Jog wrk 2 sta- 4.13min, 152mhr, 9.24min mi, .44mu= 62c
    apple watch- 69c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, windy- 19.03min, 8.1amph, 152mhr, 2.56mi= 173c
    apple watch- 156c

Total cal 811
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Well, the gal who hosts the mahjongg has cancelled for the next few weeks. She didn’t say exactly why, but I suspect it might have had something to do with this one girl. Even if she is sick, she will come. But I don’t know that for a fact.

Jess just called to say “thank you” for the care package. It appears that Colby (the bf) has gotten permission to work from home all the time so he’s planning to go out there. In a way, I kind of hope that he isn’t too much of a distraction for Jess. I know, I might very well be overly worried. I just can’t help it. I also know that there’s nothing I can do except pray.

Margaret – glad your friend’s son made it home OK

Amber – thanks for the list. More of a reason why we need to get our pool opened asap, if all the gyms are going to be closed.

M – I would bring my tablet onto which I’ve downloaded books to read. I would probably bring a craft/crafts (crochet, x-stitch, etc)

Nite chicas

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Kim your story shows the strength and love that others are showing through this crisis. Gives me hope.
    I fell alsleep on couch again and now I look at the time and see how late it is.

I got done with what I needed to so now I can settle down and start living this new rountine. I know I will sleep in tomorrow.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Lanette ROTFLMcalmAO ;):heart: the photo from ’77. Is “Little Sicily” OP or hybrid?
    Lisa love your comments to Machka about social media. What I would have said, but better than I could have.
    Beth “Interesting what people think are necessities” so true.
    Machka “What might you bring to a cabin like this if you were to stay there for a couple months?” Toilet Paper :laugh: seriously: Joe, dogs, books, guitar, mending. “2 to 6 months”? :noway: Loved the cartoons, thank YOU! Bravo to your DH for his baking forays. Sure you are right that it helps heal his brain.
    Amber bananas in the fridge? Always thought that was a no-no but googled it and found Thanks! “…by July or August” :noway:
    Welcome @RustArt5! In what context did UAC appear?
    Rita (((hugs))) seems strange to close campgrounds, would imagine it relatively easy to maintain social distance there. SMH.
    Tina “… won’t need the TP…” LOL!
    Margaret :heart: your talking neighbor how to parallel park perfectly. Great goal. What is a “kindergarten hug”?
    Pip Smooch that pooch right on the schnozz!
    Allie Oregon has closed schools and only allows takeout from restaurants and bars at least to April 14.
    Kylia, Nicorette gum was a big help to easing out of my nicotine addiction. But the main motivator was a near-killing pneumonia, 8 days in hospital, 3 weeks on oxygen and losing 5 weeks of work. Good luck gal, YOU can do this without having to go there.
    Samand :heart: your dog!
    Karen Precious FB post. What a fine young man!
    Tracey ditto your kudos to Machka for her support of her husband. September? Oh my no!
    Kim (((hugs))) and thanks be for your neighbor angels.

Still haven’t updated the stats, but this is enough for now.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Hi all!
    Kim - So glad you are an "agricultural worker". :o:p You must be needed in other places as well I would think. <3 We need people like you. Kudos to your neighbour. o:)
    You could probably embroider and sell badges. One would be, I'M ONLY 69 and the other I'VE ALREADY HAD COVID 19.

Beautiful sunny day here. I see a run in my near future. Will have to put sunscreen and sunglasses on. :D
    Worked out that, even with my pizza and wine, I still broke even on my calories. Hooray. An evening walk, if the weather's nice, seems a good idea right now.

Lots and lots of virtual hugs to all my friends on here. We will get through this. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Tracey, love the "me after I eat all my quarantine snacks in one night" meme! Made me LOL!
    Machka, I truly believe that your encouraging your hubby is a huge help to keep the neurons firing! We learn by repetition, so if he persists in trying to make something, he will get there! And if you didn't encourage him, he would just quit, so kudos to you.
    So much to catch up on, finally caught up, but of course can't remember whose posts I wanted to comment on!
    Baby photos! Oh my! :) Love them!
    Well, was sitting here earlier trying to decide if I really wanted to go to the Y on Tuesday. Came upstairs, checked my email and found the decision made for me as they have closed for the time being. Not a huge surprise, while there were still people there today, there definitely was not the usual numbers. Went to grab a few extra groceries, Costco wasn't bad, managed to get what I wanted from there, but our Superstore was awful! Lots of people, and lots of empty shelves! Wasn't able to get the meat that I wanted (looking for chicken and pork chops), so will try a few other stores tomorrow and see what I can find. Bonus to not going to the gym in the morning, I'll hit the stores earlier! I'm not too worried if we have to self quarantine for a few weeks, I went through my freezer yesterday and took stock of what I had, and we're fairly well set up. I would like to get a few more things tho, just to top up what we have. And we need to eat while we're waiting for the potential self quarantine too! Not one scrap of TP anywhere, altho I did see facial tissue and paper towels at Superstore. I'm one of those people who buy lots of the stuff when it goes on sale, so we're in decent shape there too. Fun times!
    Beautiful sunny day here today! And finally the wind stopped blowing! It was so cold the last few days, sunny, but a strong wind right off the polar ice cap! Brrrrr.....
    Anyway, enough for now, really must go to bed!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, who also would love to bury her head in the sand and forget about COVID19, but it's real folks, and isn't going to go away quickly or quietly! Lets all do our part to stay safe and healthy!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim Your post is heartwarming. You are essential personnel! We all knew that.

Machka I loved your cabin thought-provoker because it made me start thinking about how I will use this opportunity. It will be interesting to see what we all make of it. I think I will do yard work, declutter, cook, and read. Kettlebells and planks and squats. Walk & dance. Improve communication with my partner. Teach my dogs some new tricks and take them for walks. And yes, get my banjo out and reteach myself how to play it. So much to do and so little time!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,736 Member
    Options
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Luci - Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary to you and your DH.