Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited March 2020
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: firehall postings by 10, Denise’s for email list work, invest 10 mins cleaning dining room
    Bonus: veg prep
    Get to do: 3/20 T’ai Chi, recycling, Library, veg prep for tubbing with Carol, invest 10 mins cleaning Master & Guest Bds, board meeting minutes, bake something for Joe, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.

Dog group was going to maintain social distance while meeting at a park in nearby Crescent City… until the Governor issued a stay home order for all of California. Will go to T’ai Chi (average attendance 5-6) tomorrow morning, but not be surprised if there’s a closed sign on the activity center’s door. Yesterday I was anxious, tonight I am sad. Line Dance, Dog Group, BB&B, so many “last”s.

As Kylia, Heather, LuciB have said, thank you all for being here. Feel like this is my “last” connecting thread, and grateful it’s woven with so many strong strands. :heart:

KJ ‘boutdamtime the essential nature of your work is recognized! Sounds like you have good protective protocols in place. Those essential workers don’t realize yet how lucky their children will be. Bravissima.
    Margaret praying right now you can bring your son home today. Would love to hear you singing, if you post to YouTube and make it public, the link should be ok here in a spoiler. Just read you can bring son home tomorrow. Thanks be!
    Lisa would your son wipe the air blower above his seat and keep it for the duration of the flight? It might filter the air a little bit. :love: that “squirrel”. May she stay far from our dogs. And the “door.” DOH now why didn’t I think of that?!?
    Flea Joe recently finished London’s “Scarlet Plague” another for your reading list. He and the gas station guy agreed they feel like they're in Steven King's "The Stand."
    Rori ((hugs)). Hope the thick blanket of snow brings a few moments of peac.
    SuziQ walking breaks every two hours, yes. Thanks for the reminder.
    Rita can you invent some “errand” to send your DH walking to the opposite side of the park a couple of times a day? You deserve a break!
    Okie “…refugees” what did I miss?
    Katla Mr. Critical-Grumpy husbands are NO fun :noway: Time for one of Barbie’s “loving conversations”?
    Beth, until you said it, didn’t realize Lanette’s “good neighbor” was a door mat. Reminds me of one Joe bought that, instead of “Welcome!” said “Leave.” Your parents’ police department epitomizes “to protect and serve.”
    Kim sorry your girly drill was inadequate. Doncha just hate “…for the little lady” :tongue:
    Amber prayers said. Well done on the pantry and fridge.
    Machka now that is one wise fox. Thank you! Hoops skirts, sure, but that hat? :noway:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: better than February.
    daily: steps=7907 vits=9 log=10 CI<CO=7 CI<250<CO=4 Tumble & Shadow 5=6 mfp=10 clean 10 mins=7 outside=6 up hill=7
    wkly: BB&B x3=4, rx=1 dance=3 pack walk=1
    mnthly: board mtg=0 grant= review 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=5 play=2 sew=0
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Margaret: I am so happy for you! You get to bring your son home!!! :bigsmile: :heart: :star:

Luci: I’ve had a colonoscopy in the past and will submit to this one. My appointment is not until May. The prep is the worst part. :ohwell:

Allie: Thanks for the good news that Rebecca is okay. :star: Do you know what OMAD is? :huh: I sure don't.

Machka: Thanks for I cannot control / I can control. It is a good reminder for me that my actions will benefit me if I am paying attention and doing safe and positive things. :heart: I can hardly wait to see the photos of you in your hoop skirts. :wink:

Barbara the Southern Oregon Coastie: DH is in a better frame of mind today than for the past while. We did a project here in the house that has big rewards. He was the brains of the project and I was the gofer. The honeycomb blinds in our bedroom are all working properly now after a long time of not so great. YAY! :star: I’m reading a series of books by Robyn Carr, the Thunder Point Novels. These books are set on the Southern Oregon Coast. It is all fiction, especially the relatively short distances they drive to visit family in Eugene and the Portland area. I’ve driven that freeway and it is a LONG drive. The road between the coast and I-5 is also a long drive. I’m enjoying the books but grumpy about the geography. :grumble: I keep reading anyway. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    About COVID-19 ...
    "We could be looking at up to 12-18 months of this.
    Countries might be enacting some degree of control measures right through until a vaccine comes along, according to a new modelling study from Imperial College London.
    Realistically, that could be 12 to 18 months away." (Read More)
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2020-03-20/coronavirus-covid19-pandemic-how-long-will-it-last/12043196

I have been very glad to hear of various possibilities that might fight the virus, but we do need to be realistic about this. It isn't going away next week. It won't be gone by Easter. We won't likely be able to travel very far this winter (or summer for the NH people).

Social distancing, hand washing, and improved hygiene will have to be with us for a long time. It's the world's "new normal".

Machka in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,553 Member
    Godmomkim -- You okay? I saw the news this evening, and I immediately thought of you. This order doesn't change anything for you, does it?

Much love.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Still feeling fluey and achy. Feel like I have a temperature, but I don't. Dry eyes.
    I've asked my doctor friends by email, but I don't suppose they'll know.
    I've had this cold last week and still a bit snuffly, so it could be some post cold thing. Google thinks it's a stress reaction, but I'm not particularly stressed. I don't feel ill, apart from the aches.
    Anyway, we are snug in our house and don't need to meet anyone. Can't go to the doc. Not allowed.
    Boris is hoping to get his post viral testing out before too long. That would be very, very good. But it's usually promises, promises. ;)

Amber - We don't have a President in the UK. Because we have a Queen as the head of state, we only have a Prime Minister. Weird, I know.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited March 2020
    Cycling inside ... :)

ufcbtzfnuw2e.png

Distance:14.30km
    Elevation: 247m
    Moving Time: 53:07
    Elapsed Time: 54:34

...................... Avg ................ Max
    Speed ............. 16.2km/h ....... 83.9km/h
    Heart Rate ...... 130bpm ......... 155bpm
    Cadence ......... 72 .................. 105
    Power ............. 84W ............... 176W
    Calories .......... 255

Plus about 10 minutes running/walking.

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    While I was typing got a whole page behind-lol!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Managed the whole exercise routine this morning, so I'm not ill as such. Feel fine. Just a bit achy, especially wrists and thumbs. I was hoping I'd caught the virus mildly, but no such luck! :s Just some random old bug.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,304 Member
    Strong storms work me up early (like 4 am). Got some of the mess of papers for work organized into my emergency binder. Thought through some other steps we need to take (hard to get actual think time at work!). Haven't exercised all week and feel it. Getting home program started tomorrow and will do my best to keep up with it. Need it for stress release!

Going to get crazier in the next week.

Be cautious all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • kymarai
    Machka I screenshot the calendar. I want to print! I need to make a schedule/plan for down time otherwise I will likely park my butt in the recliner and waste the opportunities to accomplish something!
    😚
    Kylia
  • kymarai
    Ginny- I understand the hard to find time to think at work. Normally, we are so busy at this time that I can't think at work, hence paperwork brought home. Right now staying caught up which is scary in and of itself. Thank you for popping in to let us know you are okay.

Hugs!
  • kymarai
    HeatherUK I am glad just a strange bug! Continue to feel better.
    Hugs and chicken soup!
  • Machka9
    kymarai wrote: »
    Machka I screenshot the calendar. I want to print! I need to make a schedule/plan for down time otherwise I will likely park my butt in the recliner and waste the opportunities to accomplish something!
    😚
    Kylia

If you go here: https://www.dayofhappiness.net/#new you can download the calendar. :)
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Barbara AHMOD - My BFF and her family are here for Spring Break. They were supposed to go to Paris, but couldn't so they came here last Thursday instead. Their son surprised us by showing up for a couple of days so I had four for awhile. They are all heading home tomorrow (I think), the daughter back to NYC and my friend and her hub back to the Bay Area of California.

OMAD is One Meal A Day

Katla - I love the Robyn Carr novels, especially the Virgin River series. I don't know Oregon geography so that doesn't frustrate me.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    ooooooooooooo