Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    No citations only warnings. tyvapdxgfugc.jpeg

They gave out information pamphlets too . Looked was so many couldn’t even find my streets parties. Was so many pages it’s unreal even a Truck Rally!

Some were repeat calls due to the parties restarting when they left
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited April 2020
    Options
    wkvbgxwvhdr7.jpeg
    See no tickets 🎫

Some had left before cops got there
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    I wonder how 38 calls/9 violations observed compares to normal in San Antonio. That seems low for one evening in a larger city. I'm sure we had way more overall, and yet the only thing I observed/heard was some fireworks.

We are issuing tickets (and I am in favor), but one wonders how much that helps as (at least in some areas) people likely just won't pay the tickets, and it's not like putting more people in jail is going to happen (especially as there are outbreaks in jail).
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Total Was 264 calls /82 violations observed many of the calls read they got to scene didn’t see anything. SAPD stands for SanAntonio Police Department. DSD the one you read is the San Antonio Developmemt Services Department.

I was surprised they didn’t ticket. The normal for no pandemic on a holiday is packed parks with no reason on to breath,packed restaurants, packed tourist areas,bbq every yard,etc etc with trash left behind to scare even a hoarder. For a pandemic with rules saying no gatherings larger than 10 y social distancing was a higher call of volumes than needed to be. Doubt every street was called in. Just My street has over 6 houses at my end of the street full of friends visitors in large numbers. By the time cops arrived a few had left only 1 home was visited by the cops. Our zip code cases went up since last night. I’m more interested in 1-2week from nows Numbers will they double? Triple? Or same pace as it has been?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,966 Member
    Options
    Wow... I just read that a woman here just died at age 111!! That's sad and incredible at the same time
    Of coronavirus? Or other causes?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Another update from the Emerald Isle, Thursday afternoon we had an update from Taoiseach (Prime Minister) as our lockdown was previously meant to be until Easter Sunday, they've now extended the measures for a further 3 weeks and deferred school leaving exams until Jul/Aug.

We are still permitted to take exercise within a 2km radius of our homes and essential services remain open including public transport to a very limited degree.

I expect the measures may be extended again for a least a few weeks, as they are still struggling to get adequate testing/results in place to cope with the numbers. At present we've just over 10500 cases and 365 dead, doesn't seem much when you compare it to the likes of the USA/China/Italy/Spain but we have a population of less than 5 million in the Republic, so it's quite the impact.

PS I'd like to say thanks to @snowflake954 for the updates out of Italy, I took your advice and ordered a mask, with some filters (not surgical level, I'd prefer to leave them available for the professionals but better than nothing and I'd rather be safe than sorry) just in case we do follow suit, as expected, they'll take some time to get here but hopefully should have them in a couple of weeks.

That is quite the impact. My US state, Wisconsin, has a similar population although we are twice the size in area. As of yesterday, 3428 cases and 154 deaths. Our governor is taking it seriously (although you may have heard the legislators are not, refusing to allow our election day to be moved).

Is the virus taking a similar path? Our two largest metropolitan areas have the highest numbers (as a percentage of population) and the rural areas have low numbers, some counties not having any confirmed cases.