WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele NC- Mahjong - ^ the reviews look good not sure if it’s solitary only or not tho.

Amber Tx

I always wondered how the salt pools work glad to hear they still use something to keep it safe. I have less skin reaction in them than other pools to hot tubs.

Got JR ready for bed watching Netflix has a good movie I’m liking “Kingdom “ a zombie movie in the Chinese dynasty times way back when.So far living it to pieces!
    https://www.netflix.com/title/80180171?s=i&trkid=13747225
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Machka while the virus is now with us forever, I’m hoping the panic (and some shutdowns) will abate much sooner than summer. Thank you SO much for the house cleaner meme. Just the giggle I needed.
    Evelyn good to see you posting.
    Ginny impressed with you and your coworkers resilience. Thank you!
    LuciB The very happiest of silver anniversaries to you and the :heart: of your life.
    SuziQ “…decided to practice normalcy” Yes! Think this is key to maintaining positive outlook during this disruption. Verging on political
    imho the govt needs to somehow extend unemployment benefits to under employed part timers, and cut checks for small business owners if they keep paying their hourlies. The large corporations have deep enough pockets, maybe a down the road tax relief for them. But not checks for everyone, not all of us need ‘em. ;)
    KJ :love: the pics of your grandsons, coming home to changing linens, not so much ;}
    Lanette thanks for the totally tomatoes link,
    Kate sending healing vibes to your grandson, how old is he?
    Barbie both our line dancing venues (the Grange and a sports bar) are closed. Trying to think of a way we can still dance “together” via a GoToMeeting kind of app that would cycle through sharing video from each individual’s device. It would need to be free, and work on iphones, apple tablets, androids and windows laptops. Thinking about it. That turkey project has my mouth watering. Yum!
    Amber thanks for the videos especially the Latin Dance workout. Can you make tortillas from scratch? Can your daughter use paper napkins til her TP ration comes in? Enjoyed the Locked Down Blues song, especially the TP and Clorox in the background ;)
    Rita those pics give a very eerie feeling.
    Heather a thoughtful approach to self isolation, and one it may not be too late to migrate toward. Hope your friend can get tested so the difficult friend can get good information soon.
    Annie is it possible your daughter is ashamed or embarrassed of something, perhaps not enough credits to graduate at this time?

Too sleepy to update stats, or do my dance-at-home alternative. Tomorrow will go to the last BB&B class ‘til at least May.
    A little sad, but will keep busy with alternatives to make me cheer up.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,233 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Small Rant About Those Who Feel the Need to Go Out and Pick Up One More Thing. Read at your own will. I will apologize now for anyone I may offend.
    I am staying out of the stores and away from everyone and my wish is everyone else does this too. Do we really need that last thing on our list? With testing still gearing up all we are doing is exposing ourselves and while most are only getting mild cases do we really need to be exposing others while we walk around stores and then come home to our families. The more we hunker down now and not mix with others the faster we will slow the spread. Personally I do not want to be locked down through the summer and by continuing our “need” to go out all we are doing is extending our lockdown time.

Let’s take a look at the countries where everyone was going about their days thinking this was not a big deal. They are now under complete lockdown except for necessities. Is this something we really want? Is it a need? I say no to both.

For the love of humanity please stay home. I am asking those who are stocked up and can do without please stay home. For those who feel this is an inconvenience and are still going out socially please stay home. For those who feel they cannot live without xyz, please stay home.

The spread and safety of others is in our hands. It is up to us to stop the spread. Allow those who must go out to work, provide necessary services, provide healthcare, serve others etc. to be safer with less of us out and about. It is up to us and no one else.

I do realize many may block me after my little rant and that is okay. Again, I am sorry if I offended anyone. What I say is for the love of all persons.

Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL

Not offended at all.

But I am one who is out shopping just about every day. :)

Explanation ...
    I work right in the middle of the city and at lunch everyone goes out and walks to run errands or for exercise or whatever. Usually, I have to elbow my way through crowds or take the long way around to get places. And there are often lines.

But now the stores here are empty ... even the grocery stores ... and people aren't even out walking much. It's all gone really quiet.

So I figure I'll continue to do my part to support the economy. :) Plus shopping now is a dream!! I've got entire stores to myself!

Now in my situation, I'm on an island and we've got a grand total of 7 people with C19 with no additions to that number in several days.

The assumption here is that by summer, we might be all right. Of course summer here is December. Meanwhile, it will likely continue to escalate through the winter. So the advice of our government officials is to try to keep "business as usual" for a while yet ... while we still can.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    edited March 2020
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Quick update. Planning today to situate more staff to work from home. State pushed out some technology approval late yesterday that is unheard of. Hopefully will be able to get essential staff set up. Difficult choice will be what services don't continue. Lots of details to work out-pay, duties, etc. Not letting public into the building at all-communication by phone and email only. Concerned for people who may not have those resources, but we will figure something out. While we have a pretty good continuity plan, most elements were reactive based on natural disasters, etc. COVID-19 is a different beast.

Ginny in Ohio

Yeah, we're doing the same sort of things where I work in preparation for a long winter ahead!

auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka while the virus is now with us forever, I’m hoping the panic (and some shutdowns) will abate much sooner than summer.
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I hope so too. Of course, summer here is December. I hope international travel resumes by December too but there are no guarantees of that.

I expect the initial panic will settle down and things like frequent hand washing, extra cleaning, social distancing, doing things like work, school, grocery shopping, etc. online and so on will become our "new normal". :)

M in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,745 Member
    Options
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,745 Member
    Options
    don't know if I put my stats for yesterday:

day 1 gym closed-

Home 2 dome- 13.51min, 13.1amoh, 134mhr, 3.03mi= 98c
    Apple Watch- 95c
    puy, past work, scenic riding and back- 43.23min, 11.5amph, 139mhr, 8.32mi= 362c
    apple watch- 307c
    Ride wrk 2 sum sta- 3.28min, 8.2smph, 113mhr, .47mi= 19c
    Apple Watch- 19c
    Ride dome 2 home- 19.13min, 8.1amph, 144mhr, 2.58mi= 164c
    Apple Watch- 141c

643 cal
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Quick update. Planning today to situate more staff to work from home. State pushed out some technology approval late yesterday that is unheard of. Hopefully will be able to get essential staff set up. Difficult choice will be what services don't continue. Lots of details to work out-pay, duties, etc. Not letting public into the building at all-communication by phone and email only. Concerned for people who may not have those resources, but we will figure something out. While we have a pretty good continuity plan, most elements were reactive based on natural disasters, etc. COVID-19 is a different beast.

Ginny in Ohio

Yeah, we're doing the same sort of things where I work in preparation for a long winter ahead!

auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka while the virus is now with us forever, I’m hoping the panic (and some shutdowns) will abate much sooner than summer.
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

I hope so too. Of course, summer here is December. I hope international travel resumes by December too but there are no guarantees of that.

I expect the initial panic will settle down and things like frequent hand washing, extra cleaning, social distancing, doing things like work, school, grocery shopping, etc. online and so on will become our "new normal". :)

M in Oz

Further to what I said above ... this is what's in our local newspaper. It is what Australia is preparing for:

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/warning-social-distancing-could-last-a-year-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/news-story/994ef4aa7bc68bb861a9034ac1d0dc09