Coronavirus prep

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    God love people here...

-- now 4 more people at ths nursing home my company owns have covid.

-- a pizza place employee, despite delivery only here, tested positive and now there is potential contamination for their co workers and anyone who ordered food..

-- an 18 and 19 year old were just charged 3000+ dollars in fines for stunting, driving a car 140km per hour in a 90km zone and not obeying social distancing..

-- two more nursing homes also have more positive tests.

My mom and grandmother ordered chinese then other day and all I could think was what if someone who made their food has it... everyone has to go grocery shopping at some point... 4 grocery stores have already had people who work there test positive... why increase the risk with takeout food

This sounds like my province. Are you in Halifax?
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Why yes I am lol
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Why yes I am lol

I just saw the stunting thing on the news. I'm in Sydney.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    I cant believe those kids.. how reckless.
    So young too, imagine being that age and killing someone or even your friend because of your stupid.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Lol... I'm glad I cant see any parks here but that being said, anyone in a park or on a trail or whatever if caught gets fined and their car is towed... so.. it's probably not as bad here but I'd be full on rage on the inside watching those people
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    What country are you in? And I wish people were getting fined.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    I'm in nova scotia Canada, I dont know if that applies to all provinces in state of emergency but here, anything provincial, if you're there you're fined, and were told that if you have to drive somewhere to take a walk or something like that, you shouldnt be there. Stay in your community for walks
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Heh heh ...suckers 🤣
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Lol... not covid related but I was on youtube and this video was on my feed of a 600lbs guy, and of course, youtube comments are always disgusting but this one guy lol... omg.. I had to close the video cause my urge to correct him was so awful

He claims he was 300 pounds and lost 150 pounds in 3 months... and that fat people just make excuses.

And I'm thinking.. that's 12lbs per week lol
    ....thats a 6250 calorie deficit per day...
    Ain't no way in hell that is even real.. lol.. and yet 47 people clicked thumbs up lol...

It amazes me how someone can make a fake story, simply to put down fat people lol

It would slow down as he got closer to 150 lbs., but very obese people can lose weight really really fast early on. Someone who is 600 lbs. or 300 lbs. (I'm unclear which as you said 600 at first, then 300) has a very high BMR even when sedentary. In the absence of anything unusual that makes a difference, it would make sense that he could have lost almost that quickly if he did the right things.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    lkpducky wrote: »
    It's Barbra Streisand's fault because she sang about "April snow" :p

And all this time I thought the Streisand Effect was something completely different. ;)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Easter party 🎈at homes (parks closed) here the cops kept running them off they wait come right back or go to another home. One neighbor has 20cars the cops ran them off an hour before their was only 4 cars then. Went in the backyard was so loud neighbors out everywhere sounded like a school carnival 🎡. Wasn’t all the houses but the ones barbecuing had tons of friends besides family over (I could understand a couple family members depending who). One stole a broken treadmill from the yard... hubby got scared he was organizing the garage we thought it was the good one at first. Relief to know they hauled off the trash lol 😆. Wish I could see their faces when they plug it in lol.

Garage looks great we organized door closed at the end Opened garage hauled to the curb all we could ,but had to move a stove y treadmill by the cars to do it.We put the working stove they didn’t steal back in the garage. Hubby went inside for trash sacks that’s all the time they needed.

In our area some jurisdictions are asking people to please not do spring cleaning at this time and have already cancelled "large-item" haul-aways that residents are entitled to request about four times a year. Some things they would normally take with regular pickup are being left, as well. I guess they're having some staffing issues, and also are trying to eliminate situations where multiple workers have to get together to move something large.