only shopping hours like they did with community swimming pools back in the day
    Weird idea 💡.

Poor younger generations getting blamed for spreading this. Yet it started with our generations not there’s so who knows. Blame them the ask for their help . Not a loving way to do it .Everyones spreading it not just 1 generation age group.

Amber Tx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    HEATHER ~ Your thoughts about the crisis were very insightful! Would never have thought of that. It should also include the less elderly who have a compromised immunity.

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Zumba at home with JR lol 😂 he created his own routine , jump rope JR tried to do it too , exercise band,y walking so far.

https://youtu.be/8DZktowZo_k

Ate a chicken y government cheese sandwich 🥪 toasted 10min in airfryer. JR quesadilla (only 3 tortillas left) y his fries 🍟 y a protein shake y chocolate teddy grahams with baked Cheetos so far .

Daughter said base imposed a 2tp per person limit so she will have some soon enough. She grabbed pads y will wait on tp. She’s out by tomorrow morning.

Amber Tx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Hugs to all…
    Virus crap –

Kim from N. California

I'm so sorry, Kim. This is so difficult. I am thankful you will still be able to work.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    A quiet day here. I might have to start my taxes. Or look into a refund for my dude ranch trip. I haven't cancelled yet, but I can't see flying and coming home to my parents. My sister was supposed to visit from Tennessee but she cancelled. I ought to start a knitting project. That actually releases dopamine. And it beats boredom eating. This is going to be a long two weeks in my head.
    Annie in Delaware
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Daughter said O blood types have a significant lower risk for the virus 🦠 than others. A blood types may have a higher risk.

Now trying to remember my blood type it’s same as Daughter that In sure. No clue JRs at all.

Amber Tx

https://news.abplive.com/health/coronavirus-outbreak-blood-type-a-more-vulnerable-to-covid-19-study-1176984

The virus has it’s on song now. One line is glad I cancelled that cruise 🚢 in country twang .Good laugh
    https://youtu.be/YDFkQ8FTTgw
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Heather- Big hugs prayers for them their families.Hope they didn’t come in contact with any pregnant family members to older ones. Stay safe my friend you got a 2nd chance twice now. Cruise y this.

Daughter said Navy told her she’s O+ I know we are the same blood type .JR I’m not sure but think hubby also O type so he is probably also an O type. My parents I remember one is O the other wasn’t but which one? So asked Moms cousin seems their the AB types. So Dads the O+. His pastor is quarantined 2weeks after his trip abroad that got cancelled (his sons wedding 🎩 👰). So Dad is taking over still luckily church is in the country side only 10-20 people on an Easter Sunday usually only 10 or less show up (older group y military). Mother-in-law an O - type.

Stay strong Gals were the front line for our families. Got to weight every option for us all. As for family weddings time to mention Courthouse or private ceremony like their doing funerals at the moment just Skype it..
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,086 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,344 Member
    Options
    Did another section of Rockin Body DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michael’s Killer Cardio DVD.

Well, one of the gyms I go to has closed down until the end of next week. So there goes my water class. I was hoping they’d at least be open, but no luck.

Well, Newcomers cancelled all activities for March and April. I had just gone to the store to get vegetables to take with me, but they were out. Decided to get these cheese cubes and some Triscuit crackers. Now I can just take them back.

Then went to one gal’s house to see if she can decipher this crochet pattern I had. Try as she might, she could not get the count to come out right. So in the end I’ll just look for another pattern for a blanket to make. I like to have one in case I need a gift for someone.

Luci – happy anniversary. Be still my heart!

SuziQ – thanks for asking about PJ. Yes, he’s OK. You know babies are made of steel with a rubber coating. He just got a few rug burns but that’s all. Thank goodness I’m in NC because pete would really be hearing from me. Maybe this will make them think about how the place they got really isn’t good for a baby. But I know that Maria wanted them to have a new place (because that’s what she wanted) and the father wanted them out of the house so they got the first thing that came along. If it had been me I would have gone out and bought a gate that I could use even if it was temporary. Depending if I already had the gate (and I think they do) I would have hired a handyman and had it installed.

I’ve decided that I’m going to continue to serve at the soup kitchen. Yes, I’ll be exposing myself to all those people and potential virus. But they need to be fed.

Took Loki and he got his butt shaved.

Lisa – I agree with you that online sales won’t be the same as impulse buys. Like Vince got something like 8 boxes but only because they were there. I honestly don’t think he’d order them online.

Carol GA – when you got your online order, did they have a minimum that you must purchase? How much was it? The one time I ordered online for pickup at WalMart I didn’t know to mark that I didn’t want substitutions so they gave me a different size alcohol bottle than what I asked for. I called them to ask if I could return it and they told me to just keep it and they’d take it off my credit card. That I was shocked at – WalMart giving away something???

Barbie – oh, I’m so sorry you won’t have your class. I know how much you love it. Hopefully, you’ll have it back real soon

Amber – oh, salt pools DO have chlorine in them. What happens is you put pool salt in the pool, the salt goes into the salt water generator where it is broken down into sodium and chloride, then the chlorine goes back into the pool. There usually isn’t as much chlorine as there is in a community pool. Really, there is no such thing as a pool that doesn’t have chlorine in it. Otherwise you’d have all sorts of bacteria growing. Sue gave a much better explanation. There is no way we could use shampoo in our washing machine. It has to be HE (which doesn’t have as much suds). I do wish I could find a mahjongg game for free that I can play online with others. American mahjongg. Thanks for posting that song. We need a little smile

Rita – that park looks like it fits into the alien theme

Later girlfriends.
    Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    that turkey looks so yummy