Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    smithker75 wrote: »
    ok6qhxmt0tq2.jpg
    Our (Australian) Prime Minister has just announced the 3 stage process for return to business which is expected to be complete by July. States and Territories have the authority to roll out these stages independently.
    My organisation has already decided to maintain working from home for at least a few months yet as it is working quite well for us (I'm in QLD).

I don’t see houses of worship on the plan - is that not as controversial a thing there as it is in the States? How is it being handled?

ygca5uejfnjb.png

No it hasnt really been controversial here - has been accepted as neccesary like closing of any other mass gatherings

What has been controversial about it in US?

It is up to each state to interpret and implement the guidelines within their own state - here in SA, attendance at worship places has been banned (as in every other state) but priests/ministers etc were allowed to preach to nobody and livestream their services.

as of May 11th people can attend worship services at churches,mosques etc with no more than 10 people attending at any one time (excluding persons conducting the service) and social distancing and density rules still apply.
    Conducters of services to keep record of attendees for potential contact tracing purposes.

This record of attendees rule also applies to other official non religious gatherings - eg civil weddings,(10 guests maximum) funerals (20 guests maximum indoors, 30 outdoors) people going to libraries, house auctions, outdoor dining etc .

• lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,755 Member
    Options
    Italy here. For those of you interested in a Corona vaccine, we've got a tentative timeline. As I've mentioned before, Italy got the virus isolated in a lab early because of two Chinese tourists that came down with the virus in Rome. The virus was isolated and a vaccine is in the works in an important lab outside Rome. This lab is very reputable--they worked on an Ebola vaccine. They are working with a lab in Oxford, it's a co-project. This morning the director of our lab was interviewed. Bear with me, I'm in art, and no scientist. He said that they are already testing on 110 volunteers. This testing will finish at the end of May. Then testing will begin on 3000 people. This is to study any adverse reactions and how well the vaccine performs. This stage will finish in September. If all goes well then the vaccine will go into production. When will it be ready? This is the big question, of course. He said that obviously it will take time to produce enough for everyone that needs it. It will be ready by the end of the year. He said the first to be vaccinated will be health workers and law enforcement. The next up will be the most vunerable. He expects that producing a vaccine will be a worldwide effort.

@snowflake954 this? https://www.irbm.com/news/the-jenner-institute-signs-an-agreement-with-advent-to-develop-a-novel-coronavirus-vaccine/
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Italy here. For those of you interested in a Corona vaccine, we've got a tentative timeline. As I've mentioned before, Italy got the virus isolated in a lab early because of two Chinese tourists that came down with the virus in Rome. The virus was isolated and a vaccine is in the works in an important lab outside Rome. This lab is very reputable--they worked on an Ebola vaccine. They are working with a lab in Oxford, it's a co-project. This morning the director of our lab was interviewed. Bear with me, I'm in art, and no scientist. He said that they are already testing on 110 volunteers. This testing will finish at the end of May. Then testing will begin on 3000 people. This is to study any adverse reactions and how well the vaccine performs. This stage will finish in September. If all goes well then the vaccine will go into production. When will it be ready? This is the big question, of course. He said that obviously it will take time to produce enough for everyone that needs it. It will be ready by the end of the year. He said the first to be vaccinated will be health workers and law enforcement. The next up will be the most vunerable. He expects that producing a vaccine will be a worldwide effort.

@snowflake954 this? https://www.irbm.com/news/the-jenner-institute-signs-an-agreement-with-advent-to-develop-a-novel-coronavirus-vaccine/

Yes, this is it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Lol...someone is on a disagree spree...
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Of course in IL liquor and recreational marijuana retailers have been deemed essential and open through all of this.

I think liquor has been deemed essential in every state with closures. I know it was the case here in MN as well.

Pretty screwed up priorities IMO and I drink.

In IL it's pretty irrelevant as grocery stores are open and delivery is largely open and liquor (of all kinds) is available both ways.

When our stores reopened three weeks ago, the liquor shelves were emptied or completely covered over. Then that restriction was finally removed this week.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Grocery store are limiting amount of meat one can buy on a trip, results in more trip to store?