Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Re the toilet paper..one time I read that someone couldn’t believe how much tp & coffee they went thru after retiring. Would be the same with everyone home.

TMI

My husband has IBS and works full time. Regarding TP, well, let's just say when he's home there's a considerable difference in usage 😄
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Actually its the Russians saying that. The British population are being told he is in hospital for tests and is still running the country from his hospital bed. This is as of 6-00 oclock News. (18-00 hrs UK Time)
  • mph323
    Options
    Well shoot, we have 24 confirmed cases now in my city (pop ~60,000). :(
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Just turned to News 24. Yes he has been transferred ti ICU. Yes, it has been plan all day that there is a successor in place so the government is not going to fall apart. if we believe what we are told. We now should have a functioning oppositon leader in the House when they all get back.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Wear a mask, dont wear a mask. We suggest you wear a mask, but not surgical mask, just throw some cloth over your face. But you dont have to wear any mask at all. If you do wear a mask, it will NOT protect you from others. But we still "suggest" you wear a mask, but really, you dont have to.

WTF Canadian politicians!!!!!!

Yup... lol..
  • mph323
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Wear a mask, dont wear a mask. We suggest you wear a mask, but not surgical mask, just throw some cloth over your face. But you dont have to wear any mask at all. If you do wear a mask, it will NOT protect you from others. But we still "suggest" you wear a mask, but really, you dont have to.

WTF Canadian politicians!!!!!!

I agree the advice changes every day or two and depends on who is giving it (and not just in Canada). The purpose of the general public wearing masks of any kind though isn't to protect oneself from becoming infected, but to give some level of protection to others in case you are infected and asymptomatic.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    So this is... frustrating.
    Up to this point, all the "official" numbers for Virginia have been coming from the Virginia Dept of Health. At last count, they announced that 497 people in total had been hospitalized due to covid-19 so far in VA.

Now the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association has gotten their reporting up and running. And in their first release today, they announced 538 current hospitalizations due to covid-19, which is already 41 more than the health dept's total. But they also noted 656 patients hospitalized who are suspected to have covid-19 awaiting test results! WTH guys.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Actually its the Russians saying that. The British population are being told he is in hospital for tests and is still running the country from his hospital bed. This is as of 6-00 oclock News. (18-00 hrs UK Time)

That may be true for the time stamp you mention but it’s on the BBC News right now in the U.K. 🙄

I saw it in the Guardian app too, right around the time you originally posted.