Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What worked for you today?

Replies

• lolly2414lolly2414 Member Posts: 187 Member Member Posts: 187 Member
    Splitting my exercise between morning and evening, instead of just one evening session. I'm burning about 30% more calories that way.
  • imgwendolyn2015imgwendolyn2015 Member, Premium Posts: 96 Member Member, Premium Posts: 96 Member
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    Listened to a great podcast about fitness and it re framed my mindset. I don't feel so overwhelmed now and will continue to trust this process.

Do you recall the name of the podcast? I would like to listen as well!

Yes- so I preface this by saying it is Shaun T- however the podcasts are free and he only mentions his programs a few times + his advertisements that probably pay for the podcast. I wouldn't share if it was just a giant ad though :)

Podcast Name: Trust and Believe with Shaun T
    Episode 234 Finishing Strong
    Episode 222- How to mentally get through a tough workout
    Episode 216- 12 ways to stay committed all year
    Episode 214- three things to do after your workout for success

All of them are really good and got me back in the right mental headspace.

Thank you!
  • imgwendolyn2015imgwendolyn2015 Member, Premium Posts: 96 Member Member, Premium Posts: 96 Member
    Lack of motivation for exercising yesterday afternoon but knew I was going out with friends for dinner so I wanted to make sure I had some extra exercise calories available. I did the work out, a little half halfheartedly, but got it done.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,287 Member Member Posts: 1,287 Member
    Personal schedules and household schedules.

Girlfriend told me she has to get up for 8:30 am zoom classes starting next week. I don't have to work too hard to help her get fed, dressed, caffeinated, and ready to pay attention by then, cause I already have a morning schedule in place, I just have to slide the times about a half hour earlier.
  • veggiepatveggiepat Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    Walking in the heat and doing a zumba workout.
  • colieblossomcolieblossom Member Posts: 77 Member Member Posts: 77 Member
    I got pleasure from getting my cleaning and work out done today. I resisted the desert. Instead I had 2 sugarless lolipops.
  • veggiepatveggiepat Member Posts: 121 Member Member Posts: 121 Member
    Got new dvd's from Gina B. Up to the Beat Fitness, and did binge exercise sessions over the weekend, instead of doing food binges. Woo Hoo!
  • kevin95630kevin95630 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    What helps for me is to come on this board to engage rather than FB or tweeter.

I drink my own concoction of Sodastream no-cal, which really helps me to satisfy my need to "treat" myself. Carbonation make even plain water seem special for me. I add their flavor drops which do not add sweetener. But if I want more, I'll have various recipes that incorporate concentrated green tea, cayenne pepper, lemon or lime juice, and when I want to add sweetener, I use their diet lemon-lime (don't judge please, I know all about the debate over artificial sweeteners, the question was about what I do...). The lemon-lime seems to be a good general purpose base upon which to build.

Apart from that, I really do find that reading through this board helps me to focus on what's important, helps distract me from emotional eating and the stress-inducing discussions on FB.

We have horrific air quality due to the nearby fires, so indoor exercise while running a couple of HEPA filters 24/7 helps with that.

Be kind to yourselves. Love each other. Laugh often, from the belly.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,287 Member Member Posts: 1,287 Member
    What worked for me today.... was not being on a "diet". It was terribly hot and humid today, and I looked at the kitchen and said, "Oh, I can't even." So we went to the local diner and picked up sandwiches. I wasn't even thinking about what I can eat and can't due to allergies, cause that's second nature now. And I wasn't looking at things to see if I could have them on my current food plan, because I can have anything on my current food plan. (And I knew whatever sandwich I got I could probably only handle having half a sandwich, anyway. I have shrunk my stomach a lot.) But I didn't have to worry about it. And that made it easier.

Individually wrapped things also works for me today. I may be better at portioning now, but I don't trust myself and that way I have to unwrap if I want more, and that's enough of a cue for me to wait.