Calorie Counter

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What worked for you today?

Replies

• lcharpentier2lcharpentier2 Member Posts: 194 Member Member Posts: 194 Member
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    I'm recommitting to my health today, and one thing that worked well for me was planning to split my calories into 3 meals and 1-2 snacks.

I'm going to try to update this thread daily so that I remember to capture the positives. I invite all of you to do the same.
    I tried optifast but just couldn't do it Now i'm following what they sugest when finished meals 3 a day at 300 calories. Plus two 150 calorie snacks. I'm on my third day and finding it hard to get all my calories. Good luck to you.
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Steel-cut oatmeal made with whole milk, honey, and cardamom, with a side of cantaloupe, for breakfast. (about 540 cals)
    Have you ever tried refrigerator oats oatmeal with yogurt and I add blueberries and make a bunch and if I don't know what to have for a snack I have that. It's good.
    Good for you Alexandra great loss
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,398 Member Member Posts: 1,398 Member
    Feeling my jeans get a good bit looser all of a sudden, even if the scale is still showing a plateau. That comforts me. I'll see it on the scale in good time.
  • Bluetail6Bluetail6 Member, Premium Posts: 950 Member Member, Premium Posts: 950 Member
    Got in my workout :smile:
  • seilidheseilidhe Member Posts: 382 Member Member Posts: 382 Member
    New to this topic... But the inspiration from all of you is amazing! I'm not sure what will work for me today since I'm just getting started, but three times in the past week I've been able to run (relative term ;):p:D ) a slow mile without walking. My weight loss has slowed dramatically in the past month and I know it's my own doing. So, those three miles (plus the additionally walked ones) are as good motivation as anything else to keep me on track. :)
    edited September 21
  • AwesomeSquirrelAwesomeSquirrel Member Posts: 508 Member Member Posts: 508 Member
    I did some food prep yesterday which will make it pretty much effortless to stay on plan with my meals this week. I don’t do the whole pre-portioned thing but I’ve prepared the main component to be reheated and then just doing a quick salad and rice when it’s time to eat.
  • chess_on_a_journeychess_on_a_journey Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member
    Last night I prepped my lunches for the week. Not having lunch is a big thing for me since my job does't allow for me to leave (only one working on site right now :| So I usually end up ordering some sort of takeout and I would rather not do that even if it so called healthy. I don't know how they are preparing it. So meal prepping is something that works for me.