Coronavirus prep

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    ElioraFR wrote: »
    Yes, I did read that information. Did you know that there are rat farms in Vietnam? That the demands of the cuisine in China and elsewhere mean that there are bat and rat farms in asia? What do you think about the fact that there are many Sars type viruses that live in bats and they are sold in open markets in Asia every day?

I'm not here to demand anything or condemn anyone, just would like to know if your philosophy for animal species extends to the extreme circumstances of asia and its effect on the coming possiblilty of mor Pandemic virus infection?

So, in the beginning of Covid-19 a lot of info came into the news about it originating from eating bats. Then many news articles pooh-poohed that idea. With all the unknowns about this virus I just assumed nobody really know how it all started or what truths to listen to. Are you telling me(maybe I missed it somewhere?) that it did indeed originate from wet markets?
    Doesn't every country have intelligent doctors telling people not to eat this or that? It's probably a very bad idea? They pull things from being sold when something is known to be uhhh....deadly?
    I know I'm very naive but sometimes I gotta wonder how/why the world works the way it does.

Nothing I have seen ever suggested transmission came from eating bats. Rather transmission came from being in close proximity to live bats (or some other animal that theoretically was an intermediary in the transmission process). I'm assuming people are not eating live bats.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    There was NIH funded "gain-of-function" research on bat coronavirus as the Wuhan lab. I would not reject the idea that pangolin and bat coronaviruses may have been mixed, but I would suspect knowing the research was going on that it was not by nature.

I haven't seen any proof (not that it would be released), but it is a well reported fact that the exact type of research was going on. It was controversial research because of the exact outcome we have going on right now.

I see no need to vilify animals.

But we have an emotional need to deny the "gain-of-function" research activity.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Right there with you on all points, Janejellyroll.
  • ElioraFR
    ElioraFR Posts: 91 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    x02a50mmoyjv.png

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻💖💞💕💜
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    On the news today it was reported that a resident of LaCrosse WI (border city with MN) who had Covid 3 months ago, may be reinfected now. They are trying to determine whether it’s a reinfection or a flare up of the previous infection. It was also reported there is a similar case reported in Kentucky Tuesday. I wonder how this affects antibody theories?