WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rori- Lol it was the wrong link but I got cauliflower might look up the many simplest soup recipes see if I got enough to make it.

kjdgd7gfl3g7.jpeg
    ygana52n4eh1.jpeg
    rx3xnkoqiqsk.jpeg

Made the old freezer fries added a sprinkle of cheese airfryer 15min so crispy cheese y fries are crispy yummy. Drinking a Gatorade zero with it while I got them.

Making tea easier route-

2 bags in coffee maker with a few spoonful of sugar so the hot water melts it.
    In the pitcher ice water with sweetnlow (doesn’t taste good heated ). Will combine y stir it up fridge for tomorrow.Can also pour on rice 🍚 to give it a richer flavor.

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    Jjjjjjj
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,896 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Beth - Thinking about you. Is there anyone where they are who might be able to help?

The neighbors who took my mother in behind the ambulance. But they're in their 70s and shouldn't be out either.

He is being admitted for a bowel obstruction and is scheduled for surgery ... waiting on a time.

Sorry to hear this too and I hope the surgery goes well.
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Heather - there's a part of me that just wishes I could get the dang C-19 and get it over with, so I have much sympathy.
    Lisa in AR

Put me on that list, as well. The stress of avoiding it is unbearable, or nearly so.

Flea, working from home, but did go out today to pick up son from OSU, make a grocery store run, and grab date night dinner to go.
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »

Yes, I need TP as I do not stock up. I am looking at the 1.5 rolls I have and decided I will use a washcloth (I have quite a few) for #1 and TP for the rest. Yes, TMI. But really it is up to all of us to sacrifice now.

So, for the health of the world, please stay home. There are so many more lives at stake here and remember there really is only 6 degrees of separation from anyone. Most of us in the next week or so will know someone who is a confirmed case. Within my county alone we started with 4 cases late last week and we are now up to 96 and many more are suspected.

SuziQ - our moms and some of us actually used washcloths to clean up everything that came from our lower regions when we were babies, before the days of wet-wipes and disposable diapers.

Easy enough to rinse out under hot soapy water and toss into the wash. Or even dab with a sponge and hot water/soapy rinse. Maybe I've cleaned up after dogs for too long, lol. The "EEUUWW" feeling is long gone, :D.

Much better than using paper towels and napkins - I've seen this actually recommended (not by any one official). I think many septic lines and septic tanks are going to have problems dealing with tissue that isn't "septic safe". Plumbers and roto-rooter are considered "essential personnel". B)

Lanette

We have a bidet. I am so thankful for it, especially now. I still need to keep my boys stocked in TP, but at least we do have a back up plan for everyone if it comes to that. (Although, I shiver to think of my boys using my bathroom!)

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Michele
    Catawba County has its first COVID-19 case, in an assisted living facility. :'(
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Be as safe as you can, my friends. ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Beth - So sorry to hear about your dad. I hope the hospital can work out an arrangement for your mom. Hopefully, your brother is able to go and assist them even if he is 7 hours away which is probably now 6 hours since most should be off of the road.
    Prayers to you and your family.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Okie - I shiver at the thought of being in an airport or a plane. I think I would have opted for the long drive. But do realize not everyone is cut out for that type of road trip.