Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Lol is that seriously why some people hit disagree? Cause of a typo?? LoL...
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    @snowflake954 thanks for all your updates, they've been really helpful. What masks did you order? How did you decide which one to go for? I'm in the UK and, looking on Amazon, the vast majority look to be identical blue ones (but at differing prices / pack sizes) although there are a few alternatives. They all seem to be coming from China and most have a delivery range of between 25th April and 5th May.

I have to be honest. There were so many different types to choose from, and I'm no expert. My son kept insisting "which one, Mom!?", so I just told him to get the one with the most stars, and I liked the description that they presented. They're mono use, but I know the rest of the family is not going to go for sterilizing, changing filters, etc.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    So... how about that hot beverage?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    I have a question............where is the logic of shutting down certain aisles in stores such as WalMart? I'm sure their reasoning is sound, but everybody I've talked with says the same thing. Now they're going to be shoving more people into less room/ Unless they're also limiting number of consumers? And toys? I know adults are on the prowl for new and different things to do; wouldn't it make sense kids might be getting ultra bored too? Wouldn't buying toys be as essential as, oh say,....stocking up on soda, chips, or something?

No disagreeing necessary, just asking a question for opinions. :)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile

They aren't making her take sick leave; they are making her take vacation time--sick leave wouldn't have upset her nearly as much; its forcing her to use up all her vacation time for the year that has her angry, and I don't blame her for it.

And trust me, this girl catches everything coming and going and ends up severely sick just about every time. If she gets COVID-19, she will get a severe case - she is definitely one of the vulnerable people they warn about it, especially as she's been dealing with medical issues for the last 2 years, so she's worn down now as it is physically.

My question is, if you don't have any of the symptoms and also test negative, why should you still assume you may have it? what is the point of testing or publishing symptom lists, then? How would we ever rule out anyone having it and make it safe for them to be in public?
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Going back to animals testing positive - is this now a risk to consider? Our neighbor’s dog comes over often to play with our dog (both neighbor dogs actually)... do I need to worry that our dog could share COVID either direction?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Many Car insurance companies giving discounts since everyone's staying home just call check they'll lower or refund portion of your payments

https://apple.news/AMVdWHpvMSpCKuIHWDOOj7Q

More than 15 years ago, when I changed jobs and traded a 50-mile daily roundtrip commute for walking + public transit, and told my insurance company, they raised my rates, even though I was going to be driving about 12,000 miles less per year. Their justification was that accidents per non-work-commute mile were higher than accidents per work-commute mile. I pointed out that I wasn't driving anymore non-commuting miles than I had been. The only change was the elimination of 12,000 commuting miles per year. It took a lot of going back and forth with my repeatedly pointing out the illogic of their policy before I finally got them to see the light by pointing out that while I had up to then been very happy with their service, I wasn't stupid enough to pay more for less, and there were other insurance companies that might want my business. And my homeowners policy, as well, of course (they insured both).

Unfortunately insurance rates are determined by adjusters who look at data only, not individual circumstances. Good for you to keep pressing on the issue to make them see you, not your data.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Going back to animals testing positive - is this now a risk to consider? Our neighbor’s dog comes over often to play with our dog (both neighbor dogs actually)... do I need to worry that our dog could share COVID either direction?

This might help. Still so many unknowns right now. That Tiger story was interesting and then I saw stories that only cats can get it but that appears to not be true either.

https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

This may sound like an over-reaction, but that's the assumption I've been going with for my own dog -- that he could potentially get it from me or I could get it from him.