WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday!
    Work could be crazy today.......hopefully folks are patient. The weather is calling for thunderstorms. Not good if we have to be outside. I think I will wear my butterfly rain boots. They make me smile and will keep my feet dry. We are staying steady which is better than some businesses, so for that I am thankful.

I promised husband I would list things on eBay for him this weekend. He has asked several evenings but I have been worn out. He has been patient. We are needing milk but should be okay this weekend. I really don't want to go to store on weekend.

Someone asked flavor/name of my fluffy dog. She is Sara. She is Great white Pyrenees mixed with Golden retriever. She is around 75 pounds and a teddy bear. She cleans her paws constantly and is rarely dirty. She is an old lady at 12.5 years. My in laws had Newfoundland dogs when I met my husband. They were larger than Sara and slobbered lots! But Alex and Bear were awesome! I am thankful for my Sara, but still not sure about when we might get more. I am sure that time will come as we have never been without a dog for longer than 2 months in 25 years. I do know when the time is right we will once again look at the shelters.

Just saw on the news that they think type A blood types are at more risk than type O according to ongoing research in Wuhan. Just found it interesting. They did say preliminary research, so don't panic.

When we started 2020 we all expected a year of change.........not so sure we could have dreamed up the changes currently happening in our crazy busy and normally mobile world. Activities that we took for granted. Freedoms we enjoyed. I am thankful that some have had a chance to slow down. I am hopeful that many will learn to be better citizens of their communities. 2020 will be a year to remember for sure.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of robberies, murders, etc on the news? Are they happening less or just not as important as Covid? I will say I am not missing the political commercials!

Better get ready for work and feed Miss Sara.
    I love all the tips, information, sharing, and caring you all provide.
    Stay safe!

Kylia
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka, Congratulations on becoming forever parents. What a beautiful kitty.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Machka Congratulations! Rhody looks like my grandson's foster fail: They call him all kinds of different names, so I don't know what his real name is. He's a purrmonster, too. 6330qun0kqvi.jpeg

>>>

One more for NYKAREN and hoping she and her family are OK:

Lovely kitten
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Machka Congratulations! I love kitties!

Tere I hope you find some relief. I love your husband's comment-lol! I was crying this past winter because I put on 3 pairs of jeans that wouldn't go over my backside. As I was lamenting that I got fat, he told me no I wasn't, the dryer shrunk my jeans! Bless his heart! I did remove those jeans from my closet!

Suzi sounds like a plan!

Off to work!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Karen - CONGRATULATIONS on the new role! <3

Machka- Lovely new cat. Just the right time. :D

I've made the scones (biscuits) and we are going to set out for our daily constitutional in a moment to take them over to them. The flowers I bought have arrived. I will post pics later.

Day is bright and sunny, but chilly and windy.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    I am starting to get feedback on the mask I am using. One person was concerned it contained fiberglass. The type of filter I am using does not. I would make me nervous if my furance filter contained fiberglass. That would mean fiberglass particles would be blowing around my house. Makes me want to double check the brand of furnace filter I buy.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the exercise tips! I will try to do a video with my phone tomorrow.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, Your new cat is beautiful. Congratulations.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    My mother is going shopping again. She says she is just going to pick up wipes at the dollar store. She would not let me go in her place. I told her she might well need to go to three or four stores to find wipes but she thinks I'm wrong. So hard to reason with her. She said she can fight off a virus. She will come back full of germs, wash her hands once, and feel fine so she will do it again. Nothing I can do. After the news last night she said she would stay home but that didn't last. She really shouldn't drive in the rain to begin with. So frustrated!
    Annie in Delaware

I feel your pain. Major agrument with DH because I went to grocery store instead of him. I bought the wrong kind of bagels. Once I calmed down after a walk. I told him their were only about ten bagels left and this was the only brand. New reality for awhile we may not get the brand we want, but to be grateful to find what we want at all. They were all out of eggs at the store I went to. Fortunately we didn't need them. We also have a neighbor who has a restaurant that had to close and they have 15 dozen eggs. He also wanted his kind of sweet roll. No go there either. One success is I found his rye bread. My DH is not good about washing his hands either. I posted a big sign as we enter our home saying WASH YOUR HANDS. The poster I saw in proper hand washing fits the song I posted a few weeks ago. I did forget one line. Thumb Thumb Thumbkin clean. you encircle your thumb and give it a good scrub.

I will put it on my list to make a video singing that song to wash your hands. I will check to see it might already be done. I did learn last night that my shares only go to my friends on FACEBOOK unless I designate the post to go public. I did this with my making of my face mask. I am learning somethng new everyday.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Hard since the new rules are not the same everywhere but our fur babies,feathered babies,y reptilian babies need us to care for them with in some areas less y less resources.
    na58cu661kan.jpeg
    xy1i3jhtdx6c.jpeg
    860exzkfcgl6.jpeg
    39u8nqr6isa7.jpeg
    jr4yzboyaxm7.jpeg
    kz0464dywwbw.jpeg
    27ejk7u67b9s.jpeg

I love black cats Ive owned so many of them y a few Oreo ones . Lol 😂 most people are superstitious but I find them to be the most loving to unique ones.

Cities to any town lucky enough to have one - Petco is still open can check with them when you bring your pet whether their still nail trimming to hair.
    -Vets a few have emergency phone numbers taking pets for elderly customers curb side on certain days to care for it (some cities their still open)
    - Animal shelters can call some are kind enough if you explain your age fear of cutting you don’t get the jerk there they will say come in will do it
    - If nothings available can let the nail grow out some more then cut the tip only when it’s that length again repeat.
    - Over grown nails on a dog or some elderly indoor cats that don’t have outdoor time on surfaces that they can wear it down with can become dangerously over grown after a certain amount of time. Since we’re the honorable pet owners many have had their nails done enough that it can go a little longer if need be before a trim. If their too long can split or curve into the pad even make walking difficult.If you never had to get it done but no longer able to take long walks due to new rules in your area may have never been a problem but could be now. If you scheduled it every certain number of appointments with a vet you know your pet falls in that category after 1 missed appointment even.

Amber Tx

Can google your birds to reptiles 🦎 nail/beak cutting guidelines for certain species.