WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Ginny in Ohio My Machatainista Vicky is an old warrior who has dealt with multiple sclerosis for half her life. She is about 70 now. Some days when you ask her how she's doing, she'll say, "Oh, it's one of my FOGgy days. I'm a little MeSsy." Meaning her MS is flaring. She sees each flare as an "F-ing Opportunity for Growth. (FOG) I love her. She refuses to own a wheelchair. When she needs one she rents it.

Remind me what your government organization is in charge of? Busy transition for you. FOGgy days, as Vicky would say.

>>>

Here's a little Zen for anyone who would like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQRDv3HtmUA

>>>

Karen in Virginia

• KetoneKaren
    Options
    Pip I've been thinking about you & Kirby, as well as the others who have a vulnerable spouse. Do you have the type of job that can be done remotely? I know you are still biking in to work each day & just wondered. <3
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Ginny - Big hug to you and all of the planning it has taken to keep services going for those in need. I cannot imagine the stress you and your team have been under. You have done a tremendous job getting things organized so folks can be remote and scheduling pick up times.

It does take some time for everyone to get in the groove of remote working. It sounds like you have it under control. I have found having at least one weekly team meeting via WebEx is a great way in making sure everyone feels connected and on task. Since this is so new I would almost suggest a daily call. Even if there is no work to discuss the meetings are a way for people to have some type of outlet.

And, I so agree with you. Efficiencies and process improvement will definitely be an upside as will emergency planning.

As for Charlie. He was an English professor and was used to a lot of downtime. He used to follow my lead when it came to anything requiring a plan and we were very good at entertaining ourselves. As I mentioned there have been quite a few hurricanes we lived through so we were quite used to living without electricity, electronic devices, etc.. He was a comedian of sorts. Oh, the laughs. The hardest part of this for me is I am a care giver and being without a partner and childless makes me feel a little out of balance because I only have myself to worry about and that is simply not my nature.

For signatures you may want to look in to Adobe. They have a product that will encrypt signatures. It may be difficult since I know most government entities love their paper. :smile: But, it may be something to look in to for the future.

Enjoy your weekend and be sure to get some well-deserved R&R!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,247 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Am I low on TP. Yes. I have a workaround. Flea, lucky you with the bidet - my shower is right next to my toilet so that will be my other workaround.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL

Can you not order some to be delivered?

M in Oz

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Am I low on TP. Yes. I have a workaround. Flea, lucky you with the bidet - my shower is right next to my toilet so that will be my other workaround.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL

Can you not order some to be delivered?

M in Oz

Believe it or not people are still hoarding it here. As soon as it is on the shelf it is gone. We cannot place an online order for it as it shows as out of stock. This is true for Amazon too (which I do not support).

I am conserving it as best as I can, hence the #1 and the rest use plan right now. I figure by the end of next week things will even out and the crazy TP hoarders will start worrying about something else. Heck, if there is no food there will be no use for the TP - LOL!

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Last night Amazon still had TP available. It is multi packs of individually wrapped rolls, but it is available.

Okie
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    Machka I have not found any TP available online.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,247 Member
    Options
    Machka I have not found any TP available online.

We can order it, and get it, but we can only order 1 pack at a time. So the last 2 weeks I've received 24-roll packs. The week before that, they were out of stock. But I had a full 24-roll pack to begin with + about 8 rolls. About every 6 days, I place a full grocery order and hope to get a package of toilet paper in it.

I've also ordered, and received a couple boxes of tissues (like Kleenex) each week, and a package of 2 paper towel rolls each week as well.

I wish I could send you and Suzi some! I walked through the grocery store today and could have picked up 24 or maybe 48 rolls! I've found going just before closing is the time when they start to appear. :)

Oh also, small places seem to have them ... small grocery shops, small chemists, dollar-type stores, etc.

M in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)