WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• lukalulka
    lukalulka Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I set my profile up 51yo female, 96 kilos and 159cm. I specified that I walk 90 minutes a day which is around 11,000 steps. Myfitnesspal calculated my daily calories at 1675 calories. Question - am I supposed to eat this much (I am having around 1300) has the figure taken into account the walking I told it I would do? Also is there a weight loss projection graph. I would like to lose a kilo a week for the next 26 weeks. I know as I reduce it will slow done. Thanks
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Penny - Oh wow those flatbreads :o:D<3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lunch is left over Spinach and Feta Pie, walnut bread, and I've made coleslaw with left over bits from the bottom of the fridge.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yeah, problem is they're de-lish! My husband needs a bit more food than I do so it's okay for him. But for me, it's a struggle to avoid eating them, especially because their aroma soaks into my skin and whispers to me constantly. >:) You know you want one. o:) No, I mustn't. >:) Just one. They're small...

Machka - I feel for you. If I could, I'd send you some of our excess daylight. :sunglasses:

/Penny, practicing self-discipline at the
    t07190.gif
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Rang my DB earlier, they seem to be coping well, able to get out for walk everyday. They live near Llandudno in Wales where the goats are running around LOL Kate UK <3

Kate - I totally missed this the first time around, but when Barbara mentioned it, I went back and looked at your post again. I actually dated a man from Llandudno back in 1979, when I was stationed in Colorado. He was in a military school there, as well. His name was unforgettable -- Paul Moose. I felt like I could just listen to him talk forever. At the time, my sister was dating a man named Looney, to which my mother responded, "A Moose and a Looney? Why are you doing this to me?" Always wondered what happened to Paul. Really is a small world.
    Lisa: Our director talked about getting us all web cams for meetings. :( I don’t think it’s a good idea because right now I am looking more than a little rough. I’m trying to figure out if I have a hat to wear to pick up groceries tomorrow.

Terein RVA

Tere - You can tell your director he or she is late out of the starting gate - went looking for a camera online for a friend of mine yesterday. The same webcam that cost me about $30 three years ago (and works quite well) is now $130 and up where it's in stock. Most webcams are simply out of stock everywhere up until well over the $100 mark. Talk about price gouging... And yes, I keep a baseball hat handy at all times these days. :)

Barbara, and all who mentioned it, thank you for the birthday wishes. I took a day off from work today, but now I'm not even sure why. However, my husband is grilling shrimp for me for dinner tonight, so it will be a good ending to the day anyway.

Tore my office apart and put it back together again yesterday. Have bags of shredded paper waiting to go out in the shed when it quits raining. Every year at tax time I try to make sure to clean out all the files I don't need anymore, as well as the tax return that's more than seven years old. But in all the moves the last few years, I wasn't able to get to it. However, I looked at the IRS website and it's now three years, so I'll shred a few more files today. Yay!

Also built a "House Book" for this house with all the bits and bobs houses collect, receipts for work done, manuals and part lists for the water heater, washer, dryer, etc. Has all the deeds, surveys, etc., as well.

Organizing at this level usually means I'm bored off my nut. :) That's OK, there are worse things than getting things organized, and still much, much more to do for this house.

Today, however, I promised myself I'd do some painting. While I probably won't be able to do the entire #AcrylicApril challenge (30 paintings in 30 days), I can certainly do a few. If you've ever wanted to paint but thought you couldn't, I've been totally impressed by this lady's teaching ability on how to paint with acrylics: https://theartsherpa.com/videos/p=2. She's got more than 600 step-by-step videos on how to paint.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Penny - Oh yes about the husband thing. I have a hard time feeding him up. Grrrrrr! :laugh:

Lisa - Love you madly. <3 HAPPY BIRTHDAY :drinker: :D<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lisa!

Okie
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LISA Happy Birthday xx
    Done weights and cardio, line dancing video, doesn’t burn as many calls as my usual workout but I enjoy it and it exercises the brain as well. Just need to get eating under control DH has brought me chocolate raisins mmmm

Listening to radio, classical music station, I love most genres. News will be on TV soon, can’t help but watch.

My disabled GS was refused benefit last year but appealed and he’s had the claim upheld and will receive payment backdated. Some good news is nice even though DD and partner have no income at the moment and DS and DIL have had hours and pay cut by 20%. They said they accepted this as otherwise co may have gone bust. Hard times for everyone

Loving pics of babies, pets and nature

Keep well

Kate UK ❤️
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Thanks, Heather (and right back at you), and Okie, Margaret and Kate. :)

The business my husband works for (a landscaping business--mowing properties for commercial businesses, mostly) has been declared an essential service, so he will continue to work.

Arkansas has NOT declared a shelter-in-place mandate, but Gov. Hutchinson closed all schools March 17, mandated no groups over ten, restaurants may only have pick ups or delivery, etc. However, photos were published of groups of dozens or more at national parks and state parks. All camping has been prohibited now at the state parks, and they're trying to get the Park Service to close the national parks.

The statistical data shows the exact same curve as every other state, with increasing new cases going up in a straight line. At some point, they'll cave to the necessity. In the meantime, people are just roaming around, doo-tee-doo...

Anyway, I did a bit of painting, and that's not what i want to do... so I'll shred something, get a few aggressions out.

Later,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    jdx4jxstvt70.png

One of the things I would like to leave behind is my long commute. At times in my life I have had to deal with a long commute, but I think this is the longest I've had to deal with a long commute ... almost 6 years. It's getting very old. I've thoroughly enjoyed this week with no commute!!

It's my dream that the world will realise we don't need large office buildings anymore.

For years I've thought that the ideal setup would be this:

A smaller office area consisting of:

-- a large boardroom / lecture theatre for when larger groups of people needed to get together for a whole-of-staff meeting or staff training or something. Smaller organisations might share a room like this. Larger organisations would have one or two of their own.

-- several smaller boardrooms / private offices, some of which might be able to open out into a larger room. These could be used when smaller groups of people needed to get together in person.

-- a small set of cubicles, photocopier/printer, office supply area. These would be for people who want to come in for a few hours or a day or something. At times it can be handy to be in the office, especially if you've got to work with a colleague on something.

Otherwise ... everyone would be at home. Or out travelling or wherever. :):)

Of course, there would have to be additional security costs but it would reduce overhead costs.

It would also reduce motor vehicle traffic on the roads because great hoards of people wouldn't have to go to the same area of town to work at roughly the same time in the mornings and evenings.

And, in light of this first virus we're experiencing and promise of more like it and worse, we would be able to continue social distancing for years to come.

One can dream!

Machka in Oz
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    😊 Happy Friday to all you Beautiful Ladies!! Welcome Newbies!!

Rita I’ve never seen a soft shell turtle. Neat pic! A beautiful view at the park!! Another great pic!

Margaret Thank you! I must have been hacked. Changing password

Sue Great that you can provide the cabin to the nurse! I’m sure it is greatly appreciated! The health care workers all deserve incredible rewards for what they are doing for the world!! I hope the horse’s abscess heals soon. Must be painful! It’s great that you have a lot of land! Nice to have plenty of room for social distancing!

Rori Good to see you! Sorry you are having so much trouble! You are in such a difficult situation to start with…seems like the virus is a bit much for someone like you! I think taking things one second at a time is more like if in your situation!

Amber So glad DH had success at the store! We will all appreciate the little things more after all of this!

Barbie Your dance class sounds perfect! 😊

Sarah Welcome back! Do you get a 1099 (independent contractor) for your landlord income? If so, wouldn’t you be eligible for the new help they talked about yesterday? I didn’t hear all of it, but it sounded like you would be a small business…

Katla Sounds like you did a better job with your bangs than I. LOL. I am not looking forward to what my hair will look like when this is over. I was scheduled to get it cut 2 days after the salon had to close.

Hugs I miss my children in FL!! The best hugs I ever remember were my Momma’s. She’s been gone for so long! (I was 26.) I can still feel them if I remember long enough!
    I’m less elderly and disabled than I was 10 years ago!
    I keep thinking I “need” to shop…but, mostly I “want” to! I am not happy with what we are down to, even though I have been ordering things online; we are a long way from being out of everything. Probably a good cleaning would find a lot more options for dinner. (I’m missing fresh meat and fruit and veggies).

SuzyQ The Big Deborah is my LOL for this morning! Was talking to my sister in FL yesterday and we decided to worry about the few pounds extra when this is over. I won’t gain much (it has been so hard to take off), but I can’t worry about being quite as perfect right now. To those of you who are still eating SO clean, I am extremely impressed! I will stay focused with movement and staying away from sugar. It’s tougher without the fresh foods! Husband talking to dog…lol. That happens at my house all the time!

Bananasandoranges I wish we did something as a neighborhood. I think the president mentioned people singing together. I would take my violin or a guitar out on the deck to join in…seems like a nice idea to bring everyone closer. I also wish we were flying our flags as we did after the 9/11 attacks. I still love my country even though we have a lot wrong these days. Seems like we are spoiled…in my younger days people were less quick to blame everything on everyone else.

Amber So sad to see of the children probably being orphaned again. Will be praying! I hate that so many people are in so much pain! Wish I knew more to do to help.

Machka Six months seems awfully long, but I guess “normal” has changed forever. I like the rush to normal saying!

Evelyn What a pretty hanging!

Tere Your doggy is beautiful!!

Tina Sorry for your Mister’s back and his father’s hip. My FIL was never the same after his broken hip in his 80s. I think the fact that he was laid up so long made it hard for him to stay healthy. ☹

Michele Massage therapists are shut down for now. I wonder if they will still take out my monthly payments. I imagine they will and just apply them to future appointments. As much as the service is medically needed, it’s hard to get insurance or the government to see it as “essential”. I can already tell Baby is putting a huge strain on my back injuries! Definitely will need to stretch daily!!

Katla and Viv I sure hope your daughter and son are okay!! I am always thrilled to get back messages that the kids are well. They are 500 miles away. What could I do if they needed me??

Karen Oh, Sweet Lilli!! What an angel!

Penny Your flatbread looks yummy!

Stay healthy and happy!! I am so grateful for all of you! <3 Luci in WNC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~
    I am up dressed and having my tea.. have to run to the bank and sign some papers and pick Homer up and come right back home
    rainy yucky day.. but might do some cooking..
    Happiest of Birthdays Dear Lisa~ Love ya my friend xoxo
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    took the lazy way out... didn't ride all the way to work