WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I did post my singing to Youtube I realized too late I should have titled it something other than simplegits turns out there are pages of this song on youtube. I could not go back in and rename I don't know if mfp will allow address I'll try. https://youtu.be/CjLqjK9NnA4 not going through.
    Success! Definitely using my time to acquire some new skills.

<3 Thank you! Love that song, one of my old favorites. Your church choir is lucky to have you! <3

Lanette
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    KjKelly- Were still new to the neighborhood no one knows us. My Family to God mom lives 1-4hours away from us. I lost all my friends getting pregnant late in life that’s why I made friends here y on my favorite game I play online. We are the caregivers of our parents we’re that age group where they lean on us more y more due their health issues. So we’re on our own just got us .At least hubby y me have each other better than nothing . Daughter has given me permission to cut up her clothes for him if needed to sew it to fit. She said grab a pair of pants cut the legs off tighten the draw strings even on her male joggers pants (good thing that before y after Navy she wears men’s pants mainly y carries a men’s wallet on a chain). I got a few sizes up but as we all know JR grows fast 💨 super fast he wears 6/7 boys sizes now . Daughter is a teen boys Medium. I’ll make it work hubby reminded me it’s summer luckily diaper only if need be.
    Luckily they have suspended evictions here. That should help.

Today the banks closed here so take a picture of a check y ATMs only. Not much open now at all. Stores have to offer curb side,shipping to homes if can,y self checkouts to stay open. Many will have to close if they can’t comply even with foods so yesterday y ones told too late will today their selling off their food stocks y closing shop.
    Gas stations ⛽️ who sell gas may remain open if no food inside they have to close the store only have card swiping pumps.

Mexico Borders are closing in a few days Border Patrol told hubby family choose a side stay on it you get 1 shot then can’t change your mind.

Heather- He looks so much like Trump I keep forgetting the mans not a president! I think Trumps Dad visited the U.K. on vacation or their twins separated at birth lol.Long lost cousins something. DNA testing time cause my goodness they look too similar for comfort. Hopefully they don’t act the same.

Checks- Hubby checked into it we’re $1 over so won’t be getting it. I don’t work so probably none for me not sure about JR will see. Hubby barely has any work so home much more for weeks now. When he does go out it’s small jobs or trying to find work. Hard for everyone tho he’s lucky to find what he has so far.

I don’t know how to count my foods at this point. I get a slice of homemade pizza I’m adding it like I did restaurant ones. Problem is so no waste letting JR eat 2 slices I eat what’s left of it. So do I count it as a slice or not ? Torn into pieces I can’t tell how many 1/2 3/8 ?? Percentages it is to do it exactly!
    How do we add bones 🦴 y meat scraps ?? Adding it as meat button I use when I have steak or chicken but it’s the scraps. Not sure how this works at all. Ugghh MFP needs to put out a how to add up recipes made up of scraps for the time being like Hubby Cheetos dust on the bottom of the bag he used- how many calories is that? New territory here.

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Margaret You sing like an angel. Thank you for posting that. And such pretty flowers.
    Is your son OK?

Michele
    NC closed sit-down restaurants and bars recently. Here is a county-by-county map of current C-19 cases in NC: It's spreading rapidly.

29cbkf85ckgy.png

Lanette Oh thank you! Love the door mat. LOL!!!

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Pizza 🍕-

q0uf6lrg8cn2.jpeg

I kind of did more a matzah bread recipe
    With spaghetti sauce lightly on top sprinkle cheese y 1/2 a piece of chicken shredded. Made a whole pizza used airfryer instruction booklets to see pizza cook times
    Not exactly like a pizza but food is food at this point.

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)MIchele, You asked if you should go to the soup kitchen since Vince is worried about your going. My suggestion to you is to look at all the places you go and cut them down to a few that are most important which might include the soup kitchen. I have figured out that I can get nearly everything I need at one grocery store although I may need to change brands or pay a bit more. I have to get dog food at Costco because the dogs eat a brand that is available only there. Prescriptions can be picked up at the drug store drive through. Otherwise I will go nowhere. One of my happiness commandments is "Always ask, how can my life be better with less". I am keeping a shopping list in preparation of a single trip to the grocery store next week to get everything I will need for the following two to three weeks.

:)Margaret, super singing and super song.

:)Annie, the step that takes the most energy is the one that takes you out the door. After that, it will feel better.

:) Dog walking and shower finished, Next is an hour of line dance in the hobby room.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »

Yes, I need TP as I do not stock up. I am looking at the 1.5 rolls I have and decided I will use a washcloth (I have quite a few) for #1 and TP for the rest. Yes, TMI. But really it is up to all of us to sacrifice now.

So, for the health of the world, please stay home. There are so many more lives at stake here and remember there really is only 6 degrees of separation from anyone. Most of us in the next week or so will know someone who is a confirmed case. Within my county alone we started with 4 cases late last week and we are now up to 96 and many more are suspected.

SuziQ - our moms and some of us actually used washcloths to clean up everything that came from our lower regions when we were babies, before the days of wet-wipes and disposable diapers.

Easy enough to rinse out under hot soapy water and toss into the wash. Or even dab with a sponge and hot water/soapy rinse. Maybe I've cleaned up after dogs for too long, lol. The "EEUUWW" feeling is long gone, :D.

Much better than using paper towels and napkins - I've seen this actually recommended (not by any one official). I think many septic lines and septic tanks are going to have problems dealing with tissue that isn't "septic safe". Plumbers and roto-rooter are considered "essential personnel". B)

Lanette

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Sharon Oh my gosh. Reading this made my stomach drop. I am so glad you are home and OK. Bowel strangulation is excruciating. Thank you for letting us know. I'm glad your daughter is nearby.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Sharon, I'm so sorry! Prayers to you and positive thoughts for a quick recovery.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sharon aka Trucker: I am so sorry you’ve had such a painful health problem. I can’t imagine the level of pain that you’ve had to endure. I hope it is never that awful again. :noway: Thank you for posting and letting us know your situation. I hope it improves rapidly. :flowerforyou:

I went to Walmart, Safeway, and IGA. Nobody has TP. We’re not out, but I wanted another package. People are hoarding. I’m thinking my getting one package wouldn’t qualify as hoarding. I am home for now and don’t plan to venture out any time soon.

I was able to get pain pills for the dog at our vet clinic. He takes one every day, more if needed. Mostly he seems to be managing pretty well with one a day, and CBD oil on a cookie now and then. It things get bad we can give him more.

Katla
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    “Sharon “Trucker- Glad you survived that stomach stuffs never fun big hugs be safe. Rest up.

Poor Debra CA who joined us day before this stuff hit us all is still on her military base working double shifts not sure if her Mom took in the baby or if base is helping her with care. She been passing out getting up repeating. She’s exhausted sure feels like it will never end. Hard on major virus areas nurses y Doctors right now.She’s in California.

Our member with virus contact still no coughing monitoring her whole family .

12 tonight Mexico border is closed. Hubby headed to the bank get us set up there have them explain how to use app checks to anything done he needs done. It’s his last chance.

Amber Tx

Dinner thinking Ramen noodles with a dash of spaghetti sauce (or plain unsure 😐 hard to record) top with cracker crumbs. Some jelly to dip big cracker bits. Crystal light tea ☕️ luckily I had a few packs of them hubby y me enjoying every sip. Adding 1/2glass water to 1/2 pitcher of crystal light to stretch it.
    Earlier pizza I made only enough left for hubby y JR.
    I’ll still have over 400cal left unsure what to eat to do that yet. I’m finagling it daily.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://apple.news/Aw_CpLHK-REugTg3dh78juQ

Hoping not all schools are not counting the online work the kids are working so hard to do.Call schools y ask or school district if you still can ask.

Amber Tx