WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla
    In addition to what I said above, elective medical procedures are being cancelled all over the country.
    We cancelled teeth cleanings, a follow up visit to my partner's orthopedist, & her physical therapy sessions.
    I am guessing from your last post that this mystery colonoscopy recommendation has more to do with the assistant's ignorance than it does to do with anything your doctor wants.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Beth- Way 2 Go on reporting those thugs!

Good news is here they have now as of last night implemented 2 of each items limits online y in store! So We should be able to get a few things easier than before hopefully.My Aunt an hour away in a tiny town who couldn’t get food they issued this a couple days ago she went in still empty areas but she could find enough odds y ends to whip up a few meals (She cooks for Dad y Uncle 1 meal then Dad eats alone the other). So hopefully the 2nd cousins both with babies can now find formula to a few of their favorite toddler foods but not all. They’ll survive.

Friend near Houston (Kids Godmom) still no 2 item limits in her stores so no meats or anything she going again today look under shelves to in bins for that 1 item folks missed. She has a metal heart valve cause she was born without it . So she’s high risk yet has to go to work to shopping 🛒 no choice. Hopefully this junk will end soon .

Amber Tx

Lol found out my Cousins restaurant friend became famous on Facebook as a hoarder lol 😂. He was buying for the restaurants takeout orders that were in the rise.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Beth
    Ah, I see that you are worried about an actual mandated quarantine. I wonder if that would, then, apply to the whole family or just the PUI. I guess maybe we should all try out one of the delivery options just to see how they work so we won't be worried. I am so lucky to have neighbors and adult children who would go get some groceries for us & leave on the front porch if push came to shove…just as I would for them...
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Dentist y Pediactrics told us JRs 3rd Birthday visits are cancelled come in after Coronavirus so unknown when he could be 4yrs old by then or by the end of April will see what this weird disease want to do.

Amber Tx

For no tea reuse the bags twice to 3xs or the tea spoon with the leaves in it . Had to do that as a single mom used the 3rd dip to flavor rice 🍚.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Can disagree all you want but they called cancelled his wellness checkup.
    ivafripwjygw.jpeg

I can’t force them to take him. Their office their rules. Dentist sent an email then called to cancel. Dr Office I called to make the April appointment was asked if it was an emergency? No . Well please call back make an appointment when theirs a emergency or possible illness they read a list off of symptoms to call immediately for.

Amber Tx

Tea ☕️ we reused when I was a single mom because food y money was that tight. That’s life. It got me though the hard times tho.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: In your situation I think work from home would be ideal. It seems to be mostly computer work from what I’ve gleaned from your comments. I wish you sensible bosses and a reasonable work situation. :heart: Our grocery stores are well stocked but there was a panic buy out of toilet paper. Hopefully the panic will subside soon and we won’t have to worry about availability. We have a reasonable supply on hand for now. :ohwell:

Sue: I hope things go well for your daughter. I don’t know what company she works for, but I imagine they need to be able to ship and receive. Sending good thoughts your way. :star: Your mom is lovely and so is the kitty. :flowerforyou:

Tracey in Edmonton: Can people facetime or skype to their loved ones in the care facility? :huh:

Kim: You are blessed with a caring neighbor. I hope things go well for you. :heart:

LuciBThinner: Happy Anniversary! :star:

Pip: I don’t know whether our fitness club is open. I haven’t checked facebook to see what they’ve arranged, but my last yoga class had a teacher and three students. I suspect that yoga will be off of my list of choices for a while. Our county has had no known cases so far. :heart: :bigsmile: :heart:

Barbara: Your school bus food delivery is brilliant. Small towns have a lot going for them. :heart:

RVRita: It is amazing how empty your park seems to be. It is also spectacularly beautiful! :flowerforyou:

Amber: Thanks for The Lock Down Blues. It put a smile on my face. :wink:

Heather: Good news that your friend is okay. :smiley:

Michele: Congrats to you for working at the soup kitchen. You are one of the angels today. :heart:

Lisa: I love “this too shall pass.” Thanks!

Lanette: The teleporter function is a nice one, but it is essential to have the time machine function as well. Perhaps we can all teleport to the days when the virus is over and done. :bigsmile:

Our cleaner would ordinarily come today but we’re skipping this week. I’ll vacuum up dog hair and call it good. We’re otherwise tidy. My car is still in the garage for repair. They need to get parts for the bumper that was damaged. Luckily, DH’s car is available and runs just fine. :star:

Cologuard test came back clean and clear BUT my doctor wasn’t happy with details and wants me to go in for a colonoscopy. I am NOT a happy camper. I have a tentative appointment in May. I plan to talk to her via phone or in person as soon as I can arrange that. I need to understand.

Be as safe as you can.

Katla

guess it was the State mandate here. soooooooo this morning was my 1st time riding from home to work this year.
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    Beth
    Ah, I see that you are worried about an actual mandated quarantine. I wonder if that would, then, apply to the whole family or just the PUI. I guess maybe we should all try out one of the delivery options just to see how they work so we won't be worried. I am so lucky to have neighbors and adult children who would go get some groceries for us & leave on the front porch if push came to shove…just as I would for them...

Karen ... for the cases in WNY, it's been quarantine for the whole family I believe. However, I too would hope that neighbors and friends would help ...

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    Iiiii
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I’m still trying to figure out the new rules for my city.They extended health declaration they made again for 90days. I still can’t find anything on Doctors to Dental y eye care to figure out why there having there changes.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020/03/18/explained-new-declarations-of-emergency-issued-in-san-antonio-and-bexar-county/

I did find this running out of masks for Doctor in our area y Dr Jaafar (he’s a great Doc met him once really liked him) is trying to buy masks even himself checking patients who think they have the virus in the parking lot. He’s the kindest Doctor so hate to hear he’s struggling through this. https://www.kens5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/they-put-us-in-the-front-with-no-ammo-san-antonio-doctor-says-he-doesnt-have-the-supplies-he-needs-if-coronavirus-peaks/273-fce105ee-cfa4-4795-92e7-134ecbacd595 Dr Jaafar used to treat my Mother .

My grandma wanted to come out of nursing retirement but my Uncle has to remind her he does the gas key 🔑 is in the field (the emergency key to shut them off from the main office for up to 6miles away) he can’t get sick he runs a lot. My other Uncle in Georgia also works for the gas company but is in an office so working for home when asked to. Grandma was assured by her old colleagues that’s not necessary...she’s 90yr old range having memory issues plus can’t hear us when we scream 😱 barely could only imagine her trying to do nursing now. Other Uncle said he’ll write out a corporate letter to keep her home have someone else sign it lol so she doesn’t catch on (never know when their joking or not).

We’re up to 11cases for our city (not including ones in bases) https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Medina-County-resident-is-hospitalized-in-San-15137971.php
    Lackland has way more than 11 as you can see says numbers here don’t include theirs.
    Or lady from town near my Dad Medina
    Or ones waiting in results good news is the drive through testing for first responders is open! That’s a huge help!

Amber Tx

Texas 95cases here’s their sort of updates doing best they can.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2020/03/18/coronavirus-updates-texas-houston-gets-drive-through-testing/

Waiting for a prison inmates test to come back.Feel sorry for the workers there with kids or pregnant wife’s at home.