Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Ladies of mfp

How do you feel about traditional gender roles - should the man pay for everything all the time ? Should it be a 50/50 split -

50/50 but me and the gf also do the “if it’s your idea, you pay” unless we wanna mutually go ya know like stated above. We tried the just paying this time and you pay next but who is keeping track? Both of us ended feeling like we picked up the check most so I try for 50/50 on everything so nobody feels taken advantage of.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Ladies of mfp

How do you feel about traditional gender roles - should the man pay for everything all the time ? Should it be a 50/50 split -

I don't think a man should pay everything. When I go to the restaurant I pick up the tab sometimes too.

I’m of the thought. If ill pay for dinner she pays for the movie or bowling or whatever else we do ? Was different when I was a teenager with no responsibility- but now 3 kids and other bills i don’t think it’s a dick move 🤷‍♂️

I don't think it's a dick move at all. I truely believe it should be 50/50. Everyone works hard for their money and has bills to pay.

I agree. I have the thought that first 1-2 dates the guy should generally pay. Not that it has to be fancy, by any means. By the time a couple is exclusive and certainly in a long-term situation, I think they ought to take turns and both pay for things. Me and my husband started that from like 2 weeks in because I dragged him to another city to help me move! I sure as heck didn't expect him to pay for his meals or anything in that situation.

Not sure, but I also think some of it could be generational...I'm 43, Gen X, and would be confused if a guy didn't pay on the first date. It would make me think he considered it more like a friend hangout or something.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Ladies...

What are some of the ways you'll test a guy to see if he's interested?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

What are you some of the ways you'll test a guy to see if he's interested?

i think i know at least one good indicator but gonna wait n see how they respond first
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Ladies...

i think i know at least one good indicator but gonna wait n see how they respond first

Online... Sometimes I will purposely let you be the last one to text that day... And wait to see if you text first in the morning... 🙈😂

If so... 🎣😏
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Ladies...

"What do you want to name our fifth born?"

9U95G9z.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Ladies...

"What do you want to name our fifth born?"

Andromedaus...
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Ladies of mfp

I dont mind paying sometimes but the first few dates I expect him to pay.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Ladies...

I don’t purposely test anyone but a good measure of his interest is if he makes the first moves. I expect a guy who is really interested to call me every day. If he doesn’t, we won’t continue dating. I need a guy to show me he is very interested.

You said previously that you’re a talker on the phone - this is rare in this day and age - so do you drop this knowledge on. First date and he should pick up on it - or are you ok with a good morning text every day until he’s fully aware of your preference of phone conversation?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Ladies...

I don’t purposely test anyone but a good measure of his interest is if he makes the first moves. I expect a guy who is really interested to call me every day. If he doesn’t, we won’t continue dating. I need a guy to show me he is very interested.

It takes two to make it out of sight 💕
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Ladies of mfp

I dont mind paying sometimes but the first few dates I expect him to pay.

My two cents....

Women spend a lot of money on clothes, cosmetics, haircare etc.

The cost of a night out should be the guys responsibility & the expenses of dating kind of even out in the end.

Valid point I agree - but a single dad with 3 kids ain’t cheap either right , so is there no middle ground ? You’re hard core dude pays? I’m not arguing btw just curious man
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

Ask him. :lol: I'm one of those that has always made the first moves.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    OMG SO GLAD THIS THREAD IS BACK!!!!!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    Ladies...

Online... Sometimes I will purposely let you be the last one to text that day... And wait to see if you text first in the morning... 🙈😂

If so... 🎣😏

BAHAHAHA
    I have done this too.....
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

Ooof, "test?" Not a fan of that approach. At. All.

If we're engaged in convo and I feel he's getting flirty, I ask if he has a girlfriend/spouse/partner at least two times in the convo (and at least two different ways).

I'm not about ruining anyone's family life nor do I want to be a "unicorn."