Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What worked for you today?

Replies

• LAT1963LAT1963 Member, Premium Posts: 1,369 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,369 Member
    Steel-cut oatmeal made with whole milk, honey, and cardamom, with a side of cantaloupe, for breakfast. (about 540 cals)
    edited September 9
  • pgwebu2pgwebu2 Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
    what worked for me today is ditching my oatmeal and saving those calories for my yummy pinto beans.I love them so always downsize other meals to accomodate them
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 378 Member Member Posts: 378 Member
    I have logged a yummy tartufo for dessert this evening and will now work my calorie planning around it.
  • lorrieannoberrylorrieannoberry Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    being back at work and now getting to work out with gals is what works for me and using this app. When i don't i cheat.
  • mytyglotzmytyglotz Member Posts: 1,022 Member Member Posts: 1,022 Member
    I am grateful for energy and vitality. Considering I didn't get as much shut-eye last night, I was surprised by the (ever-so slight) boost in energy I felt this morning. I am grateful I took the time to stick to my routine of morning movement and am able to enjoy an invigorating exercise session from the comfort of my own home.

**Edit: Oh. This is a much more trivial thing, but I am also thankful that Amazon's Whole Foods carrier delivered the vitamins I had ordered earlier than anticipated (especially because I've been out of them for a few months now!!)
    edited September 14
  • alexmosealexmose Member Posts: 691 Member Member Posts: 691 Member
    making exercise a priority, even if I have to split up the workouts into small segments

I have done 3, 10 min sessions a day!
  • briscogunbriscogun Member Posts: 922 Member Member Posts: 922 Member
    ac204 wrote: »
    Planning ahead! I was going to a celebration dinner so I ate light for breakfast and lunch to have extra calories for eating out.
    MsEllaTY wrote: »
    Having safe snacks around worked well when I got home for work and was really hungry and had to make food. It makes it easier to not eat something I shouldn't.

You took the words out of my mouth!

I experienced both of these today! So I pre-logged my dinner (after eating breakfast and lunch) but was STARVING in the afternoon. But, because I had planned ahead and brought healthy snacks to work (I keep a small fridge under my desk), and because I knew I had extra room in my calories today because I had logged ahead, I could get my snacks on with no worries!

Planning ahead is one of the best strategies!
  • lorigoesveganlorigoesvegan Member Posts: 28 Member Member Posts: 28 Member
    What worked for me today was taking the time to plan out my meals this week and actually meal prepping and pre-logging them in my food diary.

Also, drinking ALL of the water (128oz today!) helped curbed any desire to snack when I was actually hungry
  • starrjulia8starrjulia8 Member Posts: 110 Member Member Posts: 110 Member
    periodically with a broccoli and chicken day/or salad lunch day I have a bag of chips with lunch. I eat half and wrap up the other half and give it to co worker to hide. If it stays at my desk I will get hungry and eat it. I believe in snacking healthy snacking. I have almonds, craisins, carrot stick, cantaloupe, fiber one cinnamon bars, low calories and I bring 4 to 5 at work. I interchange it with lots of water. This works for me. I even time my snacking so I don't eat them all at 230pm and starving at 445pm. I just limit the chips. Have it with a healthy lunch later in the week.
    edited September 16
  • LloydSevLloydSev Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    What worked for me today was staying away from carbs.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,099 Member Member Posts: 1,099 Member
    Knowing that tomorrow is a new day, and treating myself with love and understanding tonight.
  • zafiroazulzafiroazul Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member
    What worked for me today was declining a dinner out and opting to cook a healthy meal at home.
  • charmmethcharmmeth Member Posts: 378 Member Member Posts: 378 Member
    LloydSev wrote: »
    What worked for me today was staying away from carbs.

This shows just how individual this is: what has worked for me in the last few weeks has been getting my carbs back up to 45-50% of calories and my fat down to 30-35% of calories. (I only realised recently that 1g of carbs or protein is 4 calories while 1 g of fat is 9 calories.)

• Ges220Ges220 Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member Member, Premium Posts: 17 Member
    making exercise a priority, even if I have to split up the workouts into small segments

alexmose wrote: I have done 3, 10 min sessions a day!

I don't normally post - which is why my "quoting" looks weird but I appreciate this thread today. I have not stopped working 'face to face' since March so the stress and long days have definitely added pounds. Plus my cardio drive is even harder bc by myself I tend to not go harder bc I only have 30 minutes or less. BUT I am back on a 'normal' schedule and back on MFP. I am inspired to get in mini workout sessions and stick to my food logging. Thank you.